Michael Vick

Short-term this is obviously a huge blow to the Falcons but long-term I'm not sure it isn't a blessing in disguise, because I'm far from convinced that they ever would have seen Vick hoisting a Lombardi.

In the Sam Farmer article it was stated flatly that the Falcons were already preparing to move on without Vick after this season. The so-called plan was to allow Vick total freedom this season and cut him loose after this season if the results didn't match what Vick kept promising he could do if unshackled. In the off chance that Vick stepped up the Falcons would commit even greater to a wide open scheme that relied less on a conventional ground game.

In short, it was already make or break time for Vick in Atlanta.

As for Matt Schaub, the decision to trade him was said to be unrelated and was done soley because he was a poor fit for whatever direction the new Falcon's coaching staff wanted to take. Other sources have claimed that Schaub was moved because his contract was about to end, and the team didn't want to commit to him because he was arrogant, abrasive, and mostly unliked by other players.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the extreme-activists at?? Those PETA and animal rights advocates are sissies. Anyone can stand there with a sign and walk back and forth in front of a court building. Where are the REAL extreme crazy ass people at, this seems like the perfect platform for some crazy ass redneck to throw a dead dog at him or whoop his ass or even worse.

I can honestly say that ever since Vick came into the league I never liked the guy. I never liked his playing style and was one of those guys that said a running QB that can't throw a straight pass is useless in the NFL, awesome in college, for now, but useless in the NFL. Then genius shows up to the QB challenge and I swear that you could tell by his eyes he was higher than a kite. All the franchise embarassing moments over the years and now this?

THere shouldn't be a single person alive willing to defend this idiot.

Throw his ass in a dog pen with a couple pitbulls and let him get what he deserves.

I beleive that when he says he never killed a dog, because the only thing a worthless p***y like him could do his help someone do it. He doesn't have the balls to do it himself.

LOSER.

Will Vick avoid doing time by ratting people out?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=2990177

According to Peter King at halftime of the Ravens-Giants game last Sunday night, Vick's lawyers said he was such a stand-up guy that he would not drag others into the case just to save himself.

I guess he changed his mind. :seehearspeak:

According to Peter King at halftime of the Ravens-Giants game last Sunday night, Vick's lawyers said he was such a stand-up guy that he would not drag others into the case just to save himself.

Well, according to the terms of the deal, he has to spill his guts. If the Feds get any sense he's holding out they can just hit him with more time. Basically he's their b*tch.

Which makes some sense: if youre the Feds, why give Vick a deal? You can take The Face Of The NFL down. Oh, what, a deal save taxpayers' money? Well, shoot, that might be the first time I ever heard the Feds gave a crap about saving us peons money.

I think Vick is running his mouth like a busted faucet and the Feds are going to nail all sorts of dogfighting operators (big names and small). Anyone who was ever involved in a dogfight related to Vick's boys ought to be headed for the mexican border about now, IMHO.

Well, according to the terms of the deal, he has to spill his guts. If the Feds get any sense he's holding out they can just hit him with more time. Basically he's their b*tch.

Which makes some sense: if youre the Feds, why give Vick a deal? You can take The Face Of The NFLâ„¢ down. Oh, what, a deal save taxpayers' money? Well, shoot, that might be the first time I ever heard the Feds gave a crap about saving us peons money.

I think Vick is running his mouth like a busted faucet and the Feds are going to nail all sorts of dogfighting operators (big names and small). Anyone who was ever involved in a dogfight related to Vick's boys ought to be headed for the mexican border about now, IMHO.

He is on the hook big time. I had a friend that ran into some trouble with the feds and basically had the same thing happen to him. It was more or less, "you will do time but it's up to you to decide how much". At that point all of the valor and machismo BS go out the window.

• 5 months later...