Thurman DENIED!

HoosierCat

roger goodell decision on odell is way overboard and bias against the bengals. if odell played for lets say the dolphins odell would be at training camp right now. how a player can assult then rob a player and just gets a slap on the wrist is is totall absurd. i guess assault and robbery is not as bad as drinking and missing test . unless your a white player then you can get you suspension cut in half. i am sorry but i really believe that goodell is a racist and a bigot. that is the reason porter did not get nothing more than a slap on the wrist to hide the fact that goodell is a racist . i have no problems with being harsh on players in trouble, but the punishment needs to be equal and fair to all players not just some. that is not happening. i hate to call anyone a racist but i really believe goodell is. i mean look at vick has not even been found guilty but was told to stay away from his team. pacman can't practice odell extened but allen a white player well lets cut your suspension in half. goodell should be removed now and let a compatent person take over. i mean what is it going to take goodell hiring david duke as his personal assistant.

I think your way overboard by calling Goodell and racist, yes he's full of s**t and his policy makes no sense, but calling the man a racist and bigot is just wrong.

Vick needs to stay away from the Falcons camp for a million reasons, but mainly so he can focus on beating the federal indictment that may turn into a superceding indictment very soon.

If Pacman can't take the hint to change his lifestyle and circle of friends because they are bringing him down, getting him in trouble and embarressing the NFL, then he too should not be allowed to play in the NFL.

We don't know why Allen got his suspension cut but after he pleaded guilty to the 2nd DUI he was heavily involved in the community and didn't have any accusations of assualt.

Let's not make this a racial issue, because if Goodell was truly everything you claim he is then I doubt he could get to that position.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodell is obviously beyond the naive attitude of relying on the judicial system to determine what happened. His action today shows what he believes happened, based on the investigation the NFL did.

Uhm.....so how come Goodell doesn't just go ahead and suspend Vick for the season?

I mean, he's a southern boy, you know they're into dog-fighting....it's obvious he did it.......

I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone here, but Odell is appealing his suspension.

The agent is quoted as saying that they have the team's backing, so if there's some new offense on Odell's part that we don't know about, then the Bengals are in the dark right along with us.

I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone here, but Odell is appealing his suspension.

The agent is quoted as saying that they have the team's backing, so if there's some new offense on Odell's part that we don't know about, then the Bengals are in the dark right along with us.

If there ends up no new information beyond what everyone is aware of, then I too would join those who suggested 'demonstrating' outside the NYC office. Sounds a bit crazy, and almost silly, but somehow voices will need to be heard (again ... if no new information is really out there).

If there ends up no new information beyond what everyone is aware of, then I too would join those who suggested 'demonstrating' outside the NYC office. Sounds a bit crazy, and almost silly, but somehow voices will need to be heard (again ... if no new information is really out there).

Guys, do you realize the is the distinct possibility we may never really know? Doesn't that suck!?! :angry:

I have to think Odell's appeal says this much: the idea that the denial has to do with some failure to meet the letter of the drug policy law -- which the league has suggested -- is total BS. If Odell DID miss or fail a test, no way they appeal; it would be an automatic failure.

Odell is calling Goodell's bluff, IMHO. Whether he gets anywhere, I dunno, but props for the effort. I hope he wins.

roger goodell decision on odell is way overboard and bias against the bengals. if odell played for lets say the dolphins odell would be at training camp right now. how a player can assult then rob a player and just gets a slap on the wrist is is totall absurd. i guess assault and robbery is not as bad as drinking and missing test . unless your a white player then you can get you suspension cut in half. i am sorry but i really believe that goodell is a racist and a bigot. that is the reason porter did not get nothing more than a slap on the wrist to hide the fact that goodell is a racist . i have no problems with being harsh on players in trouble, but the punishment needs to be equal and fair to all players not just some. that is not happening. i hate to call anyone a racist but i really believe goodell is. i mean look at vick has not even been found guilty but was told to stay away from his team. pacman can't practice odell extened but allen a white player well lets cut your suspension in half. goodell should be removed now and let a compatent person take over. i mean what is it going to take goodell hiring david duke as his personal assistant.

I think your way overboard by calling Goodell and racist, yes he's full of s**t and his policy makes no sense, but calling the man a racist and bigot is just wrong.

Vick needs to stay away from the Falcons camp for a million reasons, but mainly so he can focus on beating the federal indictment that may turn into a superceding indictment very soon.

If Pacman can't take the hint to change his lifestyle and circle of friends because they are bringing him down, getting him in trouble and embarressing the NFL, then he too should not be allowed to play in the NFL.

