Lakers:(

jditty47

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
GO LAKERS AND PISTONS :player:

Pistons in seven; twice. B)

No way the Pistons are beating a team out of the West. I'll say Lakers would sweep the Pistons.

The Pistons play ugly ball. Do they even shoot 45% from the field???

No, they shoot 42% :lol: , but don't dismiss the pistons because they're from the east. Everything is cyclic.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/stats/

The Pistons were 1-1 against the Lakers and 0-2 versus Minnesota (both one point games). So as long as the pistons reach the finals I see a grinding seven game series on the horizon. :blink:

No way the Pistons are beating a team out of the West. I'll say Lakers would sweep the Pistons.

No, they shoot 42% :lol: , but don't dismiss the pistons because they're from the east. Everything is cyclic.

The Pistons were 1-1 against the Lakers and 0-2 versus Minnesota (both one point games). So as long as the pistons reach the finals I see a grinding seven game series on the horizon. :blink:

42% is adequate when you play D like the Pistons do. You don't need to score 100 pts a game when you can hold your opponents to 82 as they've done so far in the playoffs. Yes, It may be ugly, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And to me, the Pistons play beautiful basketball, as exemplified by Teyshaun Prince's block of Weggie Miller at the end of the game on Monday. That was a thing of beauty. It saved the game for them.

The Lakers on the other hand, play about 10 total minutes of D per game.

Go Pistons!!

42% is adequate when you play D like the Pistons do. You don't need to score 100 pts a game when you can hold your opponents to 82 as they've done so far in the playoffs. Yes, It may be ugly, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And to me, the Pistons play beautiful basketball, as exemplified by Teyshaun Prince's block of Weggie Miller at the end of the game on Monday. That was a thing of beauty. It saved the game for them.

The Lakers on the other hand, play about 10 total minutes of D per game.

Go Pistons!!

Too bad--the Pistons play offense like the University of Pittsburgh--and that is IF IT ISN'T A DUNK, IT ISN'T GOING IN.

Shooting 42% from the field is equivalent to a bricklayer's convention.

THAT'S OOGLY.

The Fakers will run right over that.

Alright Barb we got my Pistons-Lookers finals! I wish I had taken the long odds WEEKS ago. :(

You say the pistons can't do it. I say they can. :angry: Check out tonights ugly game. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=240601008

The Lookers will never be able to handle the Pistons' Defense for seven games; :P I'll say not even for six. I now predict a Pistons will win in six games! B)

I'll go with the Pistons too. Tay Prince leading the way on defense. Yes, NBAers I said DEFENSE! I know your not used to seeing it but here in Kentucky we know it well! B)

Make that 3 for the Pistons. Can you say "hack-a-Shaq?"

I say "KOBE FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"!!!!!

The Lakers take the Championship in 5. They're wayyyyy too strong for the Pistons. No way an Eastern Team is winning the Champ.

Any bets on this???

ill put a paycheck down that the lakers win. My guess is that they demoralize them at home in the first 2...win a close one in game 3 and then sweep them in 4. :) Detroit sucks. They couldnt score 80 on the pacers crappy defense. Rasheed = overrated and sucks. Ben wallace = small. detroit = no big man. rip hamilton = only scorer...1 scorer cannot beat the lakers.

Most likely it will be lakers in 4-6 games. Detroit has no hope. s**t the rockets, spurs, or twolves woulda beaten them in the finals and they think they can withstand the glory and power and prestige of the lakers????? PALEEEZ!!!!!!!!!

GO LAKERS!!!:)

ill put a paycheck down that the lakers win.  My guess is that they demoralize them at home in the first 2...win a close one in game 3 and then sweep them in 4. :)  Detroit sucks.  They couldnt score 80 on the pacers crappy defense.  Rasheed = overrated and sucks.  Ben wallace = small.  detroit = no big man.  rip hamilton = only scorer...1 scorer cannot beat the lakers. 

Most likely it will be lakers in 4-6 games.  Detroit has no hope.  s**t the rockets, spurs, or twolves woulda beaten them in the finals and they think they can withstand the glory and power and prestige of the lakers????? PALEEEZ!!!!!!!!!

GO LAKERS!!!:)

I'd take the Pacers crappy defense over the Lakers non-existent defense any day. The Pistons somehow managed to score 106 points against the Lakers "D" in a regular season win and 89 in their regular season loss...Yes, the same team that couldn't score 80 against the Pacers D managed to rack up 106 points against the glory and power and prestige. And they did it without Rasheed.

I'll give you that Rip Hamilton is their only true scorer, but preventing your opponent from scoring is just as effective as having a whole team of Kobe's and Shaq's. As long as Chauncy, Rasheed, and Teyshaun contribute, they'll be just fine.

As for big men...Corliss Williamson said it best yesterday when he said, "We've got about six guys over 6-foot-10...so that's 36 fouls we've got." See ya at the free-throw line Shaq!!

As for big men...Corliss Williamson said it best yesterday when he said, "We've got about six guys over 6-foot-10...so that's 36 fouls we've got."  See ya at the free-throw line Shaq!!

