TJ our only probowler

Kazkal

No Doubt.

T.J. is the only Bengal that should have made it. Troy Polamalu whatever should not have even been close to making it, that's garbage his making it taints the probowl some of these dudes should decline knowing that they did not play to probowl standard he spent more time on the sidelines then anything.

I agree that TJ ids the only one that should make it, Chad dropped waaaaaay too many balls (and many in key situations) and Carson was not what we expect. Other than Graham, no one else should have even smelled a vote...

No Doubt.

T.J. is the only Bengal that should have made it. Troy Polamalu whatever should not have even been close to making it, that's garbage his making it taints the probowl some of these dudes should decline knowing that they did not play to probowl standard he spent more time on the sidelines then anything.

So many guys get in on reputation alone... I love Polamalu, but he's missed four games and hasn't been healthy in the ones he has played in. His stats for this year are as follows... 52 tackles, no sacks, no picks, 2 forced fumbles. Hardly Pro bowl numbers. That being said, I'll take it and congrats to TJ. Troy will be back to form next year if he can get healthy in the offseason...

So much for Chad's empty boast about how he'd shut up his critics with another Pro Bowl appearance.

Now more than ever, more TJ....less Chad

Exactly - TJ is the toughest Bengal we have had since James Brooks and Tim Krumrie... Chad, well, he seems to have a little Darney Scott in him when he goes of the middle and a little TO (drops) in him an critical times of games.

So much for Chad's empty boast about how he'd shut up his critics with another Pro Bowl appearance.

Now more than ever, more TJ....less Chad

Yawn. You're missing the fact that TJ is blossoming into the poor man's Chad Johnson. All the talk but less than half the humor. Since you're so focused on guys not drawing attention to themselves, I would have thought your mantra should have morphed into

more Chris Henry....less TJ/CJ.

So many guys get in on reputation alone... I love Polamalu, but he's missed four games and hasn't been healthy in the ones he has played in. His stats for this year are as follows... 52 tackles, no sacks, no picks, 2 forced fumbles. Hardly Pro bowl numbers. That being said, I'll take it and congrats to TJ. Troy will be back to form next year if he can get healthy in the offseason...

... and add to that that Taylor gets snubbed having 5.1 yards per carry ... a full yard more than Addai and Parker. That simply is not right. What is worse is the team that just went into Heinz Field and handled the Steelers ends up with how many Pro Bowl players? Zero ... ZERO! Can you really make the argument that Parker, Roethlisberger, Faneca, Polamalu, and Harrison all get in while NONE of the Jags? Although some of the stats may be similar than those of the Jags players, there is no reason the Steelers get 5 and the Jags get 0. I could see this playing out as a serious 'no respect' card should another meeting happen in January. You don't think Garrard and Taylor will have a serious chip on their shoulders when they look on the other bench and see the guy that did get to go? Just makes the game within the game that much more fun.

... and add to that that Taylor gets snubbed having 5.1 yards per carry ... a full yard more than Addai and Parker. That simply is not right. What is worse is the team that just went into Heinz Field and handled the Steelers ends up with how many Pro Bowl players? Zero ... ZERO! Can you really make the argument that Parker, Roethlisberger, Faneca, Polamalu, and Harrison all get in while NONE of the Jags? Although some of the stats may be similar than those of the Jags players, there is no reason the Steelers get 5 and the Jags get 0. I could see this playing out as a serious 'no respect' card should another meeting happen in January. You don't think Garrard and Taylor will have a serious chip on their shoulders when they look on the other bench and see the guy that did get to go? Just makes the game within the game that much more fun.

It would p_ss me off if I was them I can tell you that... It does speak to the whole tema concept though, it could be taken as a good thing. I know I'm reaching with that last part. :sure:

It would p_ss me off if I was them I can tell you that... It does speak to the whole tema concept though, it could be taken as a good thing. I know I'm reaching with that last part. :sure:

The concept of "team" and the concept of a ProBowl cannot coexist.

That may help to explain why the ProBowl sucks so much.

No kidding. They may actually be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th best team in the league. I really do not think they are any lower than 5th, behind only the Pats, Colts, Cowboys, and Packers ... and likely are higher than that. ... yet no Pro Bowlers. Wow. Just Wow.

The concept of "team" and the concept of a ProBowl cannot coexist.

That may help to explain why the ProBowl sucks so much.

It is such a double standard isn't it. "There's no I in team... but if you play well enough you'll be singled out to play a game without your teammates in Hawaii." What???

TJ said he'd take the playoffs over a Pro Bowl, and talked about how his and others' windows are closing in terms of what's left in their careers. I guess this is where his frustrations come from - not winning and getting up there in years here. At least he talked about that more than anything else in his statement/interview, and seemed to be honest, which is what I like about him. Sounds like a guy who wants out possibly if things don't change - sound familiar? Not saying it'll come to that any time soon, but getting back on track next year seems pretty critical at this point when your top franchise players are growing very impatient and discontent with things again.

Yawn.

What's the matter lil' man? Is it past your bedtime? Well, scamper off to Sleepytown and know that when you awake a player you've been slagging all season will be going to the Pro Bowl, and one that you've desperately been trying to defend won't be. So run along now, and hush yourself to sleep. And who knows, maybe if you're quiet enough you can actually hear the Sandman laughing at you?

You're missing the fact that TJ is blossoming into the poor man's Chad Johnson. All the talk but less than half the humor.

Well there's the rub because I don't require, or even want, football players who are known mainly for their comedic skills. For example, if you're a wideout.....just catch at least half of the TD passes thrown your way.

This proves why the probowl is wack... Chad's the #4 leading receiver in yardage, I guess yards don't matter this year...

I'll argue that yards don't define the season Chad Johnson has had, and people noticed.

That said, he's a 1st alternate and if the plane to Hawaii has a backdoor he could still make it.

I'm sure he'll be there supporting TJ anyway... It's probably a good thing that Chad didn't make the Pro Bowl. Hopefully this will be a humbling experience for Chad and he'll have a career year next season.

This proves why the probowl is wack... Chad's the #4 leading receiver in yardage, I guess yards don't matter this year... I'll watch the Probowl just to see Roethlisburger stink it up.

That reminds me of back in the early 00's when Derrick Mason lead the league in yardage and didn't make the probowl. How does that happen?

Please don't compare Mason to Chad... are you serious? :wacko:

This proves why the probowl is wack... Chad's the #4 leading receiver in yardage, I guess yards don't matter this year... I'll watch the Probowl just to see Roethlisburger stink it up.

That reminds me of back in the early 00's when Derrick Mason lead the league in yardage and didn't make the probowl. How does that happen?

Please don't compare Mason to Chad... are you serious? :wacko:

No, I'm not comparing the two, where did that come from? It's pretty obvious what my point was. Pro Bowl = Joke. You think it's ridiculous that Johnson didn't get in because he's forth in the league in yardage, and to your point I'm telling you that a reciever that lead the league didn't get in. Once again pretty obvious what my point here was... Pro Bowl = Joke...

And you get pissy with me? Good Grief. Remind me to never help you make a point again or take your side in a debate.