Sounds like the suspense will continue to build

bengal4life

This sounds like good news. Hopefully we get the good news today.

Thurman waiting

By GEOFF HOBSON

July 10, 2007

Posted: 8:15 p.m.

Thurman

Wednesday is the first day Bengals middle linebacker Odell Thurman can hear if he'll be let back into the NFL after serving a one-year suspension. But one of his agents, Saf Lawson, said Tuesday while he's confident his client is going to be reinstated he doesn't know when.

But the decision figures to come in time for Thurman to know if he'll be able to report with the rest of the Bengals July 26 to training camp. Thurman's suspension came as a result of the violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

"All indications are that to this point Odell has not had any violations of the drug program and we're hopeful that his application is going to be accepted," Lawson said.

A meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell isn't needed for a final decision and Lawson said he's not aware that one has been set up.

Hopefully Goodell has a heart and doesn't let Odell twist in the wind for too long, it would be great to hear something today.

I hope so too, Pattern, but don't get your hopes up. Good-all answers to NOBODY and has no love for Mikey Brown. I'm betting he will continue to sit on it for a couple of weeks, then schedule Odell for a meeting - Odell may miss the 1st week or 10 days of camp, effectively ending his utility for this year (and perhaps his career with the Bengals).

There's a reason our founding fathers revolted against England - absolute power concentrated in any individual is ALWAYS a bad thing.

Hopefully Goodell has a heart and doesn't let Odell twist in the wind for too long, it would be great to hear something today.

I hope so too, Pattern, but don't get your hopes up. Good-all answers to NOBODY and has no love for Mikey Brown. I'm betting he will continue to sit on it for a couple of weeks, then schedule Odell for a meeting - Odell may miss the 1st week or 10 days of camp, effectively ending his utility for this year (and perhaps his career with the Bengals).

There's a reason our founding fathers revolted against England - absolute power concentrated in any individual is ALWAYS a bad thing.

yeah ol MB has few friend here in NYC, but that is what happens when you go against the grain. Lord Goodell shall inform us when sees fit to do so, until we shall be waiting with baited breathe.

Did you hear that Goodell went to a NYC courthouse to change is last name, appearantly he wants to drop an O and the "ell" portion from his last name in honor of new job as commissioner of the NFL.

Did hear that Goodell went to a NYC courthouse to change is last name, appearantly he wants to drop an O and the "ell" portion from his last name in honor of new job as commissioner of the NFL.

:lmao:

I can see it happening...

Hopefully Thurman gets reinstated in enought time to really make a difference and contribute.

I would suspect he'll be reinstated, and for God's sakes Goodell is not going to sit on it, just to make some sort of elusive point. I'm sure there's rules there.

My "suspense" with him revolves around whether or not he'll look like the out of shape 3rd string POS he did last preseason, and if he'll be able to stay off the pipe all year and contribute in a positive manner.

Odell has to earn that admiration back from me as a fan, and I would hope others as well, who don't just give some bum a pass for letting us all down and his team, by drinking 40's and doing who knows what else the entire offseason while his QB's knee was hanging from a string for six months, trying to come back and get to the playoffs again.

I would suspect he'll be reinstated, and for God's sakes Goodell is not going to sit on it, just to make some sort of elusive point. I'm sure there's rules there.

My "suspense" with him revolves around whether or not he'll look like the out of shape 3rd string POS he did last preseason, and if he'll be able to stay off the pipe all year and contribute in a positive manner.

Odell has to earn that admiration back from me as a fan, and I would hope others as well, who don't just give some bum a pass for letting us all down and his team, by drinking 40's and doing who knows what else the entire offseason while his QB's knee was hanging from a string for six months, trying to come back and get to the playoffs again.

So you probably think Odell is very lazy, correct?

Compared to a guy like Carson or Chad - hell yes he is. I hope that changes. His inability to learn or improve in 2005 and coast on his athletic instincts and ability was fairly obvious.

His absence killed the team last year on defense - no reason to sugar coat it. And he let his body go quite a bit last year too.

