Marvin feeling heat from media

ShulaSteakhouse

The Bengals' biggest problem with their defense the last few years, is at LB, where they can't seem to find a good one or two, that's reliable and can stay healthy or on the field/team.

Landon's acceptable if he's got two other guys helping him out - right now Lemar Marshall and Caleb Miller aren't that. What they have right now are 3 under-sized Lb's, two of whom should be back-ups at best on any other team. It's killing them and that position group has since Marvin's been here.

Unfortunately it's too late to fix it this season, and they'll have to hope Brooks improves and can stay healthy, and that Jeanty comes back soon, otherwise, without them, they're in deep doo-doo.

Things will probably change immediately after the next football game, but the media hasn't been universal in it's damning of the Bengals defense. Some have actually gone out of there way to give credit to a Browns team that they believe was unfairly ignored after embarrassing itself in the opener.

Included amongst that group are Jim Mora and Deion Sanders, who broke down film of the first two scoring passes targeting Leon Hall. Sanders claimed Hall's technique was "perfect" on both plays and gave credit to Anderson for "outstanding" throws. To be fair, Sanders also critized Hall for later miscues, including "sitting down" on a go route and most glaringly....playing zone coverage on Braylon Edwards when he had man responsibility.

But in the end Sanders was willing to do what few others can bring themselves to do, give credit to a Browns offense that could be explosive if the QB position continues to play well. And there's the rub because the future will have the final word on the real strength of the Browns offense and whether the Bengals were as clueless as they seemed.

Things will probably change immediately after the next football game, but the media hasn't been universal in it's damning of the Bengals defense. Some have actually gone out of there way to give credit to a Browns team that they believe was unfairly ignored after embarrassing itself in the opener.

Included amongst that group are Jim Mora and Deion Sanders, who broke down film of the first two scoring passes targeting Leon Hall. Sanders claimed Hall's technique was "perfect" on both plays and gave credit to Anderson for "outstanding" throws. To be fair, Sanders also critized Hall for later miscues, including "sitting down" on a go route and most glaringly....playing zone coverage on Braylon Edwards when he had man responsibility.

But in the end Sanders was willing to do what few others can bring themselves to do, give credit to a Browns offense that could be explosive if the QB position continues to play well. And there's the rub because the future will have the final word on the real strength of the Browns offense and whether the Bengals were as clueless as they seemed.

I watched the game again yesterday and the thing I was most impressed with was the Browns o-line, they played a hell of a game on Sunday. Our d-line got their asses handed to them on 90% of the snaps, if their oline can play like that on a consistant basis they will have continued success this year. Maybe it was because we were playing Steinbach so he was able to help the guys out but our dline got their asses beat last week and that was because the Browns oline played like champs.

Sorry TBD, I fell asleep...

Madieu Williams is a good enough athlete, but I lump him in the Brodney Pool range. Good athelete but he is consistently out of position, and takes bad angles. He is good enough against the run, but he gets caught looking into the backfield too often.

Robert Geathers is what he is a 4th round pick. He doesn't excel in stopping the run and he doesn't excel in the pass rush, where he is probably better. He will probably always be known best for ending Trent Greens career. LOL

Deltha O'neal never really performed to his high draft status. He is fooled easily and does not have the elite speed to make up the ground. I always found him to be a catalyst or a cancer on defense. He can play great some games, and then get burned all day long other days. The only thing I can think of is the guy is a head case, I can't think of a reason why he shouldn't be an elite talent. He has however lost a step and is getting old.

I guess 10+ sacks in a year and you dont excell at pass rush? In 3 of his seasons in the league, deltha had 5+ ints and a 9 & 10 int season? How many other cb can make that claim? His only problem is his attitude. He has better physical qualities then 90% of the cornerbacks in the league. His speed is 1st class, and has scored 6 td's as a returner. He had 2 bad years. Without them he would be considered an elite cb. Do some research before you make stupid statements.

He asked me my opinion and I gave it to him. Look, no matter what you think, one 10 sack season doesn't make him an elite pass rusher. In my opinion, if you can't get a sack on the Browns QB, you don't excel. LOL

You can defend Deltha O'neal all you like, but there is a reason your FO has been drafting cornerbacks. SO you can call my comments stupid and be immature, but that's on you and I won't stoop to your level.

Look, no matter what you think, one 10 sack season doesn't make him an elite pass rusher.

He didn't say Geathers is an elite pass rusher. He said he excels. Big difference.

In my opinion, if you can't get a sack on the Browns QB, you don't excel. LOL

I hope that LOL meant you didn't actually believe what you typed, because basing anything off of one game is ridiculous.

You can defend Deltha O'neal all you like, but there is a reason your FO has been drafting cornerbacks.

Yes, and that reason has been the likes of Tory James and Keiwan Ratliff. As has been mentioned, Deltha O'Neal, when he has the right attitude, is actually one of the best CBs in the league. In 2005 he was the only CB to not allow a pass over 20 yards, as well as 10 INTs.

SO you can call my comments stupid and be immature, but that's on you and I won't stoop to your level.

There is no immaturity when referring to somebody's comments. If he was to attack you personally by calling you stupid or an idiot or something, then that would be lowering himself. However, to call stupid comments what they were (stupid) is plenty mature, and plenty accurate as well.

He should feel heat and he should all year from the media and the fans cause as fans we derserve the best football team u can put out there and to be honest for years its the same inconsitant crap i have seen. As for def. players sure theres a couple of good ones out there, but not that great. Geathers i love the guy but until he stays consitant ill keep sayin hes good but not great, the DBs are young and need help they need pressure from the front four or linebackers and well they cant seem to get good enough pressure week in and week out. They dont always need sacks but consitant pressure would help out, and that browns game just showed that hell Anderson didnt even have to wash his jersey. So until we see this team gel toghter and play like a team play consitant im going to have to say Marvin should be on the hot seat cause this team sure doesnt listin to him or buy into what he is sayin, it seems like sometimes they play for themselves.