Bengals #10 in ESPN Power Rankings

ArmyBengal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking...2007&week=0

Ok, I get the Patriots, Colts, Chargers, and maybe even the Ravens and Bears, but I think we have a better team than the Saints, Broncos, Eagles and Cowboys. I guess considering the 8-8 finish, it's not that bad of a ranking. There were three teams, the Jets, Seahawks, and Chiefs that finished with better records than us ranked lower.

I know, I know, power rankings don't mean sh*t and who really cares ?? However, there is absolutely nothing else to talk about and figured this would make for some good conversation. Who's ranked to low ?? As much as it fills me with joy to see the Browns ranked so low (31), I think they will fare much better this season...

Also add that the realtime rankings of us common folk, had the Bengals at #10...

WHODEY !!!

didnt we beat the saints last year? we are better than the saints...as for the cowboys and eagles the nfc east is always overrated...it will definately be different at the end of the year guaranteed

their offense is better and their defense is better. there's no argument.

I would put them about there...The D needs to improve for the Bengals to improve...Are we a better team than the Saints, Broncos, Eagles,and Cowboys I don't know, we did beat the Saints last year at their place, but they did make the playoffs and to the NFC championship game I think...Out of the teams named, I would have to say we are better than the Cowboys and I don't know if that's because I hate :angry: them so much...

who won head to head...your right there is no argument

you should know one game doesn't determine who is the better team.

((Shrug)) The Bengals are ranked 5th in the AFC which would make them a favorite to make the playoffs, as they did in 2005, and might have again in 2006 under more normal circumstances. Yet even last seasons epic exercise in frustration proved the Bengals are a fringe playoff contender that could easily qualify if only a play or two had turned out differently.

This season will go a long way towards proving how much Lewis has really changed the mindset and culture of this team. In short, will they hungry and focused on regaining or bettering their 2005 form or are they a group that is content with mediocrity and the anonymity that comes with it.

didnt we beat the saints last year? we are better than the saints...as for the cowboys and eagles the nfc east is always overrated...it will definately be different at the end of the year guaranteed

Their offense is better? yes it's rated higher but they also play in the NFC.

Their offense is better? yes it's rated higher but they also play in the NFC.

nfc defenses are just as good as afc defenses

who won head to head...your right there is no argument

you should know one game doesn't determine who is the better team.

Don't tell me you jumped on the Saints bandwagon, the Saints were 1-3 versues the AFC North last year and that one win was a squeaker of a victory over Cleveland (19-14). I'm still missing how the Saints offense is clearly better then the Bengals, our receivers are clearly better then there receivers, there running backs are better then ours. They use the tightend just about the same as us maybe less, and if you say Drew Brees is better then Carson you are smoking dope, plus our offensive line is better then there offensive line so how you came up with there offense is clearly better then ours is baffling to us Bengals fans. I would not go as far as saying that there defense is better then ours, they can't stop the run and you saw how bad Chad was smoking there defensive backs. The Bengals had 35 sacks they had 38, the Bengals had 19 interceptions they had 11, I'm still missing how there defense is clearly better then our defense the are. Now if you measure team defense by yards per game yeah they were better then us but if you go deeper into it and matchup the offensive units the Bengals were playing against compared to the teams they were playing against you might want to rethink that one too. They were playing a last place schedule while we were playing a first place schedule.

I agree with the argument of playing in the NFC. While all teams have to play who is on their schedules, the NFC has CLEARLY been the weaker Conference.

The NFC only had 5 teams finish with better than an 8-8 record:

Chicago 13-3

Philly and NO 10-6

Dallas and Seattle 9-7

Seattle also won the division with that stellar 9-7 record.

I just think the AFC is a MUCH stronger Conference and I also think the Bengals are a better team than the Saints, Eagles, and Cowboys regardless of records. It's not being a homer just look at the crap that happened last year. We are better than #10, but I will sit back and wait for the season, because we won't be staying at #10 for long !!!

WHODEY !!!

I have had a running bet with a Cowboys fan for three years that the Bengals would finish with a better record than the boys and I have lost all three. I'll be making the same bet again this year but they have given me no reason to rank them ahead of the Cowboys yet.

You might want to get some of your money back because the Bengals did finish with a better record then the Cowboys in 2005.

I agree with the argument of playing in the NFC. While all teams have to play who is on their schedules, the NFC has CLEARLY been the weaker Conference.

The NFC only had 5 teams finish with better than an 8-8 record:

Chicago 13-3

Philly and NO 10-6

Dallas and Seattle 9-7

Seattle also won the division with that stellar 9-7 record.

I just think the AFC is a MUCH stronger Conference and I also think the Bengals are a better team than the Saints, Eagles, and Cowboys regardless of records. It's not being a homer just look at the crap that happened last year. We are better than #10, but I will sit back and wait for the season, because we won't be staying at #10 for long !!!

WHODEY !!!

No doubt. I really think you could make a case that only *1* team from the NFC (Chicago) would have made the playoffs in the AFC. I'm not convinced that either Philly or NO would have, though they'd have been in the mix. I don't think there's a chance for Dallas or Philly.

I have had a running bet with a Cowboys fan for three years that the Bengals would finish with a better record than the boys and I have lost all three. I'll be making the same bet again this year but they have given me no reason to rank them ahead of the Cowboys yet.

You might want to get some of your money back because the Bengals did finish with a better record then the Cowboys in 2005.

I was just about to go check some stats because I was thinking the same thing.