Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

Hoosier, c'mon man, I'm one of the people that have defended Chad up and down, back and forth...

There were at least three times where the ball hit chad in the hands and he didn't come up with it. While I will give slack for the fact some of those balls hit his hands due to his athletic ability to even get to the ball to begin with, it wasn't always that way... There were two different occasions where the ball was overthrown (Carson's fault) and Chad got all pissy about it. Not temper tantrum pissy, but pissy nonetheless. My point is, most of it WAS Carson's fault, but Chad has to keep his composure, because when he loses his composure, he takes himself mentally out of games. I get sick of hearing that it's all because of his desire to win. Once again, don't get me wrong, I want Chad to be there, I want to see the pro bowler we all love so much, but he's not there and regardless of whos fault it is, he metally takes himself out of games...

WHODEY !!!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost this game in the first quarter when our offense failed to take advantage of turnovers / good field position. Carson and TJ were pathetic tonight - most of the blame is on them imo.

Unfortunately Chad, TJ and Carson do not seem to be able to rally the troops during crunch time. It is beginning to be a disturbing trend. Maybe some of it is the line play. Maybe some of it is the defense putting them in a hole. Or maybe poor coaching or playcalling, I don't know. But something is missing and this team has lost too many close games that should have had different outcomes.

That's the difference between a 6-10 team and one that is 10-6.

Hoosier, c'mon man, I'm one of the people that have defended Chad up and down, back and forth...

There were at least three times where the ball hit chad in the hands and he didn't come up with it. While I will give slack for the fact some of those balls hit his hands due to his athletic ability to even get to the ball to begin with, it wasn't always that way... There were two different occasions where the ball was overthrown (Carson's fault) and Chad got all pissy about it. Not temper tantrum pissy, but pissy nonetheless. My point is, most of it WAS Carson's fault, but Chad has to keep his composure, because when he loses his composure, he takes himself mentally out of games. I get sick of hearing that it's all because of his desire to win. Once again, don't get me wrong, I want Chad to be there, I want to see the pro bowler we all love so much, but he's not there and regardless of whos fault it is, he metally takes himself out of games...

WHODEY !!!

I'm with HC on this one. The fact that CJ jumped as high as he could to get a hand on a ball doesn't make it catchable. I don't recall any drops by CJ, but did see at least 1 by TJ, maybe 2. I didn't see CJ reacting, but I did see TJ and Carson get into it after one poor throw/bad route. The last offensive play of the game was pretty lame, but it was complete desperation time and s**t happens at that point. I, for one, wasn't expecting a score at that point because the offense generally was stalled and had already squandered numerous opportunities. Bottom line -- I don't get where this game made anybody any more upset with Chad -- he had a decent game when few other Bengals did.

We lost this game in the first quarter when our offense failed to take advantage of turnovers / good field position. Carson and TJ were pathetic tonight - most of the blame is on them imo.

Unfortunately Chad, TJ and Carson do not seem to be able to rally the troops during crunch time. It is beginning to be a disturbing trend. Maybe some of it is the line play. Maybe some of it is the defense putting them in a hole. Or maybe poor coaching or playcalling, I don't know. But something is missing and this team has lost too many close games that should have had different outcomes.

They're the Bengals, that's all. They are doing what they are supposed to be doing - losing and letting their fans down while an old man and his small family circle make lots of money. and for some reason people keep coming back thinking that things will be different at some point.

And with 3 more wins the Cardinals will leave our Bungals with sole posession of fewest winning seasons in the last 17 years (1).

They're the Bengals, that's all. They are doing what they are supposed to be doing - losing and letting their fans down while an old man and his small family circle make lots of money. and for some reason people keep coming back thinking that things will be different at some point.

And with 3 more wins the Cardinals will leave our Bungals with sole posession of fewest winning seasons in the last 17 years (1).

Can't argue with you on that one but as I have asked before why do you stick around? Why do you care and why haven't you moved on?

I wonder the same thing sometime why keep rooting for a team that dosnt know how to win and dosnt have the desire to win. Then again why even go and root for someone else when you have been rooting for the same team since the early 80's. Every year i say the same thing whatever happens happens and i have no control over what goes on so why sweet the small stuff. I just keep telling myself its just a game and anyone can win at some point and time so screw it ill stick around and see what happens and if they win they win if they lose they lose. Im done getting pissed anymore im done throwing things i cant changed this team so why should i get pissed off anymore.

All I can say is I've always considered Chad untouchable and I don't think he's still in that same category anymore...

WHODEY !!!

And a lot of fans coined and used the phrase "In Marvin we Trust" and now a fair number want him to be fired immediately. Losing will do that. The question is what will fix it. Reasonable minds can differ.

I personally don't look at Marvin and Chad in the same light. On one hand you have a coach who I think is at least trying to do the right thing and I will be more than willing to give him at least one more season. Chad on the other hand has been consistently immature and I'm just saying that I'm to a point that I'm wondering how much his immaturity is hurting not only his game, but the organization as a whole.

I say, "I'm wondering" because I don't know and have no issue stating that I don't know. However, based on the lack of focus and now having to worry about hurting his feelings, I no longer place Chad in the category of untouchable if we are going to talk about trades and ways to improve the overall production of this team.

WHODEY !!!