Griffey Jr's All Star performance

agreen_112

What a great player he is. I loved watching Griffey have such a wonderful night last night... Like this story says, a lot of the All Stars grew up idolizing this guy. It's just great to see him playing the way he is, hopefully he has another few years like this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar07/co...&id=2932438

Oh yeah, before anyone disses him for the Ichiro inside the parker, let me just say that there was NOTHING Griffey could've done... That ball took a weird bounce off that fence! Even Bonds said that he's never seen a ball come off of that part of the fence at AT&T Park.

ya it was nice to see. wasnt his fault on the ichiro hit. hell vlad guerrero played that triple alot worse than griffey did, atleast griffey's mishap was a bad bounce.

what'll even be nice is if he gets traded now. or atleast dunn!!!

I hope that he plays for the Reds for another healthy and productive 5 years. Having him retire a Red and finish off his great carrer there would be one of the biggest highlights since the last time they made a playoff game.

I hear ya man, I don't think the Reds should trade him, he's still got a lot of life left. It almost wouldn't be worth it unless we get a young stud pitcher and thats not going to happen.

I would love to see Griffey finish his career with the Reds, but his value is probably higher now than it has been his entire time with the team. He's healthy and he's raking the ball like he did 10 years ago, so I could understand if they did try to move him.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to the game here in Pittsburgh the other day, and even though my Buccos displayed their usual ineptitude, I can at least say I got to see the best player of my generation hit a home run. I love Ken Griffey Jr. I hope he stays in Cincinnati, and that he stays healthy, because that's the best chance he has of hitting as many HR as possible. I mean, if he stays healthy for 5-6 more years and hits about 30 HR per year, he has a chance to break the record.

I went to the game here in Pittsburgh the other day, and even though my Buccos displayed their usual ineptitude, I can at least say I got to see the best player of my generation hit a home run. I love Ken Griffey Jr. I hope he stays in Cincinnati, and that he stays healthy, because that's the best chance he has of hitting as many HR as possible. I mean, if he stays healthy for 5-6 more years and hits about 30 HR per year, he has a chance to break the record.

That would be nice, but I doubt he ever breaks the record.

• 4 weeks later...