Honoring Bengalszones Top 50 "Old Timers"

BengalszoneBilly

• 2 weeks later...

Wow great job Billy. I see this post has been here for awhile but its cool to be on this "Old timers" list. Maw where's my walker at? LoL

Wow great job Billy. I see this post has been here for awhile but its cool to be on this "Old timers" list. Maw where's my walker at? LoL

You knew nothing about this 2+ year old thread!?! :blink: Thats it. You're off the list! ;)

Good point in how you ended up here.

In trying to remember, I was looking for Bengals memorabilia from the early days and was taken to a post on the board with someone trying to pawn off something as "historic" Bengals memorabilia when it was something that appeared to come out of a gumball machine. Can't remember all the details, but I do remember how he got blasted for his post and it made me laugh. I was hooked...

Good point in how you ended up here.

In trying to remember, I was looking for Bengals memorabilia from the early days and was taken to a post on the board with someone trying to pawn off something as "historic" Bengals memorabilia when it was something that appeared to come out of a gumball machine. Can't remember all the details, but I do remember how he got blasted for his post and it made me laugh. I was hooked...

I don't really have any idea about my first post, etc...but I do remember that the team was in the midst of the initial "In Marvin We Trust" era. We were in the playoff race for the first time in forever and I think the team was getting ready to play the Ravens or had just played them and got beat pretty bad. Peter Warrick had injured his knee on the crummy PBS turf a game or two previous to the Ravens game. He basically never recovered from that. I think that sparked the movement to put in the field turf.

Hard to believe it's been over six years. Kinda gives you reason to reflect on what's happened during that time period.

I think I ended up her after John Thorton closed his message boards. I used to post there, then he took the boards down and mentioned this one. I followed it for a while before I signed up and even after I signed up I didn't really post that regularly until the last couple of years.

I started posting here very shortly after being booted from the old Huddles boards for writing one Dubya joke too many. Shunned, I trolled the old AOL boards for a day or two before bumping into Hoosier, who invited me here....a decision he probably regrets.

Weirdest story I've read here yet.

I started posting here very shortly after being booted from the old Huddles boards for writing one Dubya joke too many. Shunned, I trolled the old AOL boards for a day or two before bumping into Hoosier, who invited me here....a decision he probably regrets.

And while closing in on 10,000 posts here, you haven't said anything offensive enough to consider getting booted.

EFFORTS MUST BE DOUBLED !!! :lmao: