No TD Celebration

Jet23

Did anyone else catch Mike & Mike this morning? Apparently, CJ has stated that he will no longer do a TD celebration as long as the Bengals are below .500.

I agree with Golic, just do it. Why does he have to announce it? I believe it is a positive step though. IMO he is feeling the media heat just a bit. I would love to see them circle the wagons. If they can get healthy and all pull in the right direction, who knows what they can do with the remaining schedule.

I hope this is a way of stepping up. Good move on Chad's part. Just play football and shut the hell up.

These two teams (KC and NYJets) are the teams that got your playoff spot last year. You would think that would be motivation enough and they would play pissed off a little bit but the only one with fire in their belly seems to be Carson and TJ.

Someone on defense needs to step up and make a statement this weekend.

I hope this is a way of stepping up. Good move on Chad's part. Just play football and shut the hell up.

These two teams (KC and NYJets) are the teams that got your playoff spot last year. You would think that would be motivation enough and they would play pissed off a little bit but the only one with fire in their belly seems to be Carson and TJ.

no offense to you but just fans with your attitude. Just support your team of choice and players of choice and shut the hell up.

now the reason i say this is that cincinnatti fans are quick as hell to put the blame on cpecific players all the time for poor seasons. AND TRUST me CHAD JOHNSON is not the player on the team the fans should blame for the bengals poor performances and losses. Instead a poor defense and an all around poor play.

no offense to you but just fans with your attitude. Just support your team of choice and players of choice and shut the hell up.

now the reason i say this is that cincinnatti fans are quick as hell to put the blame on cpecific players all the time for poor seasons. AND TRUST me CHAD JOHNSON is not the player on the team the fans should blame for the bengals poor performances and losses. Instead a poor defense and an all around poor play.

So if Carson throws an interception because Chad decided on his own to run a different route we can't blame either one ? We all do because Carson will stand up and take all the heat. But, the Bengals aren't a team that can afford to make mistakes on offense, so we have very right to blame and critique them. After all we're not the Bears, Steelers or Ravens. We can't over come offensive mistakes. Our defense isn't going to win us many games. I use the word many, because there will be a fluke game or two when they will actually show up.

So if Chad is dropping passes on offense then we can be quick to point the finger at him or whoever else on the offense isn't performing. So, I blame this season poor performance so far on Chad, Carson, Wille, Rudi and Levi. Those are guys that in my opinion have thought of themselves bigger than the team at one point during the first five games. On the defensive side I put a lot of blame on Dexter and Madeiu. How can safeties not be able to tackle?

now the reason i say this is that cincinnatti fans are quick as hell to put the blame on specific players all the time for poor seasons. AND TRUST me CHAD JOHNSON is not the player on the team the fans should blame for the bengals poor performances and losses. Instead a poor defense and an all around poor play.

No offense taken (I think) but maybe I should since I am probably one of those fans you are talking about.

Anyway, I think that all of the BS rings hollow when you are losing. Guys that shake-n-bake (see Artrell Hawkins) when they make one play and their team is down three scores just pisses me off. Maybe it's my age but I wasn't brought up that way and it wouldn't have been tolerated back in the day.

I won't put Chad in that category just yet but it irks me to see him pouting on the sidelines or crabbing and bitching when things aren't going right. In the back of my mind I have to ask the question, is he mad because they are losing or because his show has been delayed or his face time is shut down. It makes me wonder. That kind of behavior can only be disruptive. To draw a military analogy, I'd rather go to war with guys like Carson and TJ than I would a guy like Chad.

Also there seems to be no feeling of revenge or anything for either of these games. The only teams they seem to get up for are the Steelers and the Ravens. Again, in a different period, sticking it to the Jets and KC would have been priority number one. They took something that was ours and we are out to prove that we are the better team and we should have been there. But sadly I don't see that at all. I remember the first time the Bengals played the Bills (1989?) after we beat them in the playoffs to go to the Super Bowl, they kicked our asses. And their motivation was that we took something that they thought belonged to them and they were out to prove that they were the better team.

As far as the other aspects of the team, I think that there isn't anyone on that defense that is a true game changer like Odell was a couple of years ago. Unfortunately we are paying the price for his issues.

I also think the handling of this roster has been botched as well. Placing all of their money in the offense at the expense of the defense and special teams has come back to bite them.

Sorry. I'm not a sheep or a blind homer. There are problems, hence I will complain.

As a side note, I wonder what the departure of Hue Jackson has done to the relationships, etc. that go on behind the scenes? I think Jackson was often a buffer between Chad and Marvin and others and I doubt that the new coach (Mike ?) has any affect or control over his actions now.