What a difference Chris Henry makes

schnarfer

We've spent two weeks shreading this guy for what? Two sources:

1) A valet who said that he was an a**h*** and called the cops

2) The news media

I'm not saying he isn't a jerk but this is rediculous. There are a lot of folks who are ready to send this guy to Siberia but none of them (I'm guessing) was actually in the parking lot that night. If everyone got this much attention and scrutiny for being a dick the unemployment rate in the US would be triple what it is now.

I can deal with him as a number 3....No more funny business though.

the thing with the parking attendant sounds like something my grandmother would do after a few gin and tonics...NO charges were filed! You are making too much out of it....Sounds like that deal a while back in N. KY where they tried to pin the fighting with the teenager on Henry and his SUV....

It appears that this offense relies on a 3rd receiver. It's hard to have 3 good receivers, but the fact that Henry is that 3rd guy sucks. You can totally see a difference in this offense with Henry in there. This guy is getting in fights with parking lot employee's? After all of the trouble he has been in? That is stupid. He is a dumb guy. That's it. After the Bengals finish this horrible 7-9 season a 3rd receiver must be addressed. Not in the draft of course. They need to save their draft for defense. Free-Agent wide receiver.

I agree with that 100%. I don't think you can get any sort of trade for him with his history. It was foreign territory for me watching the game this week. This last little blurb in the paper about how he still hasn't gotten the memo on how to act in society really has turned me off to him and his future in Cincy. I was wanting him back on the field so bad for the last 8 weeks, and then the Newport parking attendant news has changed every one of those feelings. It's weird, but whatever this last story triggered in my feelings towards him, it is most definately triggered now, and I don't want him on the team, and I don't want him to succeed at all. I don't know if it is the fact that he was trying to get out of paying a measly 5 bucks when he's got all that money, or his berating a person trying to just do their minimum wage job, or the fact that in the smallest hint of adversity (somebody calling him out that he has to pay for parking like everyone else does) that he reacts by "keeping it real" and acting like an a-hole, i.e., he hasn't learned a damn thing. I still don't believe he will make it through the second half of the season without another off the field incident, but only time will tell. I obviously want the Bengals to win, but I find myself rooting for Henry to have a career ending injury every play he's out there. That's sad, but it's honestly how I feel.

I would say this offense needs a 3rd *something*. Could be a great 3rd WR, could be a pass catching TE, could be, I don't know...a running game?!?! I think the offense would still be pretty danged good with Chad, TJ, and a functional running game. But the fact that the offensive line can't open holes for the RBs means that we basically have to have 3 Pro Bowl caliber receivers to have any kind of offense.

So yeah, it was pretty nice to see Henry back. And you will not see a receiver as talented as Henry as a WR. FA WRs are usually on the level of Chatman. So for now, our offense lives and dies with Chris Henry, unless and until our joke of an offensive line starts blocking.

I made the comment to Mrs. ArmyBengal just yesterday that if I were to get into trouble for everyone I've ever told to F*CK OFF, I'd be serving a life sentence. That being said, I've never waived a weapon at a law enforcement officer either. Anyway around, I'm glad his dumbass is back on the field !!! Oh yeah, Henry is not your everyday #3 WR either... Who was it on the roster that made us say, "Henry who??" That's right, NO ONE !!! People had 8 weeks to take the mans job and there he was, his first game back, leading the team in receiving yards... Sounds like the Bengals offense is going to rely on that #3 WR pretty much in the upcoming weeks...

WHODEY !!!

No, it's just that he's managed to screw up, what, something like 6 or 8 times in 2 years?

Nope, but if you listen to the national media it sure seems like he's been busted about a dozen times over a dozen year period.

His actual crime spree lasted 6 months, not two years. It consisted of 4 arrests, not 6 or 8.

Not that 4 arrests in 6 months isn't noteworthy. But the national media for a while loved to proclaim the Bengals have had this amount of arrests over this amount of time, blah blah blah. Now it's easy to just credit all those arrests to Chris Henry.

POSTSCRIPT - After his last arrest on 6/14/06, Chris Henry has passed every drug test given by the

NFL and his various probation officers. He has not committed any crimes or been arrested. He has

suffered through and complied with the terms of two separate suspensions from his employment. He

has withstood a variety of false accusations. In short, Chris Henry has endured intense scrutiny for the

last 17 months.

So when he says, "Just being away from something I love to do, it hurt. It taught me a lesson, though. I don't have any time for any bull. I have to walk a straight line and do everything right, " (today's Columbus Dispatch) it give me hope that maybe, just maybe, Chris Henry has grown up some.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/conte...N8.html?sid=101

So when he says, "Just being away from something I love to do, it hurt. It taught me a lesson, though. I don't have any time for any bull. I have to walk a straight line and do everything right, " (today's Columbus Dispatch) it give me hope that maybe, just maybe, Chris Henry has grown up some.

He's no alterboy but everyone seems to scrutinize him like he's applying for a job at the CIA.

But, really, now. Look on the bright side...

...with his latest altercation, HE DID NOT GET ARRESTED or CHARGED!

That certainly shows signs of improvement!

:lmao:

I think the only rational way to deal with Chris Henry is the same way alcoholics deal with their alcoholism. One day at a time.

I made the comment to Mrs. ArmyBengal just yesterday that if I were to get into trouble for everyone I've ever told to F*CK OFF, I'd be serving a life sentence. That being said, I've never waived a weapon at a law enforcement officer either. Anyway around, I'm glad his dumbass is back on the field !!! Oh yeah, Henry is not your everyday #3 WR either... Who was it on the roster that made us say, "Henry who??" That's right, NO ONE !!! People had 8 weeks to take the mans job and there he was, his first game back, leading the team in receiving yards... Sounds like the Bengals offense is going to rely on that #3 WR pretty much in the upcoming weeks...

WHODEY !!!

That's slander! He didn't waive it AT a police officer, he waived it IN FRONT of a police officer... Very different man. Either way, he is lucky that he didn't get shot, lol. Good thing for the Bengals though.

Correct Scooter. With Henry, it is an elite offense.

If he isn't suspended, they have at least two more wins at this point. Maybe three.

Hope he has figured that out and stays out of trouble moving forward. The sky is the limit for this offense when he is around.

It's interesting to look at Henry's presence v. absence in the light of tonight's Indy/SD game. W/o Harrison, Indy is struggling to move the ball.

Without a good catching TE that third receiver is very important.

I agree.