Madieu Williams

J24

I agree that some people are making far too much out of Maroney making Madieu his bitch, but in my opinion the guilty party are his supporters. Yeah, the Maroney play was just that, one very bad play. But there were countless other examples that weren't quite as spectacularly bad, and combined with the lack of big plays made by Williams it's hardly a stretch to claim that he had a poor season. In fact, if anyone needs to defend their opinions I'd say it's those who mention the words Pro Bowl and Madieu Williams in the same sentence.

Frankly, Williams has flashed what he's capable of and if he returns to form then he can very easily become a very valuable player once again. But like it or not we haven't seen Madieu Williams play like an impact player in quite some time. In fact, it's fair to say that Williams was vastly outplayed by Kevin Kaesviharn last season....and K2 is no longer a Bengal.

The better Madeiu plays, and the more he commands, the less likely the Bengals' are to re-sign such a player.

I strongly disagree. In my opinion this is absolutely a make or break season for Madieu Williams, but the real question isn't if the Bengals will pay him if he plays well, but if he can still play at a high enough level to entice them to commit to him as their FS of the future. And there's the rub because if he repeats his performance from last season I'll argue that they'd be well served to move on....and that's not an easy thing to say.