Nicholson Arrested for Assault

HoosierCat

I don't know why this is such a big story ?? This guy was a turd when we got him and has done nothing since being here. Cutting this guy seems like the easiest decision the front office ever had to make. I like that it gives other players the chance to show something and get a chance that some asshat has blown...

WHODEY !!!

It's not a big story. It's only making headlines on bengals.com and here. It's not being made into a made-for-tv-movie and they're not talking about it non-stop on ESPN... and that's saying something, being that it's another Bengal arrest. But I don't think it should count against them any more than Askew's did, since he's not going to be on the team.

Well it was on the main page @ ESPN.Com...and was even on the Home page of Yahoo.com...and on the front page of CBSsportsline.com. I think that is making something into a big deal.

I don't know why this is such a big story ?? This guy was a turd when we got him and has done nothing since being here. Cutting this guy seems like the easiest decision the front office ever had to make. I like that it gives other players the chance to show something and get a chance that some asshat has blown...

WHODEY !!!

It's not a big story. It's only making headlines on bengals.com and here. It's not being made into a made-for-tv-movie and they're not talking about it non-stop on ESPN... and that's saying something, being that it's another Bengal arrest. But I don't think it should count against them any more than Askew's did, since he's not going to be on the team.
Well it was on the main page @ ESPN.Com...and was even on the Home page of Yahoo.com...and on the front page of CBSsportsline.com. I think that is making something into a big deal.
I hadn't seen that... but I'll stand by my argument that this is only a story as long as he's on the Bengals roster. It's another "Bengal arrest" which makes it more sexy. He'll be cut, and that should do nothing but make the Bengals look better... not worse.

What a waste of a draft pick.

It was a 5th rounder. Well worth the risk if you ask me. The fact that it didn't work out doesn't make it a total waste, simply because 5th round draft picks are misses more often than hits anyway. Big freaking deal.

What a waste of a draft pick. I had high hopes for him to. Oh well, Odell has even a better chance now which makes me happy

:lmao:

A lot of decent players came after A.J.

For example, Mark Anderson.

Woman now says she hit herself with cell phone

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2877610

The woman who claimed Bengals linebacker A.J. Nicholson assaulted her told reporters at his arraignment Monday that Nicholson never hit her.

"I'm embarrassed to tell you that I was extremely emotional when I contacted police and that caused me to exaggerate what had taken place between A.J. and myself," Victoria Johnson said, according to WLWT-TV in Cincinnati.

Johnson said she was trying to grab a cell phone away from Nicholson and accidently struck herself below her eye.

Nicholson was arrested on a domestic violence charge Friday, the first arrest of a Cincinnati Bengals' player since commissioner Roger Goodell cracked down on misconduct last month.

Nicholson already was one of nine Bengals players arrested during a nine-month span, turning the team into a prime example of player misconduct. The team had gone four months without having a player arrested.

Police in nearby Taylor Mill, Ky., arrested Nicholson after a Johnson called 911 on Friday afternoon to say she had been assaulted by the second-year player. He was charged with fourth-degree assault, a misdemeanor.

Goodell introduced a new conduct policy last month that stiffens penalties and holds franchises responsible when their players get into trouble.

Nicholson, a fifth-round draft pick from Florida State in 2006, appeared in only two games last season, when he had a hamstring injury.

Last March, Nicholson pleaded no contest to burglary and grand theft in Tallahassee, Fla., and was sentenced to two months in a work program. He had been charged with stealing electronic equipment and other items from the apartment of a former Florida State teammate.

Nicholson was also placed on two years' probation, which could be jeopardized by his latest arrest.

Taylor Mill police chief Steve Knauf said a woman called police to Nicholson's apartment at 3:10 p.m. on Friday, saying she had been hit in the face. The officer who responded saw that the woman had an injury by her eye.

Nicholson wasn't at the apartment, but later showed up at the police station and was arrested, Knauf said. He faces up to 12 months in jail and a $500 fine if convicted.

He was jailed in the Kenton County (Ky.) Detention Center following his arrest and released late Friday on $5,000 bond, jail personnel said.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the team had no immediate comment because it was still gathering information on the arrest.

Nicholson was suspended for Florida State's appearance in the 2006 Orange Bowl after he violated team policy by taking a woman to the team's hotel in Miami.

A month after the Bengals drafted him, he faced the criminal charges in Florida. He and another Florida State player, Fred Rouse, were accused of breaking into the apartment of former teammate Lorenzo Booker and stealing items.

Woman now says she hit herself with cell phone

Oh yeah. I do that all the time. My carrier drops the call, then BLAM!! I get so pissed I slam my phone off the side of my head. The only difference is the cops don't get called about it. :rolleyes:

This is absolutely ridiculous, Nicholson either hit her OR she was twatted on the head by a cell-phone assailant who was behind the grassy knoll .........

ONLY 2 GOOD THINGS CAN COME OUT OF THIS....

1. NICHOLSON IS GUILTY AND IT CAME DOWN TO A COURT OF LAW TO INSTILL IN HIM, THAT YOU DON'T EVER PUT YOUR HANDS ON A WOMAN.

OR

2. IF HIS BABY MAMA IS LYING ABOUT THIS INCIDENT, HER CHILDS LIVELYHOOD JUST GOT WASHED DOWN THE BENGALS TOILET. I HOPE SHE LIKES BEING A WAITRESS.

I'M SORRY.....I AM P-M-S-ING TODAY.

I'M SORRY.....I AM P-M-S-ING TODAY.

Far too much information!

Oh well. He's gone now. The Bengals have now gotten rid of 2 offenders, and added a couple of boy scouts. They're getting there and Odell and Henry are 1 mistake away from getting the boot. The whole convict era is about to end. The ship has been righted and we can all move on. Sorry media.