Lewis be gone!

bengalsfan17

Marvin Lewis needs to go.....and before you say that is ridiculous, listen......the Bengals have given up over 30 points 16 times in his five year history......shula and coslet combined in five years only had 14 games where they gave up at least 30 points....Lewis has lost control of the team and there is no discipline....Lewis continues to get outcoached and the challenge of that third down spot that wasted a time out is a prime example at how bad he is.......he needs to go and bring in someone who will not stand for the crap that he lets Chad get away with..that is why they are not a team.....BYE MARVIN

Marvin Lewis needs to go.....and before you say that is ridiculous, listen......the Bengals have given up over 30 points 16 times in his five year history......shula and coslet combined in five years only had 14 games where they gave up at least 30 points....Lewis has lost control of the team and there is no discipline....Lewis continues to get outcoached and the challenge of that third down spot that wasted a time out is a prime example at how bad he is.......he needs to go and bring in someone who will not stand for the crap that he lets Chad get away with..that is why they are not a team.....BYE MARVIN

Who should they replace him with? I'm all for doing whatever it takes to improve the team, but I don't want to see him fired and then Mike Brown just promote Bratkowski, which is probably what would happen.

Who should they replace him with? I'm all for doing whatever it takes to improve the team, but I don't want to see him fired and then Mike Brown just promote Bratkowski, which is probably what would happen.

I would go with a disciplinarian....how bout marty schottenheimer or how bout rex ryan........or even bring back wyche

enough with the extremes...Im almost positive firing marvin would hurt the team more...especially in the middle of the season. The defense wasnt too bad...i would look to the offense and the offensive line if something needs changing...if the defense is on the field the entire game they are goign to give up points.

enough with the extremes...Im almost positive firing marvin would hurt the team more...especially in the middle of the season. The defense wasnt too bad...i would look to the offense and the offensive line if something needs changing...if the defense is on the field the entire game they are goign to give up points.

the reason for the defense not being too bad this week is because damon huard was quarterback..and he still did not have a difficult time....larry ran for 120 and he should have had more if the bengals didnt get lucky on a couple of fumbles...the defense is still bad and the offense does need some improving...but the only difference between marvin lewis and the prior coaches is that he has the luxury of a carson palmer....could you imagine if carson would have been throwing to carl pickens...that would have been unfair....pickens had 17 touchdowns in one year with not even close to the same caliber of quarterback..chad will never reach that in a season

I think they need to just keep grinding, let the season play out, develop some of the young players (if they can) and then do a wholesale review after the new year, thus deciding on regime change in time to make a play for a top staff....like a

Now, if they decide to pull the plug before the end of the season, there is only one guy who could probably come in here and salvage the season it is....

Schottenheimer

The only thing that scares me is who would MB replace him with? He doesn't have the greatest track record. I could see him giving it to someone like Bres - then we would really be screwed.

On a positive note...it doesn't matter that we are screwing the pooch this year anyway - because we would just end up losing to the Cheatriots at the end of the season...they really are an unstoppable force right now.

Schotenheimer would be awesome.

From Don Banks' "Snap Judgements" column today...

Uh, now what, Marvin Lewis? Now what do you do or say to your 1-4 team that has lost four in a row -- and also lost its way -- in the wake of that 27-20 defeat at Kansas City? Lewis tried screaming at his guys two weeks ago, calling out some "selfish'' players in his own locker room after Cincinnati's 34-13 embarrassment at home against New England. And last week's bye seemingly brought no solutions to what ails the Bengals.

It must now be asked: When will some of the heat start reaching Lewis, whose talented Bengals appear in position to miss the playoffs for the fourth time in his five-year Cincinnati tenure? Without a doubt, Lewis made Cincinnati football relevant again after those ugly 12 non-winning seasons the Bengals endured from 1991 to 2002. But Cincinnati has significantly underachieved the past two seasons, and Lewis can't stay immune to the pressure that faces every other NFL head coach who finds himself in such a losing situation.

Schott would be a good call right now...also if Vermeil ever got that itch again I think he might be able to reach these guys. Sure he is emotional, but seemed to be able to handle the"tough" guys. The other coaches out there without a job that have a good track record include Denny Green and Bill Parcels :o . What about bringing in a former Bengal player that might bring a little more passion to the team? Boomer? Munoz? Krumrie? Help me out with some other guys...

