TJ our only probowler

Kazkal

This proves why the probowl is wack... Chad's the #4 leading receiver in yardage, I guess yards don't matter this year... I'll watch the Probowl just to see Roethlisburger stink it up.

That reminds me of back in the early 00's when Derrick Mason lead the league in yardage and didn't make the probowl. How does that happen?

Please don't compare Mason to Chad... are you serious? :wacko:

No, I'm not comparing the two, where did that come from? It's pretty obvious what my point was. Pro Bowl = Joke. You think it's ridiculous that Johnson didn't get in because he's forth in the league in yardage, and to your point I'm telling you that a reciever that lead the league didn't get it Once again pretty obvious what my point here was... Pro Bowl = Joke...

And you get pissy with me? Good Grief. Remind me to never help you make a point again or take your side in a debate.

sorry bout that, that's my fault... I realized what you meant after I made the post, couldn't erase.

I seen that you were a steeles fan and I did make a comment about how Rothlisburger sucks so I thought you were taking a jab at me.

This proves why the probowl is wack... Chad's the #4 leading receiver in yardage, I guess yards don't matter this year... I'll watch the Probowl just to see Roethlisburger stink it up.

That reminds me of back in the early 00's when Derrick Mason lead the league in yardage and didn't make the probowl. How does that happen?

No, I'm not comparing the two, where did that come from? It's pretty obvious what my point was. Pro Bowl = Joke. You think it's ridiculous that Johnson didn't get in because he's forth in the league in yardage, and to your point I'm telling you that a reciever that lead the league didn't get it Once again pretty obvious what my point here was... Pro Bowl = Joke...

And you get pissy with me? Good Grief. Remind me to never help you make a point again or take your side in a debate.

sorry bout that, that's my fault... I realized what you meant after I made the post, couldn't erase.

No harm no foul... I just thought you were turning homer on me all of the sudden. :cheers: We're cool.

No harm no foul... I just thought you were turning homer on me all of the sudden. :cheers: We're cool.

You from PA? I have family in Ligoneir, Pa. It's a small town in the mountain nubbs... It's a few minutes from where the Steelers training camp is held.

Yeah, I live in Campbelltown which is the first town east of Hershey, PA. Nice area, campbelltown is almost a village, only like 1,000 people in the whole town... very small. Do you ever party in Pittsburgh? The south side has this awesome brick road along the river just lined with bars and clubs... it's a really neat part of town, very clean, very safe.

I'm sure he'll be there supporting TJ anyway... It's probably a good thing that Chad didn't make the Pro Bowl. Hopefully this will be a humbling experience for Chad

If our Prom Queen of a receiver goes to the Pro Bowl it won't be to support anything but her fragile, gargantuan ego.

The ProBowl means a bunch of media, which equals opportunities for Chad to jump in front of cameras and provide endless copy for writers.

Come to think of it, this year's ProBowl is perfect for Chad. He'll have countless chances to preen, pose, and promenade, but won't have to play any actual football. Polish up the gold teef, we headin' to H'waii!

Yeah, I live in Campbelltown which is the first town east of Hershey, PA. Nice area, campbelltown is almost a village, only like 1,000 people in the whole town... very small. Do you ever party in Pittsburgh? The south side has this awesome brick road along the river just lined with bars and clubs... it's a really neat part of town, very clean, very safe.

I'm going to a Penguins game in February, its the Penguins vs. Sharks... Is the Penguins stadium near the "brick road"?

I'm going to a Penguins game in February, its the Penguins vs. Sharks... Is the Penguins stadium near the "brick road"?

Not in terms of walking, but it's a short 10 minute drive (at most). I would normally recommend the trolley, but the only place it stops on the south side would make for a good walk to where he is talking.

Not in terms of walking, but it's a short 10 minute drive (at most). I would normally recommend the trolley, but the only place it stops on the south side would make for a good walk to where he is talking.

10 minutes isn't bad, we'll have a car... Do you have any other recommendations for my weekend visit to pittsburgh in Feb. duus or is this the place to be?

10 minutes isn't bad, we'll have a car... Do you have any other recommendations for my weekend visit to pittsburgh in Feb. duus or is this the place to be?

I don't often get to party in downtown Pittsburgh, so there's probably other places just as good or better... I'm not sure. I just always thought that was a neat little area in a relatively big city.

Well, you could surely stroll up to Oakland and hang out with the Pitt crazies. That's also less than 10 minutes away. Lots of places up there too, but you'll be dealing with the college crowd ... depends what you are looking for. There are several things to recommend in terms of 'Pittsburgh things' to try, but I'm suspecting you've done many living so close. Personally, I don't know why you would bother! :blink: Go figure ... I spend 16 years trying to get out of this place, and you're all excited about visiting! Nice.

Well, you could surely stroll up to Oakland and hang out with the Pitt crazies. That's also less than 10 minutes away. Lots of places up there too, but you'll be dealing with the college crowd ... depends what you are looking for. There are several things to recommend in terms of 'Pittsburgh things' to try, but I'm suspecting you've done many living so close. Personally, I don't know why you would bother! :blink: Go figure ... I spend 16 years trying to get out of this place, and you're all excited about visiting! Nice.

