Chick Ludwig v. Marvin Lewis

mgilgris

No problem Skyline... For those who are going to get their panties in a bunch over being called "fair weathered", "Fickle" is a fine substitute !!!

WHODEY !!!

I guess I would like to know you definition of a 'fair weathered fan'. To me a 'fair weathered fan' is only around when a particular team is winning. The fact that somebody cares enough to be on this board criticizing his / her team is evidence that they are not a 'fair weathered fan'. The ' fair weathered fan' has already gone and moved on to the next thing.

No problem Skyline... For those who are going to get their panties in a bunch over being called "fair weathered", "Fickle" is a fine substitute !!!

WHODEY !!!

I guess I would like to know you definition of a 'fair weathered fan'. To me a 'fair weathered fan' is only around when a particular team is winning. The fact that somebody cares enough to be on this board criticizing his / her team is evidence that they are not a 'fair weathered fan'. The ' fair weathered fan' has already gone and moved on to the next thing.

Good point. A 'fair weathered fan' would either switch alligences to a winning team, or quit caring altogether.

Definition of fickle:

marked by lack of steadfastness, constancy, or stability : given to erratic changeableness

In other words...happy as a clam with everything one day, but the next day cursing the very things they were praising to begin with.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have been steadfast in voicing my unhappiness with this team since their dreadful preseason performance when I could see the team (especially the defense) unraveling at the seams. Sure, there were some "Chicken Little" and "It's only preseason" comments, but I saw a bad year coming then, and a hate to say I think it will continue. If you really think about it, this whole unraveling thing started late last season, but it was then I chose to be optimistic and think next year will be better. It's week 11 of the 2007 season and it's clearly not.

Personally I think the Bengals will be lucky to finish 6-10. I wish it wasn't so, but it is what it is. For me to just stop believing what my eyes are seeing on the field, and change my opinion that Marvin Lewis has lost whatever magic he had on this team and begin to support what my heart doesn't feel just ain't me. A blind Homer I'll never be. I hope nobody else is either.

steviesimpsonnw4.jpg

That being said, I love the Bengals. Always have since their birth in 1968 and always will. That doesn't mean I have to love Mike Brown, or any of the coaches. I give head coach Marvin Lewis credit for how far he's brought the team, but in the past few years he has only hindered himself with some questionable decisions as far as his coaching staff, and numerous high risk draft choices.

It's these very decisions that also makes me wonder...is Mike Brown still calling some of the shots under the guise of Marvin Lewis? Hard to say. I hope not, but they way anyone in the front office (Marvin included) bristles like a junkyard dog when the media mentions a General Manager for the Bengals, and I begin to wonder why. Do I think Cincinnati needs a GM? Absolutely. It might be exactly what Marvin Lewis needs to help him focus the staff and his team. Do I think it will ever happen? Absolutely not. Not as long as Mike Brown signs the checks.

In short, win or lose I'm with them, but if I perceive someone f**king up, they're gonna hear about it. All Mike and Marvin have to do to stop the bitchin' is get the team to preform to expectations, and needless to say they have a long way to go until that happens. When it does, I'll be happy to get off their collective backs. So call me fickle if you want, just don't call me late for dinner. ;)

The statements made are not directed at everyone... There is a saying that goes, "If the shoe fits, wear that motherf*ker" !!! In other words (And directly what I was referring to) if you were one of the ones who LOVED how Marvin handled the media, because you thought it was cool how he was so non to the point at the beginning and now you think he's an assh*le for it, you are who I'm talking to !!! If not, let it roll and move on to the next thread.

WHODEY !!!

The statements made are not directed at everyone... There is a saying that goes, "If the shoe fits, wear that motherf*ker" !!! In other words (And directly what I was referring to) if you were one of the ones who LOVED how Marvin handled the media, because you thought it was cool how he was so non to the point at the beginning and now you think he's an assh*le for it, you are who I'm talking to !!! If not, let it roll and move on to the next thread.

WHODEY !!!

O.K., but just don't question my fanhood in front of the ladies...

I'm not crazy about the wording of Ludwig's questions, but it is refreshing to hear someone

ask a question about the poor state of this team. Marvin has ridden a flukey 11-5 season further

than anyone should.

His reputation as a defensive guru coming here has proven to be false. It appears he got lucky

with some of the players he was given to work with at Baltimore and Washington. His teams are below average

here year after year. How long should we put up with it without complaint?

Ludwig obviously can't step on the field. For some here to call him a "pencil neck" is ludicrous and has no merit.

What ?? Carson threw 4 INT's and 2 were returned for TD's by the Arizona defense ??

D*MN YOU MARVIN LEWIS !!! D*MN YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHODEY !!!

You're probably much better at patching up wounded soldiers than playing tongue in cheek. ^_^

I'm not crazy about the wording of Ludwig's questions, but it is refreshing to hear someone

ask a question about the poor state of this team. Marvin has ridden a flukey 11-5 season further

than anyone should.

His reputation as a defensive guru coming here has proven to be false. It appears he got lucky

with some of the players he was given to work with at Baltimore and Washington. His teams are below average

here year after year. How long should we put up with it without complaint?

Ludwig obviously can't step on the field. For some here to call him a "pencil neck" is ludicrous and has no merit.

To be fair, I wasn't suggesting that part of ML's job doesn't include PR. High compensation/high profile positions will always include publicly accountability and I'm sure Marvin isn't surprised that he's a punching bag right now. My point was that Chick wasn't asking well thought out - earth shattering questions. They were pretty obvious and boring questions that every other journalist, reporter, or WLW caller has been asking - nothing refreshing about the question at all. He asked the question to get a rise out of Marvin - not to get information. Marvin obliged him. Chick ended up looking like a pencil neck douchebag reporter and Marvin ended up looking like an anxious, pissed, and frustrated head coach of a team that is in the gutter...

