Chad being Chad

HairOnFire

Ummmmm. It sure seems like you`re calling him a cancer.

And you`re wanting to trade him because of it . . .

I've never called Chad a cancer. We could endlessly debate what the term means but for me the difference is related to deliberately being malcontented, disrespectful, or waging a war on the team or coaches through the media or behind closed doors. None of that seems to fit.

As for Chad, I think he's unprofessional in many ways, but the consumate professional in others. I also think he's divisive, but not deliberately so. And yeah, I think the problem is serious enough that trading him should be considered, but only if he refuses to change. And there's the rub because I see no reason why he couldn't change immediately.

In fact, at one point this week in practice guys were lolly-gagging back and forth to the huddle. Lewis drove his golf cart onto the field and ripped into his guys again, imploring them to practice with urgency. The message was simple: let's get back into the habit of playing with discipline and it has to start in practice.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7307318

I like it. But then he needs to pull his assistant coaches aside and unload on them as well. And at twice the volume. The assistants can control the pace in practice.

Hair, you say we could get a first rounder and a veteran for Chad? Done. Then Marvin strikes with an iron fist for the rest of the season, no chemo or radiation needed. Malignancy removed, discipline restored.

Does anyone on here really believe Chad's narcissitic, divisive antics would be tolerated on the Patriots? Or the Colts? Willie said it best. They're grown men on those teams. We all want the Bengals to play like those teams. But when we contemplate taking the necessary steps, we all either tremble in fear or pound the table in indignation. I'm just absolutely stupified by the support for this clown.

In fact, at one point this week in practice guys were lolly-gagging back and forth to the huddle. Lewis drove his golf cart onto the field and ripped into his guys again, imploring them to practice with urgency. The message was simple: let's get back into the habit of playing with discipline and it has to start in practice.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7307318

I like it. But then he needs to pull his assistant coaches aside and unload on them as well. And at twice the volume. The assistants can control the pace in practice.

Hair, you say we could get a first rounder and a veteran for Chad? Done. Then Marvin strikes with an iron fist for the rest of the season, no chemo or radiation needed. Malignancy removed, discipline restored.

Does anyone on here really believe Chad's narcissitic, divisive antics would be tolerated on the Patriots? Or the Colts? Willie said it best. They're grown men on those teams. We all want the Bengals to play like those teams. But when we contemplate taking the necessary steps, we all either tremble in fear or pound the table in indignation. I'm just absolutely stupified by the support for this clown.

The Pats wouldn't put up with this his s**t, but they also wouldn't cry about it like some lil' girls either. Someone in the locker room would handle it and that would be it.

That is what bugs me about this situation, everybody is complaining but no one is doing anything about it, grow some balls already. If JT or Willie or Levi or whom the eff ever doesn't like CJ and has a problem then tell him and force him to change with use of physical violence, that s**t works you know.

The bye week has passed. Intermission is finally over.

The curtain rises slowly and the spotlight searches about for Cincy's favorite prop comic. It finally finds him, yesterday, holding court infront of his locker, a large bandage prominently displayed upon his cheek. Local scribes hiding behind microphones and television cameras ask what malady has befallen our grinning hero. He laughingly explains that his head coach has just attacked him, wounding him grievously before being restrained by others.

I quickly rise from my seat and head for the snackbar. Perhaps a beer or three will calm my frayed nerves. Regardless, I can't shake the feeling that I've seen this play before, and was unable to determine if the playwrite intentions were drama or comedy.

<_<

Chad just wants to win. Period. He's trying but is drawing heavy coverage without Henry in the lineup. I'm glad he's upset and yelling at people. There needs to be more of it. Especially on the defensive side of the ball where I saw a distinct lack of yelling.

In this Marine's humble opinion I think the Bengals should get R. Lee Ermey in to spend a few days yelling at those players slacking off on the team!

gunny.jpg

I feel you, Chad is a guy who loves the game, and loves to win. He is easily the best player on our tea, and maybe one of the top 15 players in the league. I'd be p.o.ed as well with some of the performances this team has put together this year.

Chad just wants to win. Period. He's trying but is drawing heavy coverage without Henry in the lineup. I'm glad he's upset and yelling at people. There needs to be more of it. Especially on the defensive side of the ball where I saw a distinct lack of yelling.

In this Marine's humble opinion I think the Bengals should get R. Lee Ermey in to spend a few days yelling at those players slacking off on the team!

gunny.jpg

I feel you, Chad is a guy who loves the game, and loves to win. He is easily the best player on our tea, and maybe one of the top 15 players in the league. I'd be p.o.ed as well with some of the performances this team has put together this year.

OoohF**ckin'Rah baby, and BTW...welcome to Bengalszone bigdaddy! :sure:

Chad Johnson is sometimes criticized for putting his celebrity status above football; last week, he seemed to prove otherwise.

While his Bengals teammates scattered to take advantage of the bye week, Johnson stuck around Cincinnati to work on his game. He has been playing well, but he knows he has dropped some passes and made some costly mistakes. In particular, Johnson has run a few improper routes -- a crucial error in the Bengals' timing-based offense -- which led to interceptions against Cleveland and New England.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/conte...F4.html?sid=101

Chad Johnson is sometimes criticized for putting his celebrity status above football; last week, he seemed to prove otherwise.

While his Bengals teammates scattered to take advantage of the bye week, Johnson stuck around Cincinnati to work on his game. He has been playing well, but he knows he has dropped some passes and made some costly mistakes. In particular, Johnson has run a few improper routes -- a crucial error in the Bengals' timing-based offense -- which led to interceptions against Cleveland and New England.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/conte...F4.html?sid=101

It's what I've been trying to tell a few doofuses here all along. He just wants to win, and if has to piss off a few folks in the process, so be it.