LOL, its hockey and we don't have a team. The Penguins look pretty good and the tix are free, so what the hell. A manufacture rep for my companty has season tix and he offered me 4. Also a good friend of mine is a really good hockey player, who plays for NKU, will also be thrilled to see some live NHL action... So there are a lot of good reasons for me to want to visit Pittsburgh oddly enough... College crowd sounds like fun.

Yawn.

What's the matter lil' man? Is it past your bedtime? Well, scamper off to Sleepytown and know that when you awake a player you've been slagging all season will be going to the Pro Bowl, and one that you've desperately been trying to defend won't be. So run along now, and hush yourself to sleep. And who knows, maybe if you're quiet enough you can actually hear the Sandman laughing at you?

You're missing the fact that TJ is blossoming into the poor man's Chad Johnson. All the talk but less than half the humor.

Well there's the rub because I don't require, or even want, football players who are known mainly for their comedic skills. For example, if you're a wideout.....just catch at least half of the TD passes thrown your way.

So, my yawn somehow awakes your need for juvenile name calling. I admit, you're really getting all worked up over this issue aren't you. Sorry to point out the hypocrisy of your consistent crapping on one player while perpetuating a love affair with what is becoming increasingly obvious as -- pretty much the same player. I must be getting close to the bone by comparing your boyfriend, TJ, with all that is wrong in sports (ie, Chad Johnson). I can't be the only one witnessing how bitter TJ has become and how quickly he is happy to talk to reporters with an attitude that can hardly be described as team based. But, no, you would prefer to call me "lil' man."

I had thought you above such lame comments. Sadly, you have once again limboed under my opinion of you. I do, however, appreciate you characterizing my mild defense of Chad as "slagging all season" -- props for your ability to ignore reality. My point throughout any of the hundreds of Chad-based threads to which I have contributed was that I care about performance on the field, not whether some media hack (or mb hack) thinks he talks too much. That you choose to turn that into me defending Chad when he plays badly is both counter-intuitive and dishonest on your part. Had I claimed that Chad never does anything wrong on the field, you might have a point, but I didn't and so you don't. I have definitely admitted that he has played badly and, for that alone, he deserves some blame.

Your propensity to not only tell us what you think, but what I think as well is frustrating. At least have the courtesy to be honest about what I have argued in the past. And, for the record, other than it's ability to piss you off, I really don't care what TJ says either. While it is certainly less interesting, I happen to recognize that most football players are more than happy to say stupid things when a microphone is placed in front of them and don't put too much stock in that kind of thing. That you have literally made it your job to continue an impassioned jihad against Chad Johnson while effectively ignoring when other players tread the path of self-promotion does not need to be pointed out to anyone who has spent any time reading the thousands of postings you have devoted to the subject. I am happy to let your hysteria speak for itself. In fact, I find it rather........tiring.....yawn.

Being big supporter of chad it didn't surprise me he's not going because AFC WR's are very good this year.

Braylon-He deserves it more then chad with 13 TD's and 5th in yardage.

Reggie Wayne-He is beating chad in yardage

Randy Moss- Well hes on patriots offense now -_-

TJ-Is where chad get's knocked out at with having votes split between the 2 of em.

So, my yawn somehow awakes your need for juvenile name calling.

Did I call you a name? I don't recall doing that, but I admit freely that it fits my profile.

Sorry to point out the hypocrisy of your consistent crapping on one player while perpetuating a love affair with what is becoming increasingly obvious as -- pretty much the same player.

Don't apologize. It's a sign of weakness. Besides, I find it useful how you repeatedly attempt to expose my hypocrisy by indulging in the same types of attacks. In short, Chad makes you wet so you consistently slag TJ when Chad is criticized. But there's the rub because TJ is having a pretty remarkable season. As for Chad, not so much.

But, no, you would prefer to call me "lil' man." I had thought you above such lame comments.

Oh my, I guess that must be the name I called you. In my defense I hadn't realized how badly the jibe would sting you. Seriously, I was just trying to make fun of your habit of yawning, and how often you pretend to be bored by these rants, yet respond angrily to every single one of them.

I had thought you above such lame comments. Sadly, you have once again limboed under my opinion of you.

Yup, there's the anger again. It's remarkable how often these threads upset you when one considers how little you profess to care, ehh?

My point throughout any of the hundreds of Chad-based threads to which I have contributed was that I care about performance on the field, not whether some media hack (or mb hack) thinks he talks too much.

And speaking of his performance on the field, Chad dropped another perfectly thrown TD pass, didn't he? In fact, his unspectacular performance against the 49'ers prompted the Bengals OC to point out how Chad had missed an opportunity to make a big play due to breaking off another route, a now familiar theme, in addition to dropping another TD pass, an even more familiar theme.

I have definitely admitted that he has played badly and, for that alone, he deserves some blame.

Yes indeed. Blame. But more to the point, he doesn't deserve accolades like an invitation to the Pro Bowl. In fact, some might say his play is so undeserving that it's fair game to mock his boast about how another trip to Hawaii would be his answer to his critics.

I am happy to let your hysteria speak for itself. In fact, I find it rather........tiring.....yawn.

