Camp Tour - Bengals

duus

The message seems to have gotten through. When you talk to Palmer he steers the conversation to finishing the year. When you talk to members of the beleaguered defense, they, too, emphasize locking things down for a stretch run to the playoffs.

This article frightens me a bit. Apparently the team, including marvin, is already looking to finish this season strong, before it even starts. What ever happened to taking it one game at a time? How about just worrying about making it into the season with enough healthy players to fill up the roster, the way training camp is going.....sheesh......

The message seems to have gotten through. When you talk to Palmer he steers the conversation to finishing the year. When you talk to members of the beleaguered defense, they, too, emphasize locking things down for a stretch run to the playoffs.

This article frightens me a bit. Apparently the team, including marvin, is already looking to finish this season strong, before it even starts. What ever happened to taking it one game at a time? How about just worrying about making it into the season with enough healthy players to fill up the roster, the way training camp is going.....sheesh......

Because you look at what you didn't do last season when you plan on what to work on for this season. Their schedule appears to be set up for making a stretch run to the playoffs in the second half, but they actually have to do it, not count on it just happening. Injures in training camp aren't really really within their control. They're focusing on what they CAN control.

You also have to see that the preacher has already preached about taking it one game at a time. The one thing the preacher hasn't preached is finishing strong and that's what I'm assuming he's doing now. With the way the D and certain O players finished last year, it is a area to be addresed. The core players have been taught under coach Lewis from day one to take it a game at a time but haven't really been addressed to not fall off towards the end of the season. Even though that's a given I believe it still needed to be pounded into their heads.