The Official Bengals @ Bills game thread

BengalszoneBilly

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word whether NFL.com will have their free streaming audio today. I am in St louis and unable to watch it at a bar???

As far as I know sir, NFL.com has never offered free anything in relation to their games except NFL.coms gameday, which IMHO is better utilized through CBS Sportsline.com. I hope I'm wrong, and you do find live and free audio. :sure:

No your right, last weekend they allowed the live streaming audio free which was nice. I love the bengals to a fault, but I am not about to pay to listen to the games when they are doing this bad for one weekend.

Game Predictions:

Lynch has over 100 rushing

Evans has 85 yards receiving

Chad has aweful game

Running game shows up and saves us

Marvin loses one maybe two challenges

Leon Hall gets burnt multiple times by Evans

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6417

Thornton out; Watson starts

By GEOFF HOBSON

November 4, 2007

Read Comments (8) | Post a Comment

Updated: 11:55 a.m.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - Defensive tackle John Thornton missed just his second game in 72 as a Bengal Sunday when he didn't dress and backup Michael Myers got his first start in Cincinnati and 65th of his NFL career.

Thornton injured his neck last Sunday against Pittsburgh and came back to practice Friday but apparently didn't pass muster during pregame warmups.

Even with Rudi Johnson active, Kenny Watson got his fifth straight start at running back. But with Watson coming off a concussion against the Steelers and Johnson dressing for the first time since his hamstring tightened Oct. 14 in Kansas City, the Bengals figure to rotate them.

The Bengals also deactivated punt returner Skyler Green after he has returned all nine punts this year and wide receiver Antonio Chatman is expected to replace him.

It also means that wide receiver Marcus Maxwell dresses for the first time and should see extensive duty in a game that figures to be decided in large part by special teams.

The Bengals are trying to infuse the NFL's worst punt return against the league's best. Green has more fair catches (10) than returns and has a 4.2-yard average compared to the Bills' Roscoe Parrish's 21-yard average. The Bengals also need to cover dangerous kick return man Terrence McGee, the cornerback who has five career touchdowns with the most recent one coming against Dallas last month.

The one before that came against the Bengals in Buffalo's Christmas Eve 2005 upset in Paul Brown Stadium, a miserable day for special teams coach Darrin Simmons.

Simmons, one of the more superstitious men in the NFL, dreaded the game even before head coach Marvin Lewis decided to introduce the special teams during pregame for the first time that season. It came almost a year to the day that Bills tackle Jason Peters fueled another Buffalo victory at PBS when he blocked a punt in the end zone.

"He definitely has his routines," said safety John Busing of Simmons. "He's thorough. ... It's the kind of game where we have to be disciplined and stay in our lanes."

Also inactive for the Bengals were right tackle Willie Anderson, middle linebackers Ahmad Brooks and Caleb Miller, cornerback David Jones and offensive lineman Dan Santucci.

Stole this from Oldschooler.. for those of you who want to listen online.

Link for streaming audio . . .

http://www.thegamelive.com/footballnfl.html#cin

I used WLAP 630 AM last week. Here is a direct link . . .

http://wlap.com/cc-common/streaming_new/in...l?refreshed=yes

Gotta wonder about Jospeh...is the foot healed? He is slower than he was last year. I mean, he looks like Kiewann out there. And WTF is Williams doing? If he cannot manage his assignments, PUT SOMEONE ELSE IN!!!!!!

ML needs to get tough with these babies. You f**k up, you ride the bench.