All I know is that I'm looking forward to reading your 1,345th post about how little you care.

It's the least I can do being -- as it is -- in response to your 5,963rd hysterical one. You had to see that coming didn't you? Yes, it's true, every one of my posts has been in support of Chad Johnson. Your omiscience remains undisturbed.

I do find name calling lame and you're admission to the tactic with glee doesn't make it any less lame. You will obviously continue to get your panties completely wadded up every time I note how hypocritical you have become, so don't take my pointing it out as interest beyond the topical. This thread was about TJ becoming a probowler after all, and you used it to express your obsession with Chad Johnson. In so doing, your point becomes that TJ is a first-time probowler while CJ is not for the first time in several years. So, the probowl means you're good and deserving, or not? If not, then TJ getting to the probowl this year means nothing. If so, then CJ living at the probowl must mean something. Either way, you undermine your own point don't you think.

What I don't care about is talk over performance (sound familiar -- it should -- I say it every time you try to claim that I said something else). I certainly do care about tweaking you with your blatant contradictions. It's amusing to me. Now go ahead and treat yourself to calling me something really impressive this time. Or how about this -- see if you can break your own PR as to how many times you can break this up into separate pieces so that you can try to change my point for me.

It's the least I can do being -- as it is -- in response to your 5,963rd hysterical one. You had to see that coming didn't you?

Absolutely. In fact, it was as predictable as you dinging TJ everytime Chad screws up. One act always follows the other.

I do find name calling lame and you're admission to the tactic with glee doesn't make it any less lame.

Well, let's be clear on this one. I wrote a little funny, and in it I called you "Li'l man". If that's a crime it seems like a slight one. However, feel free to complain and whine about that bitter blow as long as you want. For my part, I'll try not to laugh too loudly.

This thread was about TJ becoming a probowler after all, and you used it to express your obsession with Chad Johnson.

To be fair, I also gave TJ props, and voiced my opinion that Opie was also worthy. Besides, it's only natural to comment on a player failing to reach a standard that had become routine.

In so doing, your point becomes that TJ is a first-time probowler while CJ is not for the first time in several years. So, the probowl means you're good and deserving, or not? If not, then TJ getting to the probowl this year means nothing. If so, then CJ living at the probowl must mean something. Either way, you undermine your own point don't you think.

If I'm not mitaken you've just spun a logic puzzle that you admit has no correct answer. Quite frankly, many people would call your tactic worthless spin, and I admit I'm one of them.

What I don't care about is talk over performance (sound familiar -- it should -- I say it every time you try to claim that I said something else).

Actually, it doesn't sound familiar. Until now you've pretended that all you care about is a discussion strictly limited to performance....though in fairness you say almost nothing about Chad's poor performance whenever he gives us reason to. Regardless, if you'd like to get back on rant just keep repeating the bits about actual game performance being the only thing you care about, not talk about talk. (Helpful hint: Pretent to yawn from time to time.)

I certainly do care about tweaking you with your blatant contradictions. It's amusing to me.

So how come you're the one whining and complaining? And how come I'm not as angry as you claim to be? Shouldn't you be having as good a time as I am?

Or how about this -- see if you can break your own PR as to how many times you can break this up into separate pieces so that you can try to change my point for me.

What a perfect ending. Because there you are whining and complaining about me writing posts in exactly the same manner as you sometimes do. In short, you've ended your rant whining about hypocrisy....while engaging in it.

Well done. :sure:

7, not quite a record, but impressive nonetheless. I'm sure there was something important in there, but we can pick it up later.

Now or later, I doubt you'll fare any better than you have been. After all, you've been reduced to counting the number of times I break up a quote so that the response is easier to follow.

Seriously, what's that worth?

Aim higher.

You can do better.

In fact, anyone could.

No Doubt.

T.J. is the only Bengal that should have made it. Troy Polamalu whatever should not have even been close to making it, that's garbage his making it taints the probowl some of these dudes should decline knowing that they did not play to probowl standard he spent more time on the sidelines then anything.

So many guys get in on reputation alone... I love Polamalu, but he's missed four games and hasn't been healthy in the ones he has played in. His stats for this year are as follows... 52 tackles, no sacks, no picks, 2 forced fumbles. Hardly Pro bowl numbers. That being said, I'll take it and congrats to TJ. Troy will be back to form next year if he can get healthy in the offseason...

I would love to have that guy on this team, anyone would....

No Doubt.

T.J. is the only Bengal that should have made it. Troy Polamalu whatever should not have even been close to making it, that's garbage his making it taints the probowl some of these dudes should decline knowing that they did not play to probowl standard he spent more time on the sidelines then anything.

So many guys get in on reputation alone... I love Polamalu, but he's missed four games and hasn't been healthy in the ones he has played in. His stats for this year are as follows... 52 tackles, no sacks, no picks, 2 forced fumbles. Hardly Pro bowl numbers. That being said, I'll take it and congrats to TJ. Troy will be back to form next year if he can get healthy in the offseason...

I would love to have that guy on this team, anyone would....

Amen - he is a madman on the field, yet (from everything I gather) a quality individual off...