Oh Please Let This Be True!

As a result (of the new offense), Ben could end up throwing something like 30 touchdowns and 12 interceptions...

I think you got you numbers mixed up there. If the guy throws 30 times a game, he will easily average 3 picks a game as well. I'd be surprised under those circumstances if he ends the season with fewer than 30 INTs.

Bump. I just wanted to point out, because I am so rarely correct, that I was actually completely right about this. His numbers through 15 games: 27 passing attempts per game - 32 TD - 11 INT

**pats self on back**

That said, I hope the Steelers get their asses waxed come playoff time. :sure:

Yup, Ben did top 30 TDs. But IMHO that has less to do with the alleged new offense (I say alleged because, as it turns out, the offense never really changed) and more to do with 3 big games by Big Jen: the opener against the Frye Browns, the Denver shootout (which they lost) and their first meeting with the horrid Ravens. Jen threw 13 TDs in those 3 games. In the other 12, he's thrown 19.

Ben had a good year and his QB rating was great at 104.1 to this point. He's thown for a 3154 yards, but what I found suprising is, for as big as he is and the Steelers running the ball the way they do, Big Ben is second only to Kitna in how many times he's been sacked... I was suprised at his Pro-Bowl selection as well. Good for him, but suprised...

WHODEY !!!

Bump. I just wanted to point out, because I am so rarely correct, that I was actually completely right about this. His numbers through 15 games: 27 passing attempts per game - 32 TD - 11 INT

**pats self on back**

Props. I just reread the thread and I agree you nailed things pretty well. To be perfectly honest I didn't do too badly myself, but I expressed more doubts in Roethlisberger than you did.

Ben's proven a great deal this season...at the very least enough that the Steelers can now commit to him with far more confidence than would have been possible after his previous season OR if Cowher had stayed and kept the training wheels on.

All things considered, I'm looking forward to watching Palmer and Big Ben battle it out for another decade.