We did the whole "who's out there?" thing a few weeks ago and I have to say it looks a little weak for head coaches next year. The only one I'd want is Rob Ryan (the Raiders version). Schottenheimer - talk about Mr. Short Term Fix. No thanks.

Incidentally, I don't know that he's ready for head coach but I'd love to have Tim Krumrie on this team in some capacity, nice call Sportees. Any old guy who can still whip the hell out of a 1st-round D-lineman is OK in my book.

I don't know what they do, I can't imagine Mike Brown ever waking up to reality and the modern era, and doing what he needs to do in order to not be the laughing stock of the league.

The guy's an incompetent a$$ of an owner and is currently milking 2005 for everything he can, doing as little as possible to get by as long as there's a waiting list for season tickets (which will hopefully disappear if no changes are made this off-season). He's got his QB, he'll ride him until both of his knees fall off and he gets another #1 pick.

I really don't see any point in exerting any more energy or emotional output into this team at all until happens. Just not worth it.

I don't know what they do, I can't imagine Mike Brown ever waking up to reality and the modern era, and doing what he needs to do in order to not be the laughing stock of the league.

The guy's an incompetent a$$ of an owner and is currently milking 2005 for everything he can, doing as little as possible to get by as long as there's a waiting list for season tickets (which will hopefully disappear if no changes are made this off-season). He's got his QB, he'll ride him until both of his knees fall off and he gets another #1 pick.

I really don't see any point in exerting any more energy or emotional output into this team at all until happens. Just not worth it.

I'm not going to stop pulling for the Orange and Black. Call me a sucker but I was raised on them and can't see myself cheering for anyone else. It would be the Bengals or quit watching the NFL. Very freakin frustrating though...

I'm still not buying the conspiracy theory with Mike Brown. I truly believe he wants to win...I just think he's not good at it. He'll never sell the team. Some owners have a knack for building winning franchises - Mike Brown wants to win...he just can't b/c he's not good enough.

I'm not going to stop pulling for the Orange and Black. Call me a sucker but I was raised on them and can't see myself cheering for anyone else. It would be the Bengals or quit watching the NFL. Very freakin frustrating though...

I'm still not buying the conspiracy theory with Mike Brown. I truly believe he wants to win...I just think he's not good at it. He'll never sell the team. Some owners have a knack for building winning franchises - Mike Brown wants to win...he just can't b/c he's not good enough.

Well, I agree w/you and never said I was going to stop being a fan, it's something I've been since the late 70's as a tike, I'm stuck with this God forsaken franchise and this is my hometown.

But yeah, sure Mike Brown "wants" to win, the question is whether he's willing to put forth the effort and desire to do it, or at least hire some folks who can do it for him. The lack of quality depth and unrealized potential on this team is appalling, and this last off-season was one of the worst I can remember, including the draft.

Year after year we see minimal effort in the off-season to get better, coaches that are held onto much too long, as well as mediocre players, because it seems doing otherwise would involve too much risk, money or effort.

Not only have their front office personnel and coaching assistants not changed, their philosophy towards the draft and salary cap haven't either.

You guys may laugh at "the bubble" scenario, but it's a perfect example of things Mike Brown doesn't provide his team with at a minimal level still, that every other "cold weather" franchise has at it's disposal.

I also question the work ethic and practice time of this team - they're hardly ever on the field (I have a birds eye view all day long of the entire complex out of my office window).

In 2005 I saw players out throwing passes and working on routes and timing constantly. The last two seasons I've literally seen none of that.

And that leads me to believe they're too cocky and think they're better than what they really are.

Marvin has lost the team - we'll see if he can get them back. I think his Lebeauesque statement yesterday was a step towards maintaining a positive outlook and keeping his team with him - a bit of desperation like going for it with Kenny Watson on a 4th and half a yard they couldn't get at midfield yesterday, with plenty of time left.

Give Marvin one more year. You don't fire a coach after one injury plagued season. But this season is done though, I agree.

How about firing him because he has no control over, or the respect of anyone in the locker room??? Seriously, are cincy fans so out of touch with reality to not see that Marvin Lewis never had any business being a head coach in the NFL???

Watch his next press conference with the goofy faces he makes. He comes across like a giddy little girl. Marv is better suited as coach for your daughters jr high soccer team.

Year after year we see minimal effort in the off-season to get better, coaches that are held onto much too long, as well as mediocre players, because it seems doing otherwise would involve too much risk, money or effort.

Not only have their front office personnel and coaching assistants not changed, their philosophy towards the draft and salary cap haven't either.