:lol::lol::lol:

The way Shaq has been hacking free throws there might be a new slogan:

Shaq is a hack. :D if it ain't a dunk, it ain't goin' in. :P

The Lakers will not lose. I'd be surprised if Detroit will one or two games. The Lakers, in each series, seem to have a game where they're just sleeping and groggy and can't play. Otherwise, they have four hall of fame players, an incredible outside shooter and THE coach.

Sure Detroit has defense, but they can't score. Anytime Hamilton is the offensive threat on the team, then you're in trouble.

you laker haters are complete idiots when it comes to basketball. First off, its the East. Detroit would lose in the finals to anyone that the lakers ahve beaten so far...Houston, San Antonio or Minnesota. The east sucks and they have no bigman and no chance. So what they ahve 36 fouls...it never works...ever. wow they put 106 on us...was all 4 of the lakers in the lineup? And btw...regular season means s**t....look at what the lakers did all season and what they are doing now...completely different team. The nets 2 yrs ago was better off than detroit now and they got raped.

Non existent defense??? are u serious or just retarded? We stopped garnett, parker, duncan, etc...need more signs of good defense? Its not the greatest, but effective..cuz quite frankly we dont need great defense when u have great offense. Ben is gonna get chewed up and spit out...and him not being a scorer is going to KILL the pistons. Shaq is going to roam free under the glass on defense...can u say 5 blocks a game at least????

Lakers in 4....pistons suck and u need to wake the f**k up!!!!

So what you trying to say jditty?

No, I agree. I think the Lakers are far superior. The Lakers were 25-5 against the East, Detroit was 17-9.

I'm not pro-Lakers nor anti-Pistons, I really don't have a favorite team in the NBA, but I love the playoffs. Good professional basketball is played there, more so, this has been one of the better NBA playoffs since the Jordon ERA in my opinion. I've watched the entire playoffs and I'll go through the positions why I think the Lakers will win, just from what I've seen.

Lets look at the positions.

Center - Good match up, both play defense well if not in foul trouble. However, Shaq scores a lot more points. Wallace rarely plays someone as big or tough as Shaq, have to give the edge to the Lakers.

#4 - Malone and Rasheed. This is another good matchup that I think could go either way. But while Rasheed is more streaky, Malone is definitely a force noticed every game. And if you piss Malone off, he can make it extremely difficult to get an offensive rebound or drive.

#3 - The Pistons have an edge, but not much. But I think Prince has more upswing and can create oppritunities on both sides.

#2 - Kobe vs. Hamilton. LOL... are you serious? Edge goes to the Lakers.

#1 - If Payton starts, then you have to pick Billups for the Pistons. But when Fisher comes in, holy crap watch OUT!

The Lakers also have the better bench.

I just don't see how the Pistons can win this. I can see the Lakers winning in six, but I'm thinking five. I don't think it'll be a sweep though, there'll be a game the Lakers fall asleep.

you laker haters are complete idiots when it comes to basketball.  First off, its the East.  Detroit would lose in the finals to anyone that the lakers ahve beaten so far...Houston, San Antonio or Minnesota.  The east sucks and they have no bigman and no chance.  So what they ahve 36 fouls...it never works...ever.  wow they put 106 on us...was all 4 of the lakers in the lineup?  And btw...regular season means s**t....look at what the lakers did all season and what they are doing now...completely different team.  The nets 2 yrs ago was better off than detroit now and they got raped. 

Non existent defense??? are u serious or just retarded?  We stopped garnett, parker, duncan, etc...need more signs of good defense?  Its not the greatest, but effective..cuz quite frankly we dont need great defense when u have great offense.  Ben is gonna get chewed up and spit out...and him not being a scorer is going to KILL the pistons.  Shaq is going to roam free under the glass on defense...can u say 5 blocks a game at least????

Lakers in 4....pistons suck and u need to wake the f**k up!!!!

Is the name calling really necessary? Maybe I am a complete idiot when it comes to basketball, but I've been following the sport since I went to my first college game back in '76. I like to think maybe I've picked up a thing or two in the last 28 years. I guess it's time to wake the f*** up.

Truth be told, if I were to bet my paycheck on this series, I would put it on the Lakers. It pains me to say that because the Pistons have been my team since '88...the first time they lost to the Lakers. But what all you Laker bandwagoneers fail to realize is that the Pistons have a CHANCE. They don't suck, otherwise they wouldn't be in the finals. They do one thing as well as or better than any team in the league (including the Lakers), and that's play defense. As long as you can dominate a team with your D, you have a CHANCE to win. That's true in any sport. Just ask a Ravens fan. Assuming that you're going to walk all over a team because they don't have many true scorers or big men is the kind of thinking that loses championships. I doubt Shaq and Kobe are taking the Pistons that lightly. This series is going to be allot closer than anyone other than those who know the Pistons thinks it's going to be.

im not saying it will be easy but they will win every game...game 3 will be the closest. sorry bout the name calling, im a bit passionate about my lakers:)

and kirk...im sorry but these playoffs have been pretty damn boring. Lakers spurs was the best series of the playoffs. Last few years have been better with the sac/dal lak/sac and lak/san series have been much better than this years series'. The east playoffs hasnt been good since jordan was around.

Also to prove a point...Detroit only deserves to be there cuz they are in the east...if they were in teh west they'd be as good as the nuggets...and woulda been bounced in the first round. And detroit doesnt suck...but they cant match up vs the lakers.