Bengals cut Frazier, Sign Dhani Jones

BZoner

The Levi trade's a joke obviously - but isn't there a back-handed way of another team picking up his bonus, or the player agreeing to the trade? How do we know that's not a clause for him? Of course I know bonus money is paid out neighborhood know-it-all numb nutz's.

I guess the question is, is Dhani Jones an upgrade to Caleb on the field and Frazier on ST's?

I don't know what his status is these days.

If Brooks is out for any period of time, I suppose desperation mode sets in.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Levi trade's a joke obviously - but isn't there a back-handed way of another team picking up his bonus, or the player agreeing to the trade? How do we know that's not a clause for him?

Stop. Don't say another word. Just let it die and pray that people forget.

Yes, because I care so much about what some anonymous internet, pants-around-the-ankles Bengal fan wanker thinks about me. Now go dig up that NFL collective bargaining agreement trade language and prove your point, or go away.

Maybe the Bengals are after this guy again:

Link

Something has to be up - they are one under the roster limit. Surely of all the teams out there, the Bengals' are the last one who can afford to be short even one player.

Bringing back Hartwell? A trade? Nothing?

BTW - and I'm sure this won't happen - but if they could trade Levi and his salary for a solid LB, to someone outside of the division - I make that move.

dude, we does EVERYTHING we discuss with you end up going back to the o-line?

Well i guess get ready for the air guitar then lol lol it is so stupid but whatever i guess if they really like him, i still like Ed Hartwell and would really like him back but whatever. So Al Wilson is out there is he still hurt or is he in game shape i would rather have him to. All im sayin is watchin the eagles games and listing to comcast sports reporters they used to say he was the weekness of there defense and thats why he was cut.

Well Character wise I like Dhani from his things on nfl network etc,

On the field I haven't seen him much but I've liked Lamarr so far and the redskins kicked him to the curb.

sports reporters they used to say he was the weekness of there defense and thats why he was cut.

Before hobson mentioned it I remember hearing reason he was cut was youth movement at the corps,Hell trotter got axed and hes a beast.

Plus they did pick up Takeo too though not too youthful guess They need one vet heh.

It's official. Dhani Jones is a Bengal.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6289

Let the bow ties commence!

"The mountain hath rumbled and given forth... a mouse." - Old Spanish proverb

"Spain" said that? :lol:

This better not be what Marvin sees as a solve all on Special teams. There were more holes in the kick, punt coverage than the opposing team knew what to do with

Well it might help special teams because if Jones can come in and play on defense right away, it will take some snaps away from Caleb Miller so that he won't be so tired when playing on special teams. I for one am glad they signed him. He is a player that has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove after the Eagles cut him then the Saints cut him so late in the Preseason. At least if the Eagles knew they were going to cut him, they could have done it earlier so he had more time to hook up with another team. The benefit for the Bengals is by signing him after the opener, they are not on the hook for his entire year's contract.

"The mountain hath rumbled and given forth... a mouse." - Old Spanish proverb

My interpretation of this proverb:

Some old Spanish dude was sitting around one day when he felt a pain in his rather large belly and it started to rumble and soon he let lose with a tremendous trouser horn blow, but he was surprised to feel something other than gas escape. That is when he said:

The mountain hath rumbled and given forth... a mouse.

Yeesh, Marshall and Brooks didn't practice today, not sure I've ever seen a team so banged up in my lifetime. Wow.

No doubt. Jeanty is still out. Marshall and Brooks are hurt and didn't even dress for practice today. So we are headed into Seattle with four healthy LBs: Landon, Caleb, Schlegel and the just-inked Dhani Jones.

Ugh.

Oh, and just to add insult to injuries, neither of our SS -- Dexter and Nduke -- were dressed today either.

Unless we get some guys healthy in a hurry (or Dhani turns out to be the second coming of Ray-Ray) I coud see a defensive train wreck in Seattle that'll make last weekend's collapse look like a fender-bender.

Yeesh, Marshall and Brooks didn't practice today, not sure I've ever seen a team so banged up in my lifetime. Wow.

No doubt. Jeanty is still out. Marshall and Brooks are hurt and didn't even dress for practice today. So we are headed into Seattle with four healthy LBs: Landon, Caleb, Schlegel and the just-inked Dhani Jones.

Ugh.

Oh, and just to add insult to injuries, neither of our SS -- Dexter and Nduke -- were dressed today either.

Unless we get some guys healthy in a hurry (or Dhani turns out to be the second coming of Ray-Ray) I coud see a defensive train wreck in Seattle that'll make last weekend's collapse look like a fender-bender.

:lmao: Please understand Hoosier, I'm not laughing at you, I'm crying with you.

What does this say about Ed Hartwell? He was in their system since before training camp, went almost all the way to the regular season and they don't pick him up.

Hartwell got bounced, and didn't get signed now, because he doesn't play STs. With the Bengals carrying injured guys like Kilmer and jeanty around they cant afford to give a spot to a guy who can't pull multiple shifts.

Dhani Jones is just filler for the sausage they're making. He'll be gone soon.

Could be.