Cincy Post Closing Up Shop

HoosierCat

:(

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...7/BIZ/707170339

Bummer. The "evening paper" was always my favorite growing up.

Sucks IMHO for Bengals coverage. I always thought Kevin Goheen's coverage of the team was the best pure reporting of the three majors (the DDN, the Post and the Enquirer). And Lonnie Wheeler's columns were always a good alternative for those who didn't like how much Paul Daugherty seemed to enjoy ripping the "Bungles."

Sucks IMHO for Bengals coverage. I always thought Kevin Goheen's coverage of the team was the best pure reporting of the three majors (the DDN, the Post and the Enquirer). And Lonnie Wheeler's columns were always a good alternative for those who didn't like how much Paul Daugherty seemed to enjoy ripping the "Bungles."

I agree, I like Goheen's writing (beyond the fact that he's a classy Alter grad). Hopefully he can latch on with the Enquirer or DDN so i can keep reading him.

Unfortunately, the Internet makes newspapers a tough economic proposition. Most people under 40 just don't subscribe to newspapers anymore. This isn't the last paper to go as the industry is forced to reinvent itself.

Definitely sad. It's amazing I'm just old enough to remember how important the newspaper used to be. Who knows what my grandpa will do

I feel that in the not too distant future all print newspapers will be a thing of the past. What will we use for house breaking a puppy after that?

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. Kevin Goheen and Lonnie Wheeler write strong opinion pieces that rarely stray from the onfield concerns of the Bengals. Meanwhile, Paul Daugherty has always seemed far more concerned with rants about leases, taxes, lawsuits, profit sharing, and any other non-playing subject matter. In short, he doesn't so much write articles about the Bengals so much as he writes articles about Mike Brown's wallet. Mike Brown's wallet should do this. Mike Brown's wallet shouldn't do that. And the ever popular...."I'm Paul Daugherty, and here's why you should hate the owner of Mike Brown's wallet as much as I do."

Sadly, far better writers are soon to be unemployed while Daugherty's tired act continues to play.

• 4 months later...

Agreed. Lot's of great memories as a kid waiting for the paper to show up after school so I could see how the Dodgers did the night before and to check out the latest Reds box score. As I got older I (we) switched over to the Enquirer but it was always convenient to have the Post around in case something exciting happened in the morning. These were in the pre-internet days of the 1980's and early 1990's.

Good luck to all of them and I hope the Enquirer would somehow absorb some of the talent at the Post into their own paper,