SEASON OFFICIALLY OVER

schnarfer

Its painful to admit this in mid november but, Bengals officaly ended any chance of the post season with todays loss...I know it was a huge stretch for them to make the playoffs anyways but it just stings knowing that the nail is in the coffin. Here is hoping we dont have anymore injuries and get high draft picks!!!

Its painful to admit this in mid november but, Bengals officaly ended any chance of the post season with todays loss...I know it was a huge stretch for them to make the playoffs anyways but it just stings knowing that the nail is in the coffin. Here is hoping we dont have anymore injuries and get high draft picks!!!

Very true. Right now, as painful as it is to say, I wouldn't mind them losing the rest of their games to get a top 5 pick.

Like stated before, they will probably still win enough to take them out of the hunt for one of the top tier defensive players in the draft.

WHODEY !!!

Well, I don't know about that. They play the Titans and Pittsburgh next, figure 3-9. Finish with Rams, 49'ers, Browns and Miami.

This will be a race to the bottom. Normally I'd say the Bengals could finish their last 4 games 3-1 but not now. I think 5-11 is the absolute best to hope but 4-12 is the most likely. Either should get a very good 1st round pick. But what good will it do?

This will be a race to the bottom. Normally I'd say the Bengals could finish their last 4 games 3-1 but not now. I think 5-11 is the absolute best to hope but 4-12 is the most likely. Either should get a very good 1st round pick. But what good will it do?

I agree. I don't really give a crap about the draft right now because a good draft pick isn't going to fix everything.

I don't know, I'm getting more and more excited about the upcoming draft with each week that goes by !!! If things shake out and we have a top 5 pick in each round coupled with the comp picks, we should be able to fill almost all of our needs. Granted, it won't be an immediate impact, but it sure as hell can't hurt. Can it ?? If it can, then we are more f*cked than I thought !!!

Then again, I was one of the members here thinking there was no way we wouldn't win 10 games this year. Here I am to admit I've never been more wrong about this Bengals team !!! This is a sad day and I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but I WAS WRONG !!! Sorry for all the barbs I threw in the direction of those who were right !!!

WHODEY !!!

The patriots are making it really easy to give up on the season. Normally when you have a decent team struggling for the playoffs you think anything can happen. I'm 100% sure the Pats go undefeated and take it all this season. A 10-6 and a 3-13 team are no different in my eyes. Pats take it all. Easily. Let's jsut get ready for next season.

But, Ofcourse being the Bengals fan I am I'm still gonna root for them every week. I can't root against them just for a draft pick. Seems logical, but I just can't get myself to do it.

Very true. Right now, as painful as it is to say, I wouldn't mind them losing the rest of their games to get a top 5 pick.

:huh:

Also dont forget, heres hoping Marvin quits, while he has any dignity left.

Marvin should only quit so he can go to greener pastures,But I still stick by he's not the problem.

PS, :(

As a titans fan, we had this debate several times in the last few years.

My stance has always been, you should never want your team to lose for a draft pick. Besides the whole debate on cost/value of the really high picks, I just don't think that you should ever root against your team. It's against everything that I believe in being important about being a fan. You should want your team to be good enough or at least proud enough of itself to not give up, and to consider every game meaningful.

I know that I felt a heck of a lot better about the titans at 8-8 last year than with 4 and 5 wins the two years before. Identity, and maturity are built in losing or middle seasons.

As a titans fan, we had this debate several times in the last few years.

My stance has always been, you should never want your team to lose for a draft pick. Besides the whole debate on cost/value of the really high picks, I just don't think that you should ever root against your team. It's against everything that I believe in being important about being a fan. You should want your team to be good enough or at least proud enough of itself to not give up, and to consider every game meaningful.

I know that I felt a heck of a lot better about the titans at 8-8 last year than with 4 and 5 wins the two years before. Identity, and maturity are built in losing or middle seasons.

Bro, we appreciate your insight. Seriously. But you have no clue what you are talking about. First, no matter what we as fans say or do, the Bengals will play to win every week. Now we have the right to hope that they get a high draft pick. Why you ask? We have been through this MANY times before, during the 90's before Tennessee had a team, and into 2003-2007 where we've had 3 8-8 teams. Season's that end with momentum equal NO change with the current owner we have. Ever heard of Mike Brown? Yeah, give this guy confidence things will continue to improve with little change in the offseason and he will do excatly that. So even though I will pull for them to win (I can't force myself to do anything else) I would like to see them end up with a HIGH draft pick. Say maybe Glen Dorsey?

That statement is ridiculous. Getting bested in an honest competition doesn’t remove your dignity. Do you believe that every coach of every team that finishes under .500 should be fired? Every year? Thus 13-15 coaches a year need fired because they have lost their dignity? We're having a tough year in a very competitive league. End of story.

Marvin quitting would jsut make things worse. I say keep him and clean house in uppermanagement and get rid of the OC and DC. Redzone inefficientcy and a s**ty defense has killed this team.

That's much more probable than Marvin resigning or being canned.