What an average town

raabeye

Im hard pressed to belive many other football towns would put up with this mess. So why do we?

Yes - you are correct - no other football towns would put up with a losing franchise...just Cincinnati.

You really didn't think that one through very well did you?

Your an idiot. I didnt say no other towns, I said many. San Francisco, Oakland, and St. Louis come to mind. **Edited by moderator**

Edited by Bengalszone Billy
A little over the line. Debate, but don't attack like that please.

Im hard pressed to belive many other football towns would put up with this mess. So why do we?

Yes - you are correct - no other football towns would put up with a losing franchise...just Cincinnati.

Your an idiot. I didnt say no other towns, I said many. San Francisco, Oakland, and St. Louis come to mind. *Edited By Moderator*

Your football memory doesn't seem to go back that far. the St. Louis Cardinals now play in Arizona ..... The 49ers were perrenial cellar dwellers to the point they overpaid and over the hill OJ Simpson to try to interject some fan interest ... if not offense .... and lastly "Oakland " was jokingly referred to as the California Raiders because they kept moving or trying to move all over the state.

You'd have been better off saying Los Angeles. They have a record of not supporting any sport team that doesn't stay in first place. Reference L.A. Rams ... now of St.Loius ...& L.A. Raiders ... currently back in Oakland.

B) just sayin ..that's all.

While I agree that the Fountain Square project turned out very well (I spent time on midtour there) I can't agree that the city has done enough with the Riverfront. Yes, restaurants would be a great addition and maybe some sports bar right there as well. I just feel like the city is missing out. Look at the revenue Newport is taking in due to its growth. Why can't Cincinnati do more of that ?? Now I have seen some of the new housing developments down there and am glad they are trying to fix some stuff up, but they could do so much more. That being said, I still can't wait to return to Cincinnati when I retire...

WHODEY !!!

Your an idiot. I didnt say no other towns, I said many. San Francisco, Oakland, and St. Louis come to mind. *Edited By Moderator*

Your football memory doesn't seem to go back that far. the St. Louis Cardinals now play in Arizona ..... The 49ers were perrenial cellar dwellers to the point they overpaid and over the hill OJ Simpson to try to interject some fan interest ... if not offense .... and lastly "Oakland " was jokingly referred to as the California Raiders because they kept moving or trying to move all over the state.

You'd have been better off saying Los Angeles. They have a record of not supporting any sport team that doesn't stay in first place. Reference L.A. Rams ... now of St.Loius ...& L.A. Raiders ... currently back in Oakland.

B) just sayin ..that's all.

Actually what i was referring to, with those three cities, is that they support their teams regardless of how their doing, kinda like us. You had it the other way around.

While I agree that the Fountain Square project turned out very well (I spent time on midtour there) I can't agree that the city has done enough with the Riverfront. Yes, restaurants would be a great addition and maybe some sports bar right there as well. I just feel like the city is missing out. Look at the revenue Newport is taking in due to its growth. Why can't Cincinnati do more of that ?? Now I have seen some of the new housing developments down there and am glad they are trying to fix some stuff up, but they could do so much more. That being said, I still can't wait to return to Cincinnati when I retire...

WHODEY !!!

when you get back i think you will surprised at downtown....theres pleanty of restaurnats, a good amount of nitelife, pleanty of things to do, condos and lofts popping up everywhere, and at any time day or nite there are people walking around having fun. Where they miss the boat is shopping sucks- tower place is a joke- and safety is still a concern. I hate Newport because they stole many of their ideas from Cincy- remember we were suppose to get Hofbrahaus and a aquarium at The Banks- but our beaucratic leadership sometimes does not always have the publics best intention in mind, but rather their own egos. Regardless the downtown has changed rapidly in the last few years, giving many of us hope hope of even better things to come.

Actualy I spent a bit of time downtown when I was home just last month and I can't say as I was all that impressed whatsoever. I will also have to disagree that there is a good nitelife. Hell, after the Monday night game against the Pats, people everywhere were walking around looking for a place to eat. Nothing to be found. Thank God for room service !!! If Newport did win out over Cincinnati with some of the things they got, that is exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to the City being able to do FAR more and just not doing it. I said it earlier and will say it again, I don't think much has changed... If it has, it's not in a way that would bring people to the city to do anything. Did the housing need to get better ?? Yes. Have things been cleaned up ?? Yes. Does anything they have done make people say, "Boy I can't wait to go to Cincinnati ?" NO...