We don't know why Allen got his suspension cut but after he pleaded guilty to the 2nd DUI he was heavily involved in the community and didn't have any accusations of assualt.

Let's not make this a racial issue, because if Goodell was truly everything you claim he is then I doubt he could get to that position.

i am sorry u feel that way but i call them as i see them . white player sentence cut in half black player sentence increased. even though the black player was ahead of the white in the nfl substance abuse program. i mean most people can't see people for what they truly are and that is how i see it. and if odell played for another team then you can believe he would be at pratice right now. i may be the only one to express my opinion but i am not the other one who thinks that it was brought up to me by a couple of guys at work. i thought they where wrong untill the past couple of weeks

So, let us assume that this suspension holds. Thurman was a rookie in 2005, right? He missed all of 2006, and likely will miss all of 2007. Anyone know what his contract is? You get my point. Although I understand that the Bengals took a chance in drafting him, but surely there is a level of unfairness come the 2008 season. Might that be his 'contract year'? If not, then I am sure 2009 will be. Boy, talk about wasting a draft pick. Not sure who deserves the blame, and I actually am not that interested in that side of the conversation. It just seems like if you lose a guy for 2 out of 3 of his first years, you might have to consider parting ways ... unless he was so very much rehabilitated and even wanted to rework a contract or something to prove so. Just curious of the details and your thoughts around the contract side of these suspensions.

i am sorry u feel that way but i call them as i see them . white player sentence cut in half black player sentence increased. even though the black player was ahead of the white in the nfl substance abuse program.

Allen's original punishment (and subsequent reduction) came under the personal conduct policy, not the drug policy (which is what Odell's punishment is governed by). I don't usually link to other boards but one of the posters at go-bengals.com (an attorney) laid out an excellent explanation of how Odell's situation is unlike that of Allen, Pacman, Vick, Henry, etc., and just how screwed Odell is. The post is here: http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=33861

i am sorry u feel that way but i call them as i see them . white player sentence cut in half black player sentence increased. even though the black player was ahead of the white in the nfl substance abuse program.

Allen's original punishment (and subsequent reduction) came under the personal conduct policy, not the drug policy (which is what Odell's punishment is governed by). I don't usually link to other boards but one of the posters at go-bengals.com (an attorney) laid out an excellent explanation of how Odell's situation is unlike that of Allen, Pacman, Vick, Henry, etc., and just how screwed Odell is. The post is here: http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=33861

Ayup, that pretty much nails it.

shh!! don't let a little thing that the facts get in the way of this guy's hate. If he wants to believe Goodell is a card carrying member of the KKK then more power to ya. I just can't believe that, maybe Goodell is just a stupidist, he hates people who do stupid things that jeopardize the billion dollar cash cow that he his in charge of.

I was pissed intially, but when I read the facts and when you realize that Odell put himself in this situation by failing the drug test and so on, you really can't be mad at Goodell if you know all the facts. If you want to be mad at someone be mad at Odell for failing the drug test.

When you see a guy like Curtis Martin retire and have options to go into ownership of an NFL franchise after an outstanding career it makes you wonder why can't guys like Odell get it together. All NFL players are required to go to a rookie symposium in which they hear about the pitfalls that await them and lots of guys let the info go in one ear and out the other, but they have been warned. There's no excuse for Odell's actions, regardless of who or what his parents were. Odell failed to truly realize the opportunity that playing in the NFL is and he didn't take substance abuse program seriously, unfortunately the young man a series of horrible decisions that he is paying the price for to this day.

If Odell has truly complied with all of the conditions and was still denied I believe he deserves an explaination and hopefully he will get that through the appeal process.

that jeopardize the billion dollar cash cow that he his in charge of.

Jeopardize it? Lol like people are gonna stop watching the nfl because of pacman,henry and odell.

well Vick is doing a great job at bringing negative attention and ruining endorsement deals.

The "upside?" He's definitely taking the eye off Cincinnati in a big way.

after reading through what the attorney detailed over at go-bengals.com, i am not as outraged now as i first was. when you consider odell had made 1 mistake that forced him into the substance abuse program, made 3 mistakes which led to his suspension, and yet another mistake was made by his receiving a DUI one realizes the commissioner is not to blame. if you had an employee with a rash of mistakes, you, too, would punish him or her.

i see this additonal suspension as the punishment for atleast 5 mistakes (that the public know of) and not a punishment made for spite or otherwise.

in most businesses and organizations, one mistake will lead to termination.

but damn i wish he was allowed to play this year.