He'll obviously be the story of training camp along with Ahmad Brooks, if he makes it back.

Compared to a guy like Carson or Chad - hell yes he is. I hope that changes. His inability to learn or improve in 2005 and coast on his athletic instincts and ability was fairly obvious.

His absence killed the team last year on defense - no reason to sugar coat it. And he let his body go quite a bit last year too.

He'll obviously be the story of training camp along with Ahmad Brooks, if he makes it back.

Are u familiar with a man that goes by the name of Silky Johnson?

Shula, you really need to get over any percieved act of ill will Odell committed towards you, if your mad at him because of how the defense performed then Chucky B should get the target of your misplaced hate.

Odell is a young kid who made some bad choices, it happens all the time, hell look at Al Gore's son. Everyone of us has done things that were just plain stupid, however we weren't local celebrities who played for an NFL team so our mistakes didn't make the 11:00 pm SportsCenter.

People can change for the better and it looks like Odell is seriously trying to do just that, so why don't you exercise some of those good ol' midwestern Christian values and forgive Bro. Odell for his transgressions against Bengaldom and welcome back into the bussom of the PBS faithful, can some on say Amen!!!

Maybe you could get over your hate by letting Odell do "the grind" on your girlfriend, no??

The Columbus Dispatch's Bill Rabinowitz blogs on the Bengals

Waiting game begins for Thurman

Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman became eligible today for reinstatement from his one-year NFL suspension, but as of 2:30 this afternoon, his agent had heard nothing from the commissioner’s office.

“He’s met all the requirements and done everything asked of him,” said Safarrah Lawson from his office in Atlanta. “We’re optimistic, but we haven’t heard anything and don’t have a date (in which we expect) to hear anything.”

Lawson said Thurman filed a petition for reinstatement more than a month ago.

“He’s working out, preparing for the season and trying to do all the right things,” Lawson said.

Thurman’s first priority is to maintain his sobriety, which Lawson said he is doing.

“He is a young man who’s made some mistakes,” Lawson said. “He’s a good kid. He’s doing the things he’s needing to do.”

Thurman led the Bengals in tackles in his rookie season of 2005, but he frustrated coaches with his lack of discipline on and off the field.

The Bengals have penciled in second-year player Ahmad Brooks to start at middle linebacker entering training camp, which starts July 27 in Georgetown, Ky.

Posted by Bill Rabinowitz on July 11, 2007 2:52 PM

http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/content/s...rabinowitz.html

Thursday, July 12, 2007

League: No Thurman announcement today

The NFL office just returned my call regarding any possible decision on the possible reinstatement of Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman and said there would not be an announcement today.

A reader just emailed and asked if I thought Thurman would be in uniform this season. I said yes.

By all accounts, his alcohol rehabilitation went well and he has complied with all requirements. I would expect him to be reinstated in time to report to training camp two weeks from today and participate fully when practice starts July 27.

Thurman has been working out, and he weighs 238 pounds, just two pounds more than his listed playing weight.

He remains under contract for the next three seasons, at original contract base salaries of $406,250, $478,750 and $551,250 -- all of which will be slightly higher to meet NFL minimum salaries adjusted during March 2006 when the collective bargaining agreement was restructured and extended.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/

Nice to know the rumors were unfounded that he let himself go. Then again, I have only myself to blame for listening to that crap in the first place.

Yup, last year many of the same idiots were claiming that Odell was either fat and out of shape or had wasted away due to an addiction to crack. (Two extremes, both idiotic.)

In reality Thurman looked to be very close to his listed playing weight last season, and apparently still is.

Recent pictures too he looks like his typical frame....Good to hear old schooler.

Where can I see these pics? I would love to see the man.

I saw a pic of him when he went to court. But that`s all.

Here is a video from WCPO, Channel 9 news Monday,

it was Odell`s 24th birthday, and we was working with kids at a football

camp in Cincinnati. He looked like he was ready to play to me . . .

Here is the link . . .

http://www.wcpo.com/mediacenter/local.aspx...cpo.dayport.com