Once again, people FROM Cincinnati, love Cincinnati... The people who aren't FROM Cincinnati don't look at it as a great place to go to... I compare it to wanting to go to Detroit. I imagine people FROM Detroit think the city is great. Me personally will be happy if I never have to go back to that city for the remainder of my life...

WHODEY !!!

Your an idiot. I didnt say no other towns, I said many. San Francisco, Oakland, and St. Louis come to mind. **Edited by moderator**

My point is that we aren't dealing with anything unique in Cincinnati. Franchises have their ups and downs. There are lots of mediocre owners and there are lots of desparate fanbases that can't do anything but jump on a message board and voice their frustrations.

That being said, I'm really not sure what you are suggesting the fans do to change things. Are you going to organize a boycott? How about everyone leave at halftime in protest? Or maybe you could get a lawyer to sue MB for not fielding a competitive team?

Finally, your original rant was unique but not especially earth-shattering. Fire Marvin, all the Marvin supporters are average people, people all over the world think Cincinnati is a joke because the Bengals are a mediocre franchise, I travel 200 days a year. Wow - thanks - can't wait for you to post another topic.

Ok, I digress and should have been more specific...

People who aren't FROM Cincinnati and (Don't come from smaller cities) don't look at it as a great place to go to.

I do however get your point, but will say even the ones who do come here to see a game or whathaveyou, don't end up living in Cincinnati...

My whole point is, I love Cincinnati and want to see it be the best that it can be and realize it's riverfront potential and others just see it the same way...

WHODEY !!!

Ok, I digress and should have been more specific...

People who aren't FROM Cincinnati and (Don't come from smaller cities) don't look at it as a great place to go to.

I do however get your point, but will say even the ones who do come here to see a game or whathaveyou, don't end up living in Cincinnati...

My whole point is, I love Cincinnati and want to see it be the best that it can be and realize it's riverfront potential and others just don't see it the same way...

WHODEY !!!

Actualy I spent a bit of time downtown when I was home just last month and I can't say as I was all that impressed whatsoever. I will also have to disagree that there is a good nitelife. Hell, after the Monday night game against the Pats, people everywhere were walking around looking for a place to eat. Nothing to be found. Thank God for room service !!! If Newport did win out over Cincinnati with some of the things they got, that is exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to the City being able to do FAR more and just not doing it. I said it earlier and will say it again, I don't think much has changed... If it has, it's not in a way that would bring people to the city to do anything. Did the housing need to get better ?? Yes. Have things been cleaned up ?? Yes. Does anything they have done make people say, "Boy I can't wait to go to Cincinnati ?" NO...

Once again, people FROM Cincinnati, love Cincinnati... The people who aren't FROM Cincinnati don't look at it as a great place to go to... I compare it to wanting to go to Detroit. I imagine people FROM Detroit think the city is great. Me personally will be happy if I never have to go back to that city for the remainder of my life...

WHODEY !!!

I feel the same way about Pissburgh...and Pissburghers feel the same way about Cincinnati. But have had a fun time.....many times, in CLeveland. Imagine that??? Even going up for a few battles of Ohio over the years.

Personally I will be happy if I never have to go back to that city for the remainder of my life...Pissburgh that is.

Have to go to Akron/Cleveland due to hubby. So it's all good. :o)

Nice to see the same argument with the same person is being had in two different threads...

I'm about to sound the TROLL alert on this one !!!

WHODEY !!!

I think I was the first to make the correct call on this guy !!! Usually Ox or one of the other guys gets it right off the bat... Or maybe, this was the beginning of the end... Anyway...

WHODEY !!!

The people who aren't FROM Cincinnati don't look at it as a great place to go to...

Can't agree here, Mark. I lived in Dayton for 38 years of my life, and every single time in my life that I went to the 'Nati...

I had big, BIG FUN!!

Cant agree here at all, I'm not from Cincy and love to go there for Reds and Bengals games. The Labor day fireworks show is awesome and I always have a great time when in town. My cousin was married on a boat on the River and the reception was an evening cruise through town, what a beautiful city.

I was in Detroit for the 2005 game when the Bengals clinched the AFCN title and it looked as if it had been bombed in the 1980's and not much cleanup had occurred other than the new stadiums.

Vacationed in Pittsburgh during summer of 2005, downtown was OK. The surrounding area was rough to say the least, but overall enjoyed my time at park where the three rivers meet and at Kennywood. We went because of the old wooden out and back rollercoasters at Kennywood and I would go back before I would go to King's Island or Cedar Point again, because of the smaller lines and wait times.