Thurman to appeal

El Tigere

The NFL has it's own secret police (seriously they do) and I'm sure they interviewed folks at the GA party who verified that he was drinking or doing other things openly, in addition to any other incidents.

Again substance abuse program violations and law violations are two completely different scenarios.

Quit blaming everyone BUT Odell and let's just own up to the fact he's a bum who never took his opportunity seriously and squandered it away on partying and B.S. IF he was reinstated he'd probably end up getting in some sort of trouble again and distracting the entire team with his issues at some point any ways, and embarassing the league and the team/city.

Time to move on already...

The NFL has it's own secret police

Absolutely! They also have their own czar - who is judge, jury, & executioner.........and answers to nobody. What the hell, at least Odell's lawyers can take up some of his time with their appeal (maybe a whole 20 minutes?)

...just own up to the fact he's a bum who never took his opportunity seriously and squandered it away on partying and B.S.

Without published guidelines, and a severe non-disclosure policy, I have no idea if this extra year resulted from the alleged assault, or public drinking, or a late or skipped drug test, or lack of contrition, or not writing 1000 times "I promise to honor and obey the commissioner". The point is, Shula, neither do you!

IF he was reinstated he'd probably end up getting in some sort of trouble again and distracting the entire team with his issues at some point any ways, and embarassing the league and the team/city.

As I said before, Shula, you're consistent. Perhaps Odell's not as consistent as you are, and capable of changing his behavior and growing up ............... well, probably not! :wacko:

Ya' gotta love Kid Steakhouse. Every single day for more than a decade he's shown up to loudly proclaim that he isn't going to take it any more.

And tomorrow will be no different.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if before the day ended he wrote three or four more posts detailing how unwilling he is to put up with this crap for one more day.

And then one more day will come and go and he'll still be here.

Ahhhh, tough guys.

I wish Odell luck...but I doubt he has much, if any. The way the rules are written, Goodell doesn't appear to need anything more than a suspicion that Odell tipped a few cold ones back in order to keep him out.

The thing that's occured to me lately is, how much of an issue does the commissioner's godlike powers become when -- as seems inevitable -- the current CBA is reopened for renegotiation after 2008? Conventional wisdom is that the small-market teams will insist on redoing the deal, since they feel it was too generous to the players. But just as the players eliminated the loyalty clause the last time around, I would be very surprised if they didn't attempt to more rigidly circumscribe the commissioner's disciplinary powers this time.