Madden on a Wii

skyline

You know, almost all of the online reviews I can find are very positive. I'm just hoping to find someone that has some experience with it.

I'm also wondering if there will be any big changes to '08 since '07 was the first attempt with this particular console.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Wii the movement orientated interactive game format? (Sorry, but you yanks are well in advance of us Brits on this type of thing, seems it's released in the States well before coming over here).

Do you put on a helmet and run/tackle/dodge your way through a game (and your front room!) - that would be so cool.

Haha, not quite Scottish...not quite. ^_^

I rented 2007, and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. You have one controller in your right hand and one in your left. You jerk the right controller up to hike the ball, and do a throwing motion to throw it. An easy motion will throw a lob, and a fast motion will throw a bullet. The left controller is used for running...jerking it to the left or right does juke moves. Jerking the right controller left or right does a stiff arm.

There are quite a few other motion controls that I'm forgetting. For example, you call a fair catch by waving your arm over your head.

It's a bit confusing at first, but once you learn the controls it becomes quite natural, and I was impressed at how responsive they were. I was worried that the motion sensor wouldn't pick up jukes, etc., but all of my actions were picked up perfectly. I'll definitely be buying 2008 when it comes out.