Front office showdown coming?

jjakq27

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would probably find more joy in kicking your buddy in the nuts than trying to figure out what the hell Marvin is talking about when he does a news conference. Hell, I bet even after we find out what the "changes" are in the post season news conference, half the people leave there going, "HUH" ??

WHODEY !!!

From Mark Curnutte's blog today....

Doesn't sound promising, now does it? <_<

Billy reads this and immediately heads to kitchen, pulls out bottle of bourbon, pours 50/50 mix with coffee, and begins drinking heavily. :(

Pour two, I'll join you. :sure:

If you bring the Mrs. B1, she'll have to bring the 1896 Broomhandle Mauser Pistol with her. Those things are CLASSIC! :2guns:

If any of you play Resident Evil 4, Leon has a gun almost just like that.....looks like a top-loader Luger with a stock attached.

Man I love that game.....

First roster moves of te offseason, from Hobs...

ROSTER MOVES: The Bengals on Monday signed four players from their practice squad to two-year deals on the offseason roster: Defensive end Titus Adams of Nebraska, center Kyle Cook of Michigan State, defensive back Nick Turnbull of Florida International, and tackle Dane Uperesa of Hawaii.

Cook and Uperesa, rookies in '07, spent the full season on the Bengals practice squad. Adams, classified a first-year NFL player, and Turnbull, a second-year player, both joined the practice squad Dec. 18.

First roster moves of te offseason, from Hobs...

ROSTER MOVES: The Bengals on Monday signed four players from their practice squad to two-year deals on the offseason roster: Defensive end Titus Adams of Nebraska, center Kyle Cook of Michigan State, defensive back Nick Turnbull of Florida International, and tackle Dane Uperesa of Hawaii.

Cook and Uperesa, rookies in '07, spent the full season on the Bengals practice squad. Adams, classified a first-year NFL player, and Turnbull, a second-year player, both joined the practice squad Dec. 18.

Too bad we couldn't have just jumped the gun a few weeks earlier and signed Toeaina to the active roster.

Wow, I can't believe I'm typing this, but I AGREE with the front office in that we're not that far away. Too much talk in this topic sounds like the fans of a 3-13 team. We went 7-9 and a couple of those games could have gone the other way and this was with a ton of second, third, and sometimes fourth string guys!

Calm down, right now at least the right things are being said(complacency won't be aceepted, blah) by the right people(marvin)

Wow, I can't believe I'm typing this, but I AGREE with the front office in that we're not that far away. Too much talk in this topic sounds like the fans of a 3-13 team. We went 7-9 and a couple of those games could have gone the other way and this was with a ton of second, third, and sometimes fourth string guys!

Calm down, right now at least the right things are being said(complacency won't be aceepted, blah) by the right people(marvin)

We might be next year. :P If the people behind the scenes had shown any competency in getting some decent quality depth and the vaguest notion of knowing how to manage a roster I'd be more optimistic. But you're right, it's not all doom and gloom. Ask the Falcons.

We might be next year. :P If the people behind the scenes had shown any competency in getting some decent quality depth and the vaguest notion of knowing how to manage a roster I'd be more optimistic. But you're right, it's not all doom and gloom. Ask the Falcons.

But that's it. We have an amazing amount of players that missed signifigant time(if not all season) and we still won almost half our games with around 5 of losses being close, games we were in till the end. I'd say our depth proved admirably, and type again that we're very close to being right up there

Boom I admire your positive thinking but this team finished three games out of the last playoff spot this year. And we lost to the Chiefs, Bills, Cardinals and the 49ers. Win those winable games and we are in. Beat Seattle like we should have and that might have turned the season around early.

I think we are very close yet very far in some instances. I do feel like the drive and motivation and cohesiveness that was lacking early seemed to have returned at the end of the season. However the 49ers game was evidence that when they face a little adversity we seem to pack it in sometimes. Or we hit the panic button when a cooler, calmer and more confident approach would be better.

Hopefully Marvin is serious about re-evaluating all aspects of the team and hopefully MB and Co. will be facilitators of these changes rather than a hinderance. And maybe this year will force some of the players to grow up a little and just play.

Yeah, and a couple of those wins could have gone the other way, too, and that was with the vast majority of our first stringers in. We ended up with the 5th-easiest sked in the league...and went 7-9. We stink, pure and simple. And if the FO just nibbles around the edges in the offseason, we'll stink again next season.

Doesn't sound promising, now does it? <_<

I don't know what to make of this. Curnette seems to be making excuses for getting scooped so badly. He just seems to be saying the report isn't accurate. Not accurate? It's an exact transcript of an interview. Curnette asks us to trust his interpretation of remarks made to him by unnamed front office types. The other guy gives us exact quotes from the Head Coach and defacto personnel chief. Think I'll go with Rabinowitz. In my mind Curnette's credibility is falling.

I'd say it's a reflection of the things I've been saying for years. That being, the local media in Cincinnati is not only shockingly bad, but has developed a toxic relationship with most of the sports personalities they're tasked with covering. As a result you have personalities like Lewis being so distrustful of local scribes that he doesn't willingly say anything of substance to most of Cincy's local media. However, Lewis is almost certainly aware that Rabinowitz has no particular axe to grind, and will portray the things Lewis says fairly and accurately.

I wonder when their meeting is tomorrow and when we might hear anything. I keep thinking about the Les Frazier thing a few years ago which didn't come out for several days after the Monday morning meeting.

I doubt we hear anything for awhile. Most of the news breaking now will be about head coaches and the occasional general manager being let go. Not only are those positions safe in Cincinnati, but it'll take several days or weeks before the roll of fired coaches is complete. Thus, it'll take a comparable amount of time to learn what coordinators and position coaches have become available.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that the Bengals will lose more coaches to attrition (moving on to bigger jobs) than we will lose by replacing them.

I do hope they are able to reconnect with Hue Jackson. I think his presence was missed this year.