Dusty Baker anyone?

AMC

I'm hoping Joe Torre will get sick of the New York Yank Me's crap, and come to Cincy instead!

Mrs. Joe Torre's is from Cincinnati and her family still lives here.

That may be a reason to stay away, though...

I'm hoping Joe Torre will get sick of the New York Yank Me's crap, and come to Cincy instead!

Mrs. Joe Torre's is from Cincinnati and her family still lives here.

That may be a reason to stay away, though...

:lol: Point made. :rolleyes:

Good, I'm glad he's our new manager! Now.... If he will just bring in some more latino and black players... maybe that way the Reds will play better in the heat of June, July and August... Remember, "Their skin is more adapt to hot weather and sun, therefore they are better players in the heat."

This is a horrible move, almost as bad as letting Sparky go and hiring McNamara to replace him. What a joke this team will be next season, lacking starting pitching and now a manager known for his ineptetude in handling the game calls needed to win close games.

I have been a Reds from my first baseball game a very long time ago, I will now have to consider other things to waste my time on next spring and summer.

It just scares me to death the way he has abused young pitchers in the past. I hope Homer Bailey doesn't become another one of his "casualties".

I wish management would have waited a little while before hiring him...you never know who will be availble a month from now.

Well, it can't be any worse than it has been and he made some big statements I found suprising... This one especially...

"I've got to take it a little bit further and beyond, or else I won't be satisfied in my own life, in myself, if I don't bring a championship before I go home and play with my son."

WHODEY !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Baker is not a capable manager, he has never proven to be anything but a casual observor of the game. He lacks the ability to make the correct game calls.

Why did they not at least court Torre, Girardi or LaRussa? Baker comes cheaper than any of these three, because of his inadequacies. Same cheap spending organizational move.

I am very dissapointed with the direction of the team, but do hope they can find a way to challenge for the playoffs sometime in the near future.

Baker is not a capable manager, he has never proven to be anything but a casual observor of the game. He lacks the ability to make the correct game calls.

Why did they not at least court Torre, Girardi or LaRussa? Baker comes cheaper than any of these three, because of his inadequacies. Same cheap spending organizational move.

I am very dissapointed with the direction of the team, but do hope they can find a way to challenge for the playoffs sometime in the near future.

Dusty Baker is the highest paid manager in baseball now that Torre is unemployed. It may not have been the right move, only time will tell, but he definately wasn't cheap.

Dusty Baker is the highest paid manager in baseball now that Torre is unemployed. It may not have been the right move, only time will tell, but he definately wasn't cheap.

LaRussa's new contract is higher than Baker's and whoever the Yanks hire will probably be also.

LaRussa's new contract is higher than Baker's and whoever the Yanks hire will probably be also.

So at the moment, he is the second highest paid manager in baseball. And was first, for a period.

Still, not cheap.

So at the moment, he is the second highest paid manager in baseball. And was first, for a period.

Still, not cheap.

Cant dispute that, but to me it was wasted money. Hope I'm wrong.