Lets start the "Hire Cowher" chants!

Tasher

Hire Cowher?

Thats all well and good, until playoffs. Come on, you all have watched the games that I used to agonize though. The Cowher game plan is pretty simple when it comes to the post season. "Run the ball, and play not to lose". The bengals would play great in the regular season, and then suck in the playoffs.

I've seen it happen year in and year out.

I hate Cowher. But I want to win an EFFin Super Bowl for Christ's Sake. If Marvin isn't the person to do it, can him. We're done p***y-footing around and coming up at .500 and having the worst defense in the league. If Cowher can take us to the top, bring him in. Huge jaw and all.

I know this thread was made toungue-in-cheek, but I digress.

<_< Yeahhhhhhhh .............. I don't know .

Bill had a good run in PA. and .. finally .. got his Superbowl. Have to give him his due, but I never was a fan ... and wouldn't jump up & down about him coming here to the Bengals.

He probably wouldn't get the chant right either ...... he'd probaly still be yellin " WE DEY .........WE DEY "

This is not the way I want to see the organization go. Marvin is still ok by me, but his pass is very small at this point, if there is any of it left. Cowher is NOT what I want at this point.

Well does anyone have any ideas of who else might be...

#1: Available.

#2: Competent.

#3: Willing to work for Mike Brown.

IMHO the hardest to address will be #3.

Cowher wouldn't know what to do with this offense.

With all due respect, your offense isn't your problem. Cleveland scored 51 points on your defense today.

You're right, but if Cowher comes in, not only will our defense suck, but our offense would too cause he wouldn't know what to do with it. He'd prolly get the defense straightened out in time, but for a while.......we'd suck on both sides of the ball. What needs to happen here is what happened in Indy. Marvin needs to take over the defense. Brat can handle the offense all by himself. Something needs to be done and drastic measures need to be taken. Giving up 51 pts to the Browns is beyond embarrassing.

Hire Cowher?

Thats all well and good, until playoffs. Come on, you all have watched the games that I used to agonize though. The Cowher game plan is pretty simple when it comes to the post season. "Run the ball, and play not to lose". The bengals would play great in the regular season, and then suck in the playoffs.

Do you not remember the reverse pass play they ran in the Bengals playoff game? Wisenhut used to do all kinds of trick plays especially when he had Randal-el.

As far as a replacement for Marvin, I would have to go with a young college coach that has some fire and excitement with his team. I look at how much better the Raiders are already playing this year compared to last year under Kiffin. My candidates:

#1. Urban Meyer- He would definitely know what to do with this offense.

#2. Rich Rodriguez- He has single handedly resurrected the West Virginia football team.

#3. Jeff Tedford- Every year Cal has a strong defense and an above average offense. If not for being in the same conference as USC, Cal could have been in some major bowl games.

#4. Mark Richt- Has anyone been more consistent each year with their team than this guy, other than USC that is? Defense always plays well, and he is a former offensive coordinator under Bobby Bowden.

I think the Bengals could get one of these guys if they wanted to. How could they turn down the chance to coach the offensive players the Bengals have out on the field? Richt would probably be one of the top choices seeing how he already has a bond with some of the former Bulldogs on the team.

Hire Cowher?

Do you not remember the reverse pass play they ran in the Bengals playoff game? Wisenhut used to do all kinds of trick plays especially when he had Randal-el.

As far as a replacement for Marvin, I would have to go with a young college coach that has some fire and excitement with his team. I look at how much better the Raiders are already playing this year compared to last year under Kiffin. My candidates:

#1. Urban Meyer- He would definitely know what to do with this offense.

#2. Rich Rodriguez- He has single handedly resurrected the West Virginia football team.

#3. Jeff Tedford- Every year Cal has a strong defense and an above average offense. If not for being in the same conference as USC, Cal could have been in some major bowl games.

#4. Mark Richt- Has anyone been more consistent each year with their team than this guy, other than USC that is? Defense always plays well, and he is a former offensive coordinator under Bobby Bowden.

I think the Bengals could get one of these guys if they wanted to. How could they turn down the chance to coach the offensive players the Bengals have out on the field? Richt would probably be one of the top choices seeing how he already has a bond with some of the former Bulldogs on the team.

Yeah, we could get Tedford and resurect Akili Smith, too!

:lol:

<_< Yeahhhhhhhh .............. I don't know .

Bill had a good run in PA. and .. finally .. got his Superbowl. Have to give him his due, but I never was a fan ... and wouldn't jump up & down about him coming here to the Bengals.

He probably wouldn't get the chant right either ...... he'd probaly still be yellin " WE DEY .........WE DEY "

I believe he was "answering" to our WHO DEY chant. WHO DEY, WHO DEY? ...... WE DEY! Get it? Actually it was a pretty brilliant roast.

Do you guys really think that with Mike Brown's track record for being loyal to head coaches he's going to fire Marvin Lewis who has to date been one of the most successful HCs in Bengal history??? It's NOT going to happen.

Also, there is NO way, no way, that Breshnahan gets fired mid-season, or Simmons for that matter.

Do you guys really think that with Mike Brown's track record for being loyal to head coaches he's going to fire Marvin Lewis who has to date been one of the most successful HCs in Bengal history??? It's NOT going to happen.

Also, there is NO way, no way, that Breshnahan gets fired mid-season, or Simmons for that matter.

Mike Brown and Marvin are in bed together. No way Marvin is anywhere close to a hot seat.....

Chuck can pack his bags, but not until the end of the season unfortunately...

Simmons gets a pass with all the injuries....