By the way...check out a picture of Chick. "Pencil neck" has quite a bit of merit!!

Not sure if you guys heard it, but finally a reporter not afraid of getting black balled by the team stepped up and shot back at one of Marvins not so quick witted comments.

Dont get me wrong, I still root for Marvin, and hope he can turn it back around, but there is nothing worse than him in a press conference making excuses and telling the fans how dumb they are.

Good work Chick.

If you want to hear it check out lance's blog

http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html

I cant believe how many marvin supporters there are. For such an avergae guy you all treat dude like hes some sort of savior. I am guessing you also live average lives, with average wives, and have an average job making an average wage, and your completely cool with that too. This city and its fans are very disappointing. I think its about time someone took Marvin to task. Folks hes an OK coach, who has done a good job of getting this team out of the gutter. But he will never lead us to the super bowl.

Not sure if you guys heard it, but finally a reporter not afraid of getting black balled by the team stepped up and shot back at one of Marvins not so quick witted comments.

Dont get me wrong, I still root for Marvin, and hope he can turn it back around, but there is nothing worse than him in a press conference making excuses and telling the fans how dumb they are.

Good work Chick.

I cant believe how many marvin supporters there are. I am guessing you all live average lives, with average wives, and have an average job making an average wage. This city and its fans are very disappointing. I think its about time someone took Marvin to task. Folks hes an OK coach, who has done a good job of getting this team out of the gutter. But he will never lead us to the super bowl.

you're outta line with that comment......me liking Coach Lewis has NOTHING to do with my demographic status.

This season is in the tank, but he still gets a pass from me. Call it one black man supporting another black man, or call it whatever.

I am guessing you're a pompous, condescending jerk who hasn't been heard from on this board until now.

I cant believe how many marvin supporters there are. I am guessing you all live average lives, with average wives, and have an average job making an average wage. This city and its fans are very disappointing. I think its about time someone took Marvin to task. Folks hes an OK coach, who has done a good job of getting this team out of the gutter. But he will never lead us to the super bowl.

Brilliant psychoanalysis, Dr Freud.

Thanks for taking the time to enlighten all of us dumb pathetic sheep.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my average life.

Good work Chick.

Holy hell, I guess I'm going to have to let Mrs. ArmyBengal know that she is just average while raising our one year old by herself and God knows being a Soldier currently fighting for his Country is certainly average. Wow, if you are truly a Bengals fan, you certainly have my vote as the worst member this board since I have been here and that is saying a lot. Might I suggest you rethink your statement and here's to hoping my average wishes for you to have a good day are heard...

WHODEY !!!

Good work Chick.

Holy hell, I guess I'm going to have to let Mrs. ArmyBengal know that she is just average while raising our one year old by herself and God knows being a Soldier currently fighting for his Country is certainly average. Wow, if you are truly a Bengals fan, you certainly have my vote as the worst member this board since I have been here and that is saying a lot. Might I suggest you rethink your statement and here's to hoping my average wishes for you to have a good day are heard...

WHODEY !!!

Thank you for your service. I too have had friends stationed in Iraq, Afghanistan (Bagram AFB) and Kuwait. Glad to see you have internet access and time- none of my buddies were able to moderate football message boards. Be safe.

Good work Chick.

you're outta line with that comment......me liking Coach Lewis has NOTHING to do with my demographic status.

This season is in the tank, but he still gets a pass from me. Call it one black man supporting another black man, or call it whatever.

I am guessing you're a pompous, condescending jerk who hasn't been heard from on this board until now.

So your calling me a racist? Because I want the tem to win? Are you serious? FYI I totally admire the job Tomlin has done in Pittsburgh, and wish we had him hear instead of Marvin. Marvin should have been fired last year after the team tanked down the stretch. But getting Tomlin hear would have assumed the Brown family is capable of making a wise and intelligent choice, which is unlikely. And your right, you liking Lewis has little to do with your demographic, but it does prove your not educated.

So now not only does supporting Marvin Lewis mean us, our wives, our jobs, and everything about us are average, but now we are uneducated as well ??

I didn't realize my opinion of one person could have such a negative impact on my life !!!

As for me having time, it wasn't always this way and for the longest, we didn't have internet or even bathrooms for that matter. That being said, I MAKE time to support my team and try to rid this site of stupidity...

WHODEY !!!

Good work Chick.

So your calling me a racist? Because I want the tem to win? Are you serious? FYI I totally admire the job Tomlin has done in Pittsburgh, and wish we had him hear instead of Marvin. Marvin should have been fired last year after the team tanked down the stretch. But getting Tomlin hear would have assumed the Brown family is capable of making a wise and intelligent choice, which is unlikely. And your right, you liking Lewis has little to do with your demographic, but it does prove your not educated.

I'm not educated?

Are you serious?

Your comprehension skills are lacking.

re-read my post.....how you even inferred I was calling you a racist is beyond me.

I AM A BLACK MAN. I AM SUPPORTING MARVIN LEWIS WHO IS ANOTHER BLACK MAN.

What part of that post mentions ANYTHING about you being a racist?

I think it's comical that you managed to paint nearly everyone on this board with one broad stroke then get offended when you think I called you a racist.

...this response was very below average

...below average spelling and grammar

...below average critical thinking

...below average comprehension

you must be a bengals fan!!

wait a minute...CHICK? Is that you?!?!

I didn't even write that.

I didn't even write that.

I know you didn't - sorry. I screwed up my quotes! I guess you could say I have below average message board skills...