Jim Mora Jr available?

agreen_112

I would love to have him as a Defensive Cordinator. He did great things at SF when he was a DB coach and eventually the DC... If he's available, I think he would be a good replacement for Bresnahan! What do you guys think? Either him or the former coach for Colrain High and now DB coach for UC. He's got them DB's playing good football!

Update on JMJ

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Mike Holmgren

Executive Vice President of Football Operations/Head Coach

Mike Holmgren's Bio

Head Coach

Mike Holmgren

Executive Vice President of Football Operations/Head Coach

Offensive Coaches

Bill Laveroni

Offensive Line

Gary Reynolds

Quality Control/Offense

Gil Haskell

Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator

Jim Lind

Tight Ends

Jim Zorn

Quarterbacks

Keith Gilbertson

Assistant Offensive Line

Nolan Cromwell

Wide Receivers

Stump Mitchell

Running Backs

Defensive Coaches

Dwaine Board

Defensive Line

Jim Mora

Assistant Head Coach/Secondary

John Marshall

Defensive Coordinator

Larry Marmie

Defensive Assistant/Secondary

Ray Rhodes

Special Projects/Defense

Tom Headlee

Quality Control/Defense

Zerick Rollins

Linebackers

Other Coaching Staff

Bruce DeHaven

Special Teams

Darren Krein

Assistant Strength & Conditioning

John Jamison

Special Teams Assistant

Mike Clark

Head Strength and Conditioning

Lol, someone mentioning Kerry Combs. Let him get a year of college under his belt first.

Anyone other than Chuck would be very welcome.

Kerry Combs should make the NFL... I'm telling you, Jim Mora Jr is an excellent DB coach (Did anyone noticed how good Seattle's DB's looked), I think the Bengals should make him our DC next season... I just don't see Bresnehan getting fired this year anytime during the season, but if we finish at the bottom of ranked D's it has to be inevitable.

Lol, someone mentioning Kerry Combs. Let him get a year of college under his belt first.

I know right...let's dust off Pat Mancuso while were at it.

We need players more so than coaches, imo..

I disagree 100%! Coaching is everything. I don't care what level your playing on... I do a lot of football referee'ing for JV, Freshman and Junior High Schools. I can usually tell which team is going to win just by analyzing the coaches. 9 times out of 10, I can predict the outcome of the game, who's gonna win, who's gonna lose based on the coaching staff. I know this is a long way from the NFL, but I think my theory stays the same: Your only as good as the Coaching your recieve.

I disagree 100%! Coaching is everything. I don't care what level your playing on... I do a lot of football referee'ing for JV, Freshman and Junior High Schools. I can usually tell which team is going to win just by analyzing the coaches. 9 times out of 10, I can predict the outcome of the game, who's gonna win, who's gonna lose based on the coaching staff. I know this is a long way from the NFL, but I think my theory stays the same: Your only as good as the Coaching your recieve.

Now cmon do you reeeally want to take a high school coach and make him an NFL coordinator?

I hope Mike Brown doesn't see this, he may consider it.

Now cmon do you reeeally want to take a high school coach and make him an NFL coordinator?

I hope Mike Brown doesn't see this, he may consider it.

Jim Mora for DC, Kerry Combs for DB's... You can't deny what Kerry did for Colrain High. He put them where they are today, Top 10 in the Nation! He's a good coach, your right though maybe not for the NFL but I don't think we could get any worse than the def. coaches we have now.

You can't compare the two, you can't compare freshman high school football to the NFL, if you don't know why then god bless your soul, but you just can't do that.

Look if Madieu can't figure out how to not let wr's get deeper than him when they are playing a cover 2 then he needs to be replaced, not the coaches.

Good players make the most incompentant coaches look like geniuses, see Bill Belicheck :P

Pat Mancuso that's funny as hell, he's my old coach at Princeton. One time we were up 42-0 at Milford at halftime and first words out of his mouth at halftime was that we were playing like we were stinking everybody turned and looked dumbfounded and each other like did dementia or something set in during the first half with him. I don't think a new coach is in order how about some talent on the defense side of the ball, we should go after good scouts not defensive coordinators.

My understanding is that Mora mouthed off at some Atlanta or Washington radio station about wanting the HC job with the Huskies if Willingham got let go. It got him in a lot of trouble with both the front office and the fans back in Atlanta.

Willingham didn't get let go and Mora Jr. ended up with the Seahawks. Close but no cigar. All in all I rather doubt he's interested in leaving the Pacific Northwest right now.

Kerry Combs should make the NFL... I'm telling you, Jim Mora Jr is an excellent DB coach (Did anyone noticed how good Seattle's DB's looked), I think the Bengals should make him our DC next season... I just don't see Bresnehan getting fired this year anytime during the season, but if we finish at the bottom of ranked D's it has to be inevitable.

Both of our recievers got close to 10 catches each and over 100 yards a piece. I wan't impressed. In fact their soft zone reminded me of the soft coverage we usually complain about here. I would worry about Mora's ambition's about becoming a head coach too if I were Marvin. Not sure if that would really work.

Coombs will get his chance. But I wonder if he might make a college HC before he goes pro as a position coach.

If Bresh does go, then I think a few of the coaches on defense have to go also. But they are Marvin's friends so I doubt that happens.

I'd be very uncomfortable taking any college coach (or high school) and putting him in the Bengals organization. There's a laundry list of coaches that were awesome in college but who were utter failures in the NFL and vice versa - Pete Carol and Charlie Weis are two prominent examples.

The role of coach in college is completely different than the role of coach in the NFL and I think that we'd be rolling the dice big time by doing that. Better to drop some coin and pluck someone from the league.

In defense of Bresh, which I do lightly, he was basically handed the remainder of Frazier/Marvin's defensive staff when he took over. I know he was here a year beforehand so it's not like he didn't know the guys or what Marvin wanted but they made no other changes at the time. I just wonder if a few different coaches on defense might be the next step before unloading Bresh?