You guys may laugh at "the bubble" scenario, but it's a perfect example of things Mike Brown doesn't provide his team with at a minimal level still, that every other "cold weather" franchise has at it's disposal.

Well said. Some folks seem to forget that any extra money MB shells out for a bigger staff, a practice bubble, etc. comes out of his family's coffers. Unlike someone like Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder, who don't need the money, MB is looking out for his kids and their kids.

Interesting comments about the Bengals' practice habits as well, SSH.

Well, I agree w/you and never said I was going to stop being a fan, it's something I've been since the late 70's as a tike, I'm stuck with this God forsaken franchise and this is my hometown.

But yeah, sure Mike Brown "wants" to win, the question is whether he's willing to put forth the effort and desire to do it, or at least hire some folks who can do it for him. The lack of quality depth and unrealized potential on this team is appalling, and this last off-season was one of the worst I can remember, including the draft.

I also question the work ethic and practice time of this team - they're hardly ever on the field (I have a birds eye view all day long of the entire complex out of my office window).

In 2005 I saw players out throwing passes and working on routes and timing constantly. The last two seasons I've literally seen none of that.

And that leads me to believe they're too cocky and think they're better than what they really are.

Marvin has lost the team - we'll see if he can get them back. I think his Lebeauesque statement yesterday was a step towards maintaining a positive outlook and keeping his team with him - a bit of desperation like going for it with Kenny Watson on a 4th and half a yard they couldn't get at midfield yesterday, with plenty of time left.

You right with that one, the 2005 season gave everyone the big head because we saw what our potential could be. However the team has failed to realize the potential of the 2005 season due to various reasons but whatever the reason we haven't gotten to were we need to be.

Humility is in order and I hope everyone in the locker room gets a nice slice of humble pie. You could see it in the 2005 season, young guys who have never had real success acting as if they just won the Super Bowl for the third consectutive time and now that over confident delusional attitude is biting back hard and it hurts.

As for Marvin losing the team that too is becoming a painful reality, too many dumb penalities by veterans. Lack of poise and discipline during crucial moments in the game are all signs that the players aren't responding to coaching. I'm sure Lewis has used every speech in his book and has to be at his wits end with this group of guys, I mean what more can the guy do to try to motivate these guys? Changes have to be made and clearly this group is not getting the job done, hopefully all of the right moves will be made.

Lastly for everyone calling for Marvins' head on a silver platter, I honestly don't think that firing him would solve the problem. The problem lies with ownership and firing a coach isn't anything more than a diversion. Until ownership changes the problems the same problems will exist, as a fan of the Bengals you have to be clear about that fact. LeBeau is a hell of a coach, just like Coslet was, just Marvin is, the only constant in the past 17 years has been Mike Brown, not a coincedence.

Nah - can't have that guy working for our Bengals - it's football not baseball, rivalries mean something in this sport.

Parcells and Shottenheimer both want to be GM's - I would say "you want a challenge? Come turnaround the Bengals' franchise, you've got a good base to work with."

Give 'em a budget and let them bring in whomever they want.

Nah - can't have that guy working for our Bengals - it's football not baseball, rivalries mean something in this sport.

Parcells and Shottenheimer both want to be GM's - I would say "you want a challenge? Come turnaround the Bengals' franchise, you've got a good base to work with."

You know that wouldn't happen, MB would consider himself a failure if he brought in someone else to run the family business, besides that do you think those guys would want to come here? Both guys are enjoying retirement and I don't see either one giving their comfy lifestyles to come to Cincy and have to deal with MB.

You know that wouldn't happen, MB would consider himself a failure if he brought in someone else to run the family business, besides that do you think those guys would want to come here? Both guys are enjoying retirement and I don't see either one giving their comfy lifestyles to come to Cincy and have to deal with MB.

I think you framed MB to a tee - that is MB's achile's heel. He's an owner that isn't good at winning but also an owner that will never give up the reigns b/c of Dad.

That would be AWESOME if he could bring himself to hand it over to a Parcels or Schott - but it will never happen.

Well I can dream. Both Parcells and Schott want to GM somewhere. And it's the attitude that "no one will want to come here" that's the problem with this franchise - people WILL come here, under the right circumstances - unless like Marvin, Coslet and Lebeau, they're desperate for a head coaching opportunity, and are willing to work with limited power and resources.

Remove obstacles and the Bengals' have a very alluring situation with a franchise QB in his prime, who just needs some support around him.