Ravens@Bengals Game Thread

combatbengal

To add my $.02.

I was very pleased with the performance on Monday, sure while the game was going on I was throwing things and yelling at the TV (my wife calmly reminding me that the players and coaches could not hear me) but in retrospect here are the things I took out of the game.

1) The Baltimore D is VERY good and Ray Lewis is a warrior. His performance was awe-inspiring given that he was clearly in alot of pain. Baltimore swarms to the ball and they play their assignments with incredible discipline. The Chad end around for example would have worked against an aggresive defense like the Bengals but against the Ravens it went for 3 yards because everyone was in their gaps doing their job, very impressive.

2) Carson Palmer did not take any chances and did not let the defense beat us. Look, it wasn't flashy but that doesn't mean it wasn't very good, I like what Jaws said at the beginning of the game, "if he has the numbers that Peyton Manning or Tom Brady put up against THIS defense he is the clear cut #1 QB."

3) We beat our chief division rivals without Henry, Perry, Willie, Levi, Ghuiaic, Jeanty, and an injured kicker. I'll take that every time and it we had a couple of bounces ( Mcgahee's fumble for example) or simply a healthy kicker, the end of the game would have never been in doubt.

4) Ahmad Brooks and Leon Hall looked incredible as did Geathers, Myers, and Lemar Marshall.

I believe we will see the true offensive potential on display against Cleveland this weekend.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3) We beat our chief division rivals without Henry, Perry, Willie, Levi, Ghuiaic, Jeanty, and an injured kicker.

That's a great point, Wraith, although the Ravens were pretty banged up as well. Still, considering we were down BOTH tackles on the O-Line against arguably the best defense in the NFL, I was very impressed the offense was as effective as it was - most notably Carson Palmer and his 100.3 passer rating.