Who on the Bengals has the biggest gripe about their contract

jditty47

I've been reading about TJ, smith, and oneal that will gripe about thier contract and actually deserve more money and who of the griping players - smith, TJ, O'neal don't deserve it? im sure im missing more players so feel free to list them as well.

Mine would be

Smith deserves a longer contract - but not 8 million a year, 5-6 mill a year over 4.

TJ after he plays his contract out in full. i wouldnt restructure for him, he just redid it 2 years ago and he has 2 more years left on it i believe. i feel they have to resign him, but resigning him again wont be cheap especially the 2nd time after a rookie contract, so im not really sure what they will do...can they afford to pay 2 recievers top 10 money as well as palmer and their Oline?

Oneal - i dont see them resigning him after this year at this point. not after missign all the voluntaries. i would give him 3 more years at 2-3 mill a year, but i know that wont keep him and i know now that they got joseph and hall, there is no chance they keep him.

ill add madieu williams to the list but im not sure if they'll offer him more than the high amount on a 1 year contract right now. hes still up and down and didnt flash last year. if he has a great yar this year i hope they sign him for 4-5 more years at say 3 mill a year.

Madieu is the best player out of all those players you just named Bengal fans however give him the Arod-Lebron treatment and start making up reasons why he cant suceed or is not "clutch enough" or cant be that big name player that his hype would indicate.

I would argue....nobody...yet. Though I have a few candidates for who will have outperformed their deal this time next year (see below). The fact that we have nobody who's outperformed their contract is a reflection of 3 things: 1) The Bengals taking care of their players. 2) None of the players who they haven't re-upped have done that well lately 3) They haven't had great picks, by and large, the last 3 years.

Rudi and TJ recently signed to pretty good contracts. TJ might have outplayed his a bit last year, but not that badly. Justin will get his money, one way or another.

Madieu did not play that well last year, nor did Deltha. Deltha needs to get his ass together. Madieu I'll give the benefit of the doubt - the corners (*cough* Tory *cough*) didn't hold their coverage long enough and that made Madieu look bad on more than one occasion through no fault of his own. He was also recovering from his shoulder injury. However, Tory's gone now and the shoulder should be as good as it'll be, so no more excuses.

Obviously Henry would be the guy who needs a new contract if he could, you know, not get suspended.

Looking forward, if Whitworth ends up being a rock at G, he'll deserve more than last-half-of-the-2nd-round money. If Peko comes along, he could deserve more than 4th.

To pick a couple of wildcards - Jeanty and Brooks. Brooks will look good because, as the MLB, he'll get a lot of cleanup tackles behind our not-so-good DTs. Jeanty because, well, I think he's pretty good and I'm assuming he got paid as a schmuch out of the CFL and he's now a starter.

Who on the Bengals has the biggest gripe about their contract

That's easy ==> all of the season ticket holders that paid COA licensing fees through the end of the lost decade. Despite Marvin's reign of hope and excitement, a rebate and / or future discount is in order.

Question: When does loyalty become stupidity?

Answer: When they both become blind. ^_^

Madieu is the best player out of all those players you just named Bengal fans however give him the Arod-Lebron treatment and start making up reasons why he cant suceed or is not "clutch enough" or cant be that big name player that his hype would indicate.

I don't get this - he missed almost an entire season, and was a starter on the league's worst (or almost) pass defense last year. He was a 3rd round pick who never really had any "hype" outside of Bengaldom when he was drafted.

You must be basing this on potential still, because his production/#'s don't add up to being a bigger contributor than Smith or TJ. And Deltha has been to a Pro Bowl as a starter in the last two years as well...not Madeiu.

If Madeiu returns to early 2005 form - great, but I think he has to actually do it on the field first. He was not very impressive last year at all, for whatever reason(s).

I like him a lot - but he's not even in the top 10-15 of league safeties I believe.

I don't get this - he missed almost an entire season, and was a starter on the league's worst (or almost) pass defense last year. He was a 3rd round pick who never really had any "hype" outside of Bengaldom when he was drafted.

You must be basing this on potential still, because his production/#'s don't add up to being a bigger contributor than Smith or TJ. And Deltha has been to a Pro Bowl as a starter in the last two years as well...not Madeiu.

If Madeiu returns to early 2005 form - great, but I think he has to actually do it on the field first. He was not very impressive last year at all, for whatever reason(s).

I like him a lot - but he's not even in the top 10-15 of league safeties I believe.

Look at the stats homeboy he had better numbers then Ed reed last season, SecondlyDeltha was burned every game he played in oneal is only good when he gets picks thats it he couldnt cover a dead person , Madieu was runover once and then alll of the suddened becomes the Goat of the D. He played in all 16 games had 88 tackels 3 picks and 10pd if thats bad then I must be misssing something. You also tend to forget he Played with Tory Jame and KK both were slow and afraid to tackle. Not to mention the LB situation lat year where we had three different MLB last season. Whitch had more impact on the D in genera then any other psisition.

thats why i mentioned madeiu...he did have a down year last year as far as stats go but this year i see him having another 2005 due to the speed around him now.

don't get this - he missed almost an entire season, and was a starter on the league's worst (or almost) pass defense last year. He was a 3rd round pick who never really had any "hype" outside of Bengaldom when he was drafted.

He wasn't a probowler last year but he was a solid starter ya he got stiffed armed by some RB's but so did our LB's,I don't think he has a reason to gripe about his contract but he's the player i want to see extended most out of those listed because even if he never becomes probowler he's still worthy to be a starter and I much rather see Marvin replace dexter in the future because he seems much more suited for SS.