Official Patriots at Bengals Game Thread

You have TONS of offensive talent, and one of the NFL's defensive gurus for your head coach.

But penalties and over-pursuit kills you guys.

As a wise man once said....

...no sh*t Sherlock. Except the guru part for Marvin. You give me the talent on the 2000 Ravens defense, I could get a pigeon to draw Xs in the sand for a game plan and that defense would be good. You have those players, you don't need schemes. And then the pigeon would get a head coaching job.

At least that disaster is over. Laters folks.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what we are seeing is the difference between a disciplined team and an un-disciplined one and it starts at the top.

The most intelligent post I've seen during my week here.

You have TONS of offensive talent, and one of the NFL's defensive gurus for your head coach.

Snerdy is off the hook. Please carry on.

Snerdly's work is done, anyway.... :)

Injuries, unimaginative game-plan on both sides of the ball, poor fundamentals. It was a devil's brew of incompetence from the Bengals tonite.

Just kills me how they threw away two winnable ballgames in Cleveland and Seattle. This ain't a bright team.

what we are seeing is the difference between a disciplined team and an un-disciplined one and it starts at the top.

Snerdly's work is done anyway.... :)

Sorry I got pissed at you dude. It was totally the game thing.

Disappointing.....Not because we lost. But because it just shows you how outclassed, outplayed and outcoached the Bengals were today. Defense is a mediocre defense when not banged up. Down right pathetic at the moment.

My biggest concern is the offense. From what I can see. The oline is also mediocre. The Patriots Oline is fantastic compared to ours. Carson lacks vision. Forces the ball. Needs to make the perfect pass every time. Why are we running timing routs in the middle of the field in the red zone. One of Carsons most costly turnovers. Score there and we have all the momentum in the world. But true to form. Turnover. Then punt after half time then 7 for the patriots...game over

Does anyone remember the last time our coaches outcoached the other team?

Im just overall disappointed.

Maybe Marvin can rally the team ion the two weeks off.(stay clean Bengals)

At this point - I have no confidence.

Itll still be a long 2 weeks.

I'm not a trash talker.

I am a Pats fan - but a Pats fan since the Sullivan Stadium days.... ya know... the 1-15 Patriot days...

My week stint here, I've never gloated nor trolled.

I just defended my team, like anyone would.

Beat the Steelers for us, eh?

Nah difference from the 90's is we haven't had a losing season yet :P

Touche`

Dudes. This team is really showing some heart tonight. That's all I want to see. The Patriots are far and away the best this league has to offer, and the Bengals are still upset about being behind. That's what I want to see. :bengal:

True that billy, with the rest of schedule we can still come back and hopefully by this time some of our guys will be healthy -_- "get's a boner at the thought of chris perry and chris henry returning."

I'm not a trash talker.

I am a Pats fan - but a Pats fan since the Sullivan Stadium days.... ya know... the 1-15 Patriot days...

My week stint here, I've never gloated nor trolled.

I just defended my team, like anyone would.

Beat the Steelers for us, eh?

It'll be a pleasure.

Nah difference from the 90's is we haven't had a losing season yet :P

Touche`

Dudes. This team is really showing some heart tonight. That's all I want to see. The Patriots are far and away the best this league has to offer, and the Bengals are still upset about being behind. That's what I want to see. :bengal:

True that billy, with the rest of schedule we can still come back and hopefully by this time some of our guys will be healthy -_- "get's a boner at the thought of chris perry and chris henry returning."

Kaz...control your monster boners ya freak! :blink:

I can't remember his exact words... but Dave Lapham on 700 WLW said that Marvin tore the players a new a-hole after the game in the locker room... I'm glad!!!

I have 1 question for the guys who defend Bres, Why in the world would you stick the rookie Leon Hall on Randy Moss? I know it probably wouldn't matter, the pats would've scored easily, but why Hall on Moss?

I have 1 question for the guys who defend Bres, Why in the world would you stick the rookie Leon Hall on Randy Moss? I know it probably wouldn't matter, the pats would've scored easily, but why Hall on Moss?

A fair question. Hall did a horrible job of jamming Moss at the LOS of scrimmage...making you wonder why he even attempted as even the dreaded cushion would have given him better positioning.

As for covering Moss, I thought thre mostly unwanted Deltha O'Neal did pretty well when given the chance. (Somebody tell me again why this team doesn't need him?)