out of town perspective

Allreltney

I think Marv gets one more season. If we go any less than 10-6 or don't make the playoffs, he's toast.

I understand that our defense is banged up and there's been some unfortunate events that would make it hard on any coach in the NFL, but my brother-in-law from Detroit (who now resides in Cincy but still a huge Lions fan) made a good point. After watching several Marvin Lewis on camera interviews and appearances he said: "Why does Marvin always talk like this is a re-building team? You're not a rebuilding team, this is a playoff contending team"... I know this is one guys opinion, but I kinda think he's got a good point. After all Detroit has been rebuilding for probably over 20 years!

BTW original poster, my out-of-towner brother feels the same way you do. He thinks Marv should be replaced. Outside perspectives are a good thing, but like I said, Marv DESERVES another year.

Maybe he can wear one of those horribly ugly blazers that has an orange liner that they sell on the NFL.shop?

Perfect, he can wear it to games, then turn it inside out and deer hunt in it for about ten seasons. Then after he donates it to the Salvation Army, Mike Brown mysteriously shows up on game day wearing a "new" NFL approved jacket. That's for you Billie.

Maybe this is yet again where I think I saw something that (according to everyone) I didn't, but when DJ jumped offsides on that play, they panned to Marvin and it looked like he was going to throw someone a beating. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him lose his sh*t on someone every now and again. DO SOMETHING !!! That should be next years cool T-Shirt marvin gives to his players. On the front will be a picture of Marvin, Brat, and Bres with their hands up like "what" ? And on the back will be the words, "DO SOMETHING" !!!

WHODEY !!!

I saw the same thing. It looked like steam was coming out of Marvin's ears.

I agree that he's made some poor challenge decisions at times this year ....

The criticism for failing to challenge in the last game grinds on me. Madden and Michaels pretty much blasted Lewis for not challenging a call that they knew he wouldn't win, using the justification of...."ya' never know".

That's stupid. Why waste a timeout?

BTW, I was watching a Brown game earlier this season and the announcers noted that up to that point Romeo Crennel had lost 31 of 32 challenges. IMHO that's burning alot of timeouts just to find out the answer to..."ya' never know". That said, it served as a reminder of how often coaches challenge calls out of deperation, not because they have realistic hopes.

Maybe this is yet again where I think I saw something that (according to everyone) I didn't, but when DJ jumped offsides on that play, they panned to Marvin and it looked like he was going to throw someone a beating. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him lose his sh*t on someone every now and again. DO SOMETHING !!! That should be next years cool T-Shirt marvin gives to his players. On the front will be a picture of Marvin, Brat, and Bres with their hands up like "what" ? And on the back will be the words, "DO SOMETHING" !!

I saw the same thing. It looked like steam was coming out of Marvin's ears.

It looked more to me like smoke from the nylon gears stripping. Is it just me, or does there never seem to be any real effective adjustments that help the team play made at halftime? There were certainly zero made against Pittsburgh. We went right back to what wasn't working in the second quarter, and stuck right with it until the very bitter end.