Milt Stegall

CJ.

Now I'm sure this topic has been beaten to a pulp by fellow CFL fans but this is still worth the read.

Milt Stegall played 3 seasons with the Bengals finally being a late cut in 1995. He then found his way to the CFL (Canadian Football League) where he quickly made the final roster of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Now 12 years later he is arguably the greatest reciever to ever play the Canadian game. Now before you call this league "Bush" remember this, it's older then the NFL and has been around for nearly 100 years. He's a future Hall of Famer and tommorow night will break the leagues holy grail of records. He's currently tied with two Running Backs for the most career touch downs (137). And he should break that record tommorow night against the Montreal Alouettes. Words can't describe what he's accomplished in this league and the amount of admiration he has in Winnipeg and around Canada. So here's some videos to show you just how much an ex-Bengal has accomplished.

Milt Stegalls top 10 Touch Downs

His TD in 2001 Grey Cup

Now flame me all you wan't but i just thought it would be appropiate to post this. As at 37 years old this is likely his last season and he WILL be setting a new mark for career TDs tommorow night.

Im not going to bash Stegall for his accomplishments in Canada..

Fact is that its like saying a player had a great baseball career in AAA ball..

It means nothing except in Canada.

Or it's like saying that a short QB best known for one lucky throw and running around like a Jack Russell terrier with ADD could become the best player in the history of the CFL, yet be a failure in the NFL. ;)

Looks to me like the Bengals missed his talent.

Very likely, but then again we're talking about the Shula/Klingler era here. The guy could have been the next Jerry Rice and he still wouldn't have been going anywhere with that crew in charge.

Looks to me like the Bengals missed his talent.

Very likely, but then again we're talking about the Shula/Klingler era here. The guy could have been the next Jerry Rice and he still wouldn't have been going anywhere with that crew in charge.

What are you trying to say - promoting a WR coach with no experience from within on a terrible team is a bad idea??? Drafting a top-5 QB from a school that uses the run-and-shoot isn't brilliant?

I don't even know who you are anymore. Next thing you know, you'll be telling me that taking gimpy RBs in the first round is a bad idea.

Not trying to be that "guy" but...I watch Milt's Top 10 and I've seen better highlights at an Elder / St. X game..Honestly I see why the CFL is considered the minor league, those were the worst db's I've seen. Not to mention the endzone is like 30 yards deep so it should be pretty easy to score all those td's when you compare it the to the NFL's endzone.

Milt is a talented guy who didn't let the fact that he got cut from one of the worse teams in NFL history stop him from realizing his dream of playing pro football. He followed his dreams and achieved great things, congrats Milt.

But this is a Cincy Bengals site not a Hamilton Tiger Cats so I really don't apprieciate it as much as others would.

this is amazing, Have you people ever seen a CFL game?? probably not. Most of you would never admit that there might be more than one football league worth watching out there...

as for Milt, i've been watching him for awhile and he's seriously the real deal. I don't know how they got him but he would have been a star in the NFL no doubt eventually if he had the chance. Just watch the miracle at Commonwealth, 100 yard td to win the game in the dying seconds i mean c'mon can't diss him. he can do s**t no one else can.

this is amazing, Have you people ever seen a CFL game?? probably not. Most of you would never admit that there might be more than one football league worth watching out there...

We wouldn't admit it purely based on the fact it isn't true. Arena Football League? Watched it. Conclusion I made from watching it? It blows. Canadian Football League? Watched it. Conclusion I made from watching it? It doesn't blow quite as much as the Arena League, but still a high "Blow Factor." The USFL and XFL!?! Watched them. Conclusion I made from watching them? They blew so f**king much that they blew themselves clean off the planet! And don't think that just because a league has the letters "NFL" in it that it's automatically worth watching. The recently folded "NFL Europe" proved that.

We wouldn't admit it purely based on the fact it isn't true. Arena Football League? Watched it. Conclusion I made from watching it? It blows. Canadian Football League? Watched it. Conclusion I made from watching it? It doesn't blow quite as much as the Arena League, but still a high "Blow Factor." The USFL and XFL!?! Watched them. Conclusion I made from watching them? They blew so f**king much that they blew themselves clean off the planet! And don't think that just because a league has the letters "NFL" in it that it's automatically worth watching. The recently folded "NFL Europe" proved that.

Billy, which one of these guys are you?

gayreviewguys.jpg

"Hated it!"

:lmao: :lmao:

Billy, which one of these guys are you?

gayreviewguys.jpg

"Hated it!"

:lmao: :lmao:

:lol::lol::lol: Funny stuff there Spor_tees, but lets set the record straight, Homey don't play that s**t!

inlivingcolortwo1.jpg

as for Milt, i've been watching him for awhile and he's seriously the real deal. I don't know how they got him but he would have been a star in the NFL no doubt eventually if he had the chance. Just watch the miracle at Commonwealth, 100 yard td to win the game in the dying seconds i mean c'mon can't diss him. he can do s**t no one else can.

:lmao: Thats funny. Milt couldn't hang with the sweat from Chad's balls!!!

While we're on the subject of ex-Bengals wideouts, I see the Clowns have inked Maurice Mann...

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/story/2007/7/10/135645/465

...and according to Florio @ PFT, the Pats have signed WR Troy Brown to a 1-year deal, giving them 13, count 'em 13, WRs: Brown, Randy Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker, Kelley Washington, Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, Chad Jackson, Bam Childress, Jonathan Smith, Kelvin Kight, Chris Dunlap, and C.J. Jones.

Something tells me the Squirrel's days in NE are numbered...and that number ain't very big...

Something tells me the Squirrel's days in NE are numbered...and that number ain't very big...

If that indeed comes to pass, what are the chances that "Squirrel Boy" shows up knocking on Marvin's door with his hat in his hands?

While we're on the subject of ex-Bengals wideouts, I see the Clowns have inked Maurice Mann...

...and according to Florio @ PFT, the Pats have signed WR Troy Brown to a 1-year deal, giving them 13, count 'em 13, WRs: Brown, Randy Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker, Kelley Washington, Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, Chad Jackson, Bam Childress, Jonathan Smith, Kelvin Kight, Chris Dunlap, and C.J. Jones.

Kelly's in the top 5 or 6 of those recievers, he'll stay there for the season. NE needs good hands, Kelly's got em.

Kelly's in the top 5 or 6 of those recievers, he'll stay there for the season. NE needs good hands, Kelly's got em.

So if Kelley gets cut would you want him back considering Henry's suspension?