Bengals cut Frazier, Sign Dhani Jones

BZoner

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something has to be up - they are one under the roster limit. Surely of all the teams out there, the Bengals' are the last one who can afford to be short even one player.

Bringing back Hartwell? A trade? Nothing?

BTW - and I'm sure this won't happen - but if they could trade Levi and his salary for a solid LB, to someone outside of the division - I make that move.

Pure conjecture here! I know Levi's in Marv's dog house and that's the only reason I mentioned it.

Of course i'd rather have a healthy Levi over Whitworth - what I'd like them to lose is some of that cap $ for the off season, if they're just going to keep playing Whitworth and let $40 million man sit on the bench, and "earn his job back." Great investment there BTW.

Something has to be up - they are one under the roster limit. Surely of all the teams out there, the Bengals' are the last one who can afford to be short even one player.

Bringing back Hartwell? A trade? Nothing?

BTW - and I'm sure this won't happen - but if they could trade Levi and his salary for a solid LB, to someone outside of the division - I make that move.

Mybe they got word Odell's suspension is being lifted :P

Of course i'd rather have a healthy Levi over Whitworth - what I'd like them to lose is some of that cap $ for the off season, if they're just going to keep playing Whitworth and let $40 million man sit on the bench, and "earn his job back." Great investment there BTW.

But wouldn't we lose money for cutting levi because of his new deal?

Just to completely put a downer on peoples already frayed nerves, could this move say more about Brooks.

Whoever they bring in is going to have very little time to prepare. Hobson was spouting some s**te about WR's being thin but I don't buy hurting an already pressurized ST's unit and a valuable backup option (before I get grief over that, I'm looking at the bigger picture not just last Sunday) for aWR, especially when we have plenty but they're all hurt. Why a LB.

Frazier did nothing to impress me, or the coaches it now appears. Considering how thin they are at LB this move is a bit of a surprise and must indicate they have something cooking.

Coincidentally, King Goodell lifted suspensions today on 5 players including AJ Nicholson...so maybe they will give him another chance...surely he could not make the D or ST any worse.

There are no impact guys out there for us to snag. A Levi trade is too stupid to merit discussion, stupid.

I for one am just glad Marvin is making some kind of move. While I liked what frazier brought in special teams in the past, maybe this move will scare the poop out of the others on Special teams and defense to make them wake up and hit someone.

If he really wanted to scare the poop out of them he would have cut a player like Caleb Miller and not a mraginal player that barely made the team in the first place

from Mark Curnutte

The Bengals this afternoon announced they have waived linebacker Andre Frazier. He played in the first two games and had two total tackles on special teams.

No replacement has been announced for Frazier's spot on the 53-man roster.

The Bengals had a visit this week from former Giants and Eagles linebacker Dhani Jones.

Best Available Defensive Free Agents according to Scout.com:

http://nflexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=2&c=681034

Defensive End

Grant Wistrom

Lance Johnstone

Kenard Lang

Michael Haynes

Courtney Brown

Marcellus Wiley

Bobby Hamilton

Kevin Huntley

Tyoka Jackson

Tony Bryant

Jimmy Wilkerson

Carl Powell

Kemp Rasmussen

Jamaal Green

Defensive Tackle

Jimmy Kennedy

John Browning

Seth Payne

Dan Wilkinson

Joe Salave'a

Lional Dalton

Kenderick Allen

Sam Rayburn

Willie Whitehead (DE)

Demetrin Veal

Chad Lavalais

Monsanto Pope

Thomas Johnson

Jerry Deloach

Kenny Smith

Johnathan Sullivan

Ed Jasper

Junior Siavii

Willie Blade

Tony Williams

Jason Fisk

Inside/Middle Linebacker

Al Wilson

Peter Sirmon

Jay Foreman

Sam Cowart

Rocky Calmus

Ronald McKinnon

Zeke Moreno

Rod Davis

Tim Johnson

Dashon Polk

Barry Gardner

Kenyatta Wright

Frank Chamberlin

Outside Linebacker

Ed Hartwell (WLB/MLB)

Tommy Polley (WLB)

LaVar Arrington (WLB/SLB)

Dhani Jones (WLB/SLB

Nick Greisen (WLB/SLB)

Chris Claiborne (WLB)

Orlando Huff (WLB)

Eddie Moore (WLB)

Keith Adams (WLB)

Brandon Short (SLB/WLB)

Kailee Wong (SLB)

Keith Newman (SLB)

Colby Bockwoldt (WLB)

Al Singleton (SLB)

Barrett Green (WLB)

Wesly Mallard (WLB/SLB)

Carlos Emmons (SLB)

James Darling (WLB/MLB)

DeLawrence Grant (SLB)

Alonzo Jackson (SLB)

Marcus Reese (SLB)

Saleem Rasheed (WLB)

Ben Taylor (SLB/WLB)

James Allen(SLB/WLB)

Grant Irons (SLB)

Dexter Coakley (WLB)

T.J. Slaughter (SLB/WLB)

Jeff Posey (SLB)

Ike Reese (SLB)

Joe Odom (SLB)

There are no impact guys out there for us to snag. A Levi trade is too stupid to merit discussion, stupid.

Especially since it would mean an $8 million cap hit and the bengals only have about $2-3 million in cap space.

As for Frazier, my initial reaction was...ehhh. I share TDB's qualms about shedding yet another special teamer, but the bottom line is no one on STs ought to be safe the way they've played so far.

They almost have to be bringing in another LB, and I would think on the strong side. Beyond that tho, who knows.

Please no Dhani Jones i cant stand the way he plays ahhh i live near philly and my bro is a big eagles fan and i watched there games and trust me i didnt like what i saw with him.

Eagles fan huh? You and your brother must be feeling equally a pissed today, huh? ;)

Im not an eagles fan ive been a bengals fan since Mr. Anderson but if i had a faviorite team in the NFC it would be the eagles and yes my brother is not happy right now. He watches bengals games with me and i watch eagles games with him since we are die hard football fans, but trust me u do not want Jones he is worse then what we have hear not to metion if he does a good play we have to see that stupid air guitar thing he does.

Im not an eagles fan ive been a bengals fan since Mr. Anderson but if i had a faviorite team in the NFC it would be the eagles and yes my brother is not happy right now. He watches bengals games with me and i watch eagles games with him since we are die hard football fans, but trust me u do not want Jones he is worse then what we have hear not to metion if he does a good play we have to see that stupid air guitar thing he does.

When I said "Eagles Fan" I meant your bro. It's obvious you stand with us as a Bengals fan.

Pure conjecture here! I know Levi's in Marv's dog house and that's the only reason I mentioned it.

You're proposing they trade Levi to SAVE cap room? Oh my. :o