Fly Deltha?

HairOnFire

Note from Lance's blog...

Friday 05-18-2007 8:40am

Sights seen

I'm told Deltha O'Neal was working out on the track at Loveland HS this morning. He showed up mid-morning. He was with a person believed to be his brother as he worked out. A student asked him why he was not at Bengal's voluntary workouts and he said, "those are voluntary, I don't have to go to those."

Gotta love Deltha's attitude <_<

Ehhh. I suppose. But to provide some perspective, consider this, courtesy kffl:

Ravens | Gregg not attending practices

Thu, 17 May 2007 15:45:16 -0700

The Associated Press reports Baltimore Ravens DT Kelly Gregg is not attending the team's voluntary practice sessions.

Ravens | Anderson not attending practices

Thu, 17 May 2007 15:44:41 -0700

The Associated Press reports Baltimore Ravens RB Mike Anderson is not attending the team's voluntary practice sessions.

Ravens | Pryce not attending practices

Thu, 17 May 2007 15:44:13 -0700

The Associated Press reports Baltimore Ravens DE Trevor Pryce is not attending the team's voluntary practice sessions.

Ravens | Rolle not attending practices

Thu, 17 May 2007 15:43:47 -0700

The Associated Press reports Baltimore Ravens CB Samari Rolle is not attending the team's voluntary practice sessions.

Ravens | McAlister not attending practices

Thu, 17 May 2007 15:43:24 -0700

The Associated Press reports Baltimore Ravens CB Chris McAlister is not attending the team's voluntary practice sessions.

Ravens | Reed not attending practices

Thu, 17 May 2007 15:43:03 -0700

The Associated Press reports Baltimore Ravens S Ed Reed is not attending the team's voluntary practice sessions.

Ravens | Flynn not attending practices

Thu, 17 May 2007 15:42:44 -0700

The Associated Press reports Baltimore Ravens C Mike Flynn is not attending the team's voluntary practice sessions.

Ravens | Ogden not attending practices

Thu, 17 May 2007 15:42:13 -0700

The Associated Press reports Baltimore Ravens OT Jonathan Ogden is not attending the team's voluntary practice sessions.

Ravens | Suggs not attending practices

Thu, 17 May 2007 15:41:43 -0700

The Associated Press reports Baltimore Ravens LB Terrell Suggs is not attending the team's voluntary practice sessions.

Ravens | Lewis not attending practices

Thu, 17 May 2007 15:41:05 -0700

The Associated Press reports Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis is not attending the team's voluntary practice sessions.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhh. I suppose. But to provide some perspective, consider this, courtesy kffl:

Interesting. Though I would ask how many of those guys had 2 rookies drafted in the first round at their position last 2 years, and how many were suspended last year. Some guys have some more room for error. Also, from that list, it appears that the first Baltimore camp must be practically rookie only. The Bengals are expected to be at camp unless they have a good reason to be away.

Hell with him. It's his career. If he doesn't have the will to fight for his starting job, I won't be crying for him.

Juvenile......and you're such a big boy.

Eh? Are you bringing my age into question? Well, it's certainly true that the sun has revolved around the Earth more times during your existence than it has during my own. What's your point?

I called Daugherty juvenile because much of his writing is so absurd that only a junior high school student could possibly be responsible.

I compared you to him in that sense because when you complain about Mike Brown (especially while derailing unrelated threads), you sound just like him.

Arguing that MB is terrible is sort of like arguing that hot water is hot, or sex is good.

If "terrible" means that he hired bad coaches and contributed to drafting bad players over a long stretch... then sure.

If "terrible" means that he is "cheap"... well that's absolutely juvenile, and it is very arguable.

The entire free world knows this, except here in Pleasantville. My bad, everything is faaaaaantastic. It's just some kind of weird coincidence that the Bengals have had one of the worst runs in the history of sports under your man's leadership. Thanks to years of futility, the Bengals have a pretty solid core. It sure would be nice to land some quality free agents to get them over the hump. We probably offer them too much money and that's why they sign elsewhere. They are just overwhelmed with Mikey's generosity, and that probably scares them away. Why is Deltha unhappy? Because he wants to be paid. There's a shocker!

Go ahead and get back to me when you're arguing with statements I've actually made rather than assumptions you've created on your own.

Probably. Remember, Keiwan and Greg Brooks are both UFAs next year, and neither has done anything to earn more than a lovely parting gift. That leaves the Bengals with JJoe, Hall, career special teamer Blue Adams...and Deltha. Even if they smooth Deltha's ruffled feathers, they're still going to need a viable fourth corner option in case any of the top three get hurt.

I think it all depends on how Marvin and Co. feel about Keiwan. If they're half as down on him as most of the Bengals' fan base, he'll be gone and corner will certainly be a high priority next offseason. I suspect they view him as at least a passable dimeback and backup, however, and if they resign him I doubt they'll look for another corner high in the draft unless a top prospect falls unexpectedly. I don't think Greg Brooks staying or leaving will make much difference, if any. He never did anything noteable anyways.

Then again, if Deltha is traded/cut/whatever, then corner will definitely be a big deal next offseason regardless of what else happens.

Roll call: Minicamp's in session

By Adam Schefter

Special to NFL.com

ANOTHER ABSENTEE

Attendance at Cincinnati's voluntary Organized Team Activities revealed that Bengals cornerback Deltha O'Neal has been absent this week, missing three days of drills and counting.

O'Neal is in the process of switching agents, which is nothing new to him. Since he entered the NFL in 2000, O'Neal has had at least three different agents -- James Sims, Michael Sullivan, Joby Branion. Now O'Neal is in the process of choosing his fourth, if that decision hasn't been made already.

Earlier this offseason, O'Neal wanted a new contract to replace the one that has two years remaining on it with the Bengals. At the same time, Cincinnati discussed dealing O'Neal to Atlanta.

So O'Neal is in search of a new contract, Cincinnati is in search of improvements to its 31st-rated pass defense last season, the Bengals have shopped him, and O'Neal has been a no show for OTA's.

It all makes it, at best, uncertain that O'Neal will return to Cincinnati, where the Bengals have used their past two first-round draft picks on cornerbacks, Johnathan Joseph last year and Leon Hall this year.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10186284

Damn AB how much $ iz dat :P ...I would not give DO'Neal any $ I mean for what ??? 1 good year with the team, always hurt, and you have 2 not 1, but 2 years remaining on a contract...When the talk of shut down or just best CB's in the league is mentioned, do any of you ever say or think DO'Neal's name, I mean I don't, he is just not consistant enough with it for me, give me a guy who does it year in and year out, not some 1 hit wonder...That being said I would still keep him on the team, unless it became a distraction, then I believe you try and get the best/most value you can...

That was my obviously poor attempt at sarcasm. Deltha deserves NOTHING from this team outside of the chance to come back and play. Anyone who thinks he really deserves more cash might be so inclined to see if Akili wants to be the backup for Carson. Might as well throw some cash at someone else who didn't do sh*t last year and b*tches about how he was mistreated by the team !!!

WHODEY !!!

Deltha just keeps making Mikey's day :lol:

from da site...

A NFL source said O’Neal, the Bengals starting cornerback who missed last week, has hired the California-based Steve Feldman. Feldman, best known in Bengaldom as Corey Dillon’s agent when the club traded him to New England before the 2004 draft, couldn’t be reached for comment.