• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have it in my head:

"We have to fix some things and get better"

"That's our business"

"We have to play 4 quarters every week"

"I'm giving the guys an extra day off this week, the have boo-boo's to take care of"

....add other Marvinesque, generic cliches as needed....

If that's all he wanted to say, why would he hold an unscheduled press conference? Why wouldn't he just wait until his usual press conference on Wednesday (I think that's when it usually is)?

Well, I hate to admit it, but Shula was dead on. There's been a couple of decent questions asked (When will actually see results? Is it more coaching or the players?) and Marvin's side stepped all of them. If I didn't know any better, I would say we're coming off a big win against the Patriots, rather than the embarassing 51 points we gave up in a loss to a team that just traded their starting QB.

Geez........I was hoping for someting different Shula.

All I got out of that was.....the fans are stupid, he hates Chick Ludwig even more now, and all Marvin did during this Press conference is perfect his Hee-Hee-Hee laugh.

It could be a long season boys....... :angry:

Marvins next line of work should be a politician.

Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

Well, I hate to admit it, but Shula was dead on. There's been a couple of decent questions asked (When will actually see results? Is it more coaching or the players?) and Marvin's side stepped all of them. If I didn't know any better, I would say we're coming off a big win against the Patriots, rather than the embarassing 51 points we gave up in a loss to a team that just traded their starting QB.

Well atleast he's consistant about something :D ..now to apply that consistancy to the defense..

Lance is ripping Marvin a new one. He says as bad as yesterday was, Marvin's actually made things worse due to his press conference. You can tell he's really ticked that Marvin told them, "You won't understand it." when referring to the why and how of yesterday's defense.

strap in boys it's going to be a rough one..but winning is the best perfume.

Lance is ripping Marvin a new one. He says as bad as yesterday was, Marvin's actually made things worse due to his press conference. You can tell he's really ticked that Marvin told them, "You won't understand it." when referring to the why and how of yesterday's defense.

Here's where I differ -- nothing makes it worse. Nothing he could say, short of ________ was fired this morning, makes a difference. Am I the only one who doesn't expect nuggets of wisdom from press conferences? (That was a rhetorical question.) Regardless of what happened yesterday, it would not help anything to come out and say -- we're desperate, we're in trouble, the world is crashing down, we are a team in disarray. As true as all of those things might be, it would only help Seattle. Marvin isn't going to talk to the press as if they're buds and here's an inside peek at what I'm thinking and saying to the team. I, for one (apparently), am glad that's the case. It's not his job to do that. Press conferences are a joke -- they should just go straight to the injury report and be done with it.

Here's where I differ -- nothing makes it worse. Nothing he could say, short of ________ was fired this morning, makes a difference. Am I the only one who doesn't expect nuggets of wisdom from press conferences? (That was a rhetorical question.) Regardless of what happened yesterday, it would not help anything to come out and say -- we're desperate, we're in trouble, the world is crashing down, we are a team in disarray. As true as all of those things might be, it would only help Seattle. Marvin isn't going to talk to the press as if they're buds and here's an inside peek at what I'm thinking and saying to the team. I, for one (apparently), am glad that's the case. It's not his job to do that. Press conferences are a joke -- they should just go straight to the injury report and be done with it.

ding ding ding...tell him what he's won chuck.

Oh trust me, I agree with you. Actually, by rule of thumb I disagree with pretty much everything Lance McAlister has to say. The thing that Lance is so p*ssed about - the "You won't understand" quote - is exactly right. If Marvin got into technical aspects of the defense, my guess is Lance wouldn't know what the hell ML was talking about. This press conference was standard ML, and not much that could've been said would change anything that matters. IMHO, all that matters is what's said to the team, not what's said to the media.

I agree with your take BBTB........It sure is damn easy to hee-hee-hee and say we'll put this one behind us. Nothing would've made a difference to me except a little re-adjustment to the coaching staff. If this team and it's coaching can regroup.......hoope it doesn't come down to this game affecting our chances getting into the playoffs, winning our DIVISION!, or getting a wildcard. The loss of this game could be even more monumental than we think......down the road.

Oh trust me, I agree with you. Actually, by rule of thumb I disagree with pretty much everything Lance McAlister has to say. The thing that Lance is so p*ssed about - the "You won't understand" quote - is exactly right. If Marvin got into technical aspects of the defense, my guess is Lance wouldn't know what the hell ML was talking about. This press conference was standard ML, and not much that could've been said would change anything that matters. IMHO, all that matters is what's said to the team, not what's said to the media.

I would say the problem seems to be is that the media thinks they are smarter or on the same level of football knowledge as the coaches and there not. Most of these guys haven't played a down of football in their life. Once you get media types who think that they know more than the coaches and you have coaches who don't like giving press conferences you get what we currently have now :argue: , at least it's entertaining for the fans.