Pittsburgh - the inside scoop - 2007 Game 1

duus

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, do I wish I had the audio file of Madden's interview with former Steeler Mike Logan.

Let me give you some of what has been said by Logan:

"Carson Palmer is over-rated."

"TJ is a better receiver than Chad." (but he went on to say how much he hated TJ because of his 'attitude' and 'arrogance' on the field)

He talked about how the team was actually "happy" when Palmer went down with the knee injury. He talked about how great Palmer was back then and when he went down they were "happy" (his word, not mine) because you could see them lose confidence.

He went on to also talk about how it is important to "punch them in the mouth" because they (especially Chad) get frustrated and start arguing amongst themselves.

He also seemed to be concerned that Tomlin is showing signs of trying to move the defense to the Tampa Two. He was outspoken that that is not Polomalu's game. That he likes to get up on the line, but the Tampa Two forces him back into the field.

Also, he claimed that Palmer is no longer the player he once was (since the injury). He said that if you get just a little pressure on him, he "stiffens-up" (again, his words) and noticeably does not have the confidence. He claimed that Carson has lost a lot of confidence and is obviously still concerned about his knee.

Talk about arrogance did you hear how many times he reffered to the Bengals as the Bungals?? Show some class, c'mon you arent playing anymore.

Talk about arrogance did you hear how many times he reffered to the Bengals as the Bungals?? Show some class, c'mon you arent playing anymore.

Yeah, that interview completely frustrated me. The again, all it does is validate my long-standing statement that Pittsburghers inherently belittle and put-down everyone that is not associated with Western Pennsylvania. This is why I will always say they are by far the most arrogant, obnoxious, disrespectful punks around. I've often commented how it is more than curious their fans (Mike Logan included) use derogatory terms to refer to other teams ... and they honestly do not even think about it anymore. It's like they think it is a birthright to poke fun and spit on all things not Western PA. If you've ever struggled with the concept of human evolution, just spend a little time in Pittsburgh. The lower life forms will leave you convinced.

Man, do I wish I had the audio file of Madden's interview with former Steeler Mike Logan.

"TJ is a better receiver than Chad." (but he went on to say how much he hated TJ because of his 'attitude' and 'arrogance' on the field)

He talked about how the team was actually "happy" when Palmer went down with the knee injury. He talked about how great Palmer was back then and when he went down they were "happy" (his word, not mine) because you could see them lose confidence.

He went on to also talk about how it is important to "punch them in the mouth" because they (especially Chad) get frustrated and start arguing amongst themselves.

He also seemed to be concerned that Tomlin is showing signs of trying to move the defense to the Tampa Two. He was outspoken that that is not Polomalu's game. That he likes to get up on the line, but the Tampa Two forces him back into the field.

Also, he claimed that Palmer is no longer the player he once was (since the injury). He said that if you get just a little pressure on him, he "stiffens-up" (again, his words) and noticeably does not have the confidence. He claimed that Carson has lost a lot of confidence and is obviously still concerned about his knee.

Perfect example of how the media is a reflection, or maybe in this case enables the fans. I mean who in the hell has an interview like this? Steeler fans complain about the Bengal fans and their media says sh*t like this????

I live in New York and listen to Mike and the Mad Dog, 880 The Fan talk shows, etc......and even in New York this would be rude and unacceptable.

Let's crush these f**kers Sunday and take joy in hearing them make excuses for the loss.....

WHO DEY!!!!!

Perfect example of how the media is a reflection, or maybe in this case enables the fans. I mean who in the hell has an interview like this? Steeler fans complain about the Bengal fans and their media says sh*t like this????

I live in New York and listen to Mike and the Mad Dog, 880 The Fan talk shows, etc......and even in New York this would be rude and unacceptable.

Let's crush these f**kers Sunday and take joy in hearing them make excuses for the loss.....

WHO DEY!!!!!

Not to be a jerk , but WFAN is 660, but yes here it would be totally unacceptable, maybe becacuse the teams issue a "gag" order around here because of the media frenzy that is NY.

i dont know about you but I cant stand Chris Russo( Mad Dog)... maybe cause he hates the Yankees.... sorry i assume a lot of my Bengal bretheren hate the Yanks, but as a yanks fan( sorry) he just seems obnoxious to me..... maybe its the yelling.

Yeah, it is 660. I just got here in January and all I know is 700 and 1530...thanks man!

I understand the dislike of the Maddog but I've noticed here with baseball it's all or nothing with the Yanks and Mets....and damn this town is passionate about baseball in general so you're going to have that outward dislike of teams and especially with the Yankees because they are always so good.

Yeah, it is 660. I just got here in January and all I know is 700 and 1530...thanks man!

I understand the dislike of the Maddog but I've noticed here with baseball it's all or nothing with the Yanks and Mets....and damn this town is passionate about baseball in general so you're going to have that outward dislike of teams and especially with the Yankees because they are always so good.

How long have you been here? You know the Bengals play the Giants next season at The Meadowlands. Maybe Ill see you there.

How long have you been here? You know the Bengals play the Giants next season at The Meadowlands. Maybe Ill see you there.

I've been in NY for 9 months. I will definately be at the Meadowlands for the Giants-Bengals game next year. How do you know they are playing in NY and not in Cincy?

I've been in NY for 9 months. I will definately be at the Meadowlands for the Giants-Bengals game next year. How do you know they are playing in NY and not in Cincy?

Schedule Rotation

They played in Cincinnati the last time they played in '04 ... in '08 it will be away.

I also got it off of bengals.com When you click on schedule you the click on schedule rotation.