Season Preview Mags Luv Ravens

HoosierCat

Not being picked as a favorite isn't a bad thing, as the article points out how miserable past predictions have been.

"Last summer's Super Bowl predictions had Athlon picking the Colts over the Panthers, Lindy's picking the Panthers over the Denver Broncos, Pro Football Weekly picking the Panthers over the Colts, Sporting News picking the Pittsburgh Steelers over the Panthers, and Street & Smith's picking the Panthers over the Broncos."

BTW, could there be an easier profession than sportswriting? As long as you have an opinion to express it doesn't matter a bit how often you're wrong. Best, as the article proved, when you can't think of anything to write you can often cobble together an article or two by writing what other sportswriters have written.

It seems every year at about this time these guys can't help themselves from picking Baltimore... <_<

Just like I'll have to help myself from NOT picking their defense this year.

I think Cincy's defense will DO DAMAGE, just like 2005.

BTW, could there be an easier profession than sportswriting?

Meteorology.

Just like I'll have to help myself from NOT picking their defense this year.

I think Cincy's defense will DO DAMAGE, just like 2005.

Scary thought. Although our schedule is middle of the road, we seem to play alot more suspect offenses then defenses this year. If we aren't ranked in the top half in the important defensive categories (Points allowed, Turn-overs, Time of Possession, 3rd down conversions, and red zone efficiency) it will be a very long and disappointing season.

Who Dey !!

I picked up a copy of The Sporting News football preview today (Lucky me, I found a football mag) and it had the Bengals winning the division at 10-6, followed by the Ravens at 9-7, the Steelers at 7-9, and the Browns at 3-13 (I think)... Ludwig did the write up for the Bengals (They have a local guy for each team write) and it appeared pretty good. Didn't like the fact that there was little love for Peko and had Myers as the man (so to speak)... Anyway, fun to read about all the teams while over here !!!

Oh and for the record, the Bengals will finish with at least 11 wins, but I will take 10-6 if it gets us into the playoffs !!!

WHODEY !!!