OJ gets the boot

OJ Simpson and his group was denied service at Jeff Ruby's restaurant in Louisville following the Kentucky Derby last weekend. Mr. Ruby declined to serve Simpson due to his past and out of respect for the Goldman and Brown families. Simpson's lawyer suggested race played a part in this and has threatened to call attention to Ruby's liquor license.

I think it was a brave and noble thing to do. :cheers:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/05/09/simpson.snub.ap/

OJ Simpson and his group was denied service at Jeff Ruby's restaurant in Louisville following the Kentucky Derby last weekend. Mr. Ruby declined to serve Simpson due to his past and out of respect for the Goldman and Brown families. Simpson's lawyer suggested race played a part in this and has threatened to call attention to Ruby's liquor license.

Supposedly his daughter is marrying a player on the Bengals, I wonder which one?

O.J. is stupid, I saw this guy on TV One that went to school at USC and played with O.J. in the

NFL, he said that O.J. told him one time that if you see me with a black woman from now on (after his first divorce) I'm

only holding her for the police. That's ignorant for a white man to say but when you are a black man

and you come from a black woman that raised you and you have a daughter that's black, I don't have a word to describe what that is.

I'm tired of hearing about O.J. who cares if he was denied entrance to that place, just please make him

go away fast, why take the time to report on such dumb stuff.

OJ is a scumbag, but isn't what Mr. Ruby did illegal? The ACLU could definitely persue legal action if they so choose, this could get interesting.

OJ got with murder, but he's not the only guy in history to do that. To me he's like Barry Bonds, they both are or did get away doing something illegal but everyone acts like they first and only people in history to do such a thing. Hundreds maybe thousands of baseball players have used steriods, but Bonds is only guy who was successful enough to make a run at Aaron's record. OJ killed Nicole and her boyfriend but rich people have been buying their way out of trouble for quite some time, in America celebrities live by different set of rules.

Maybe OJ was looking for the killer in the resturant or better yet he needed a hearty meal so he could have plenty of energy to resume his never ending search for the real killer.

OJ is a scumbag, but isn't what Mr. Ruby did illegal? The ACLU could definitely persue legal action if they so choose, this could get interesting.

OJ got with murder, but he's not the only guy in history to do that. To me he's like Barry Bonds, they both are or did get away doing something illegal but everyone acts like they first and only people in history to do such a thing. Hundreds maybe thousands of baseball players have used steriods, but Bonds is only guy who was successful enough to make a run at Aaron's record. OJ killed Nicole and her boyfriend but rich people have been buying their way out of trouble for quite some time, in America celebrities live by different set of rules.

I'm sure Ruby can point to the fact that he's served thousands of African American customers at his various restaurants, and the only one that he's ever denied service to is one that just happens to have killed two people. So no dice. I'm sure he has that right.

I applaud anyone who fights the notion that you contend, that celebs get special treatment. Screw that.

I'm sure Ruby can point to the fact that he's served thousands of African American customers at his various restaurants, and the only one that he's ever denied service to is one that just happens to have killed two people. So no dice. I'm sure he has that right.

I applaud anyone who fights the notion that you contend, that celebs get special treatment. Screw that.

I'm not saying Ruby did was racist, I'm saying denying someone service because you have a personal grudge against them is the problem. Hell, I'm sure if O.J. could turn himself into a white man he would, but you guys don't want him anymore :D .

Also the only people who don't think celebs live by a different set of rules are celebs. You can't honestly tell me that if Chris Henry wasn't in the NFL that his ass would be locked up along time ago, hell for that stunt he pulled in Orlando if he was just some tall black kid with no NFL connections his ass would be in the big house right now.

As a owner of my own restaurant, I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. If I refuse service to all "fill in the blank" people, then I will indeed run afoul of state & federal law. However, I can single out an individual and ask them to leave. It may not be good for business, but I can certainly do it. OJ's lawyer is trolling for a settlement from Mr. Ruby. He has no case.

Only groups that were historically discriminated against under the color of law are extended protection from discrimination and only for discriminating based on the immuteable charactoristic that entitles them to protection. I dont think this was racist but you have to wonder about the fact that ruby is jewish and OJ cut up a fellow hebrew. Oh and people who commit murder are usally not entitled to anything.

not try to defend oj but last i checked he was found not guilty. if i was oj i would sue and own that resturant. then the owner claims it was out of respect for the family's. well ron goldman dad is a bigger scumbag then oj all he cared about was getting paid for his sons death. his son seperated his self from there family because of his dad. but ron's dad was the first to get a lawyer and go after oj money's. my point is don't turn away 1 scum bag for another. and race more than likley did have some thing to do with it.

...well ron goldman dad is a bigger scumbag then oj...

Seriously? The vengeful father is worse than the man who killed the son?

The story I heard was that any money OJ wins in a lawsuit goes to Goldman and Goldman has already made a gentleman's agreement to give the money back.

The story I heard was that any money OJ wins in a lawsuit goes to Goldman and Goldman has already made a gentleman's agreement to give the money back.

yes when all u care about is getting paided more than your owns sons death that is a huge f**king scumbag who is on the level or worst than oj! and oj has not got any money back and they took his hiesman trophy. there no gentelmans agreement where in the hell did u make that up from.

not try to defend oj but last i checked he was found not guilty. if i was oj i would sue and own that resturant. then the owner claims it was out of respect for the family's. well ron goldman dad is a bigger scumbag then oj all he cared about was getting paid for his sons death. his son seperated his self from there family because of his dad. but ron's dad was the first to get a lawyer and go after oj money's. my point is don't turn away 1 scum bag for another. and race more than likely did have some thing to do with it.

Nicole Simpson has a family too. They lost their daughter too. And I think OJ was found not guilty in the criminal trial but was found guilty in the civil trial.

Also I don't think Mr. Goldman was there to have dinner that night was he? OJ Simpson was, so Ruby wasn't concerned about anyone else but OJ at that point.

yes when all u care about is getting paided more than your owns sons death that is a huge f**king scumbag who is on the level or worst than oj! and oj has not got any money back and they took his hiesman trophy. there no gentelmans agreement where in the hell did u make that up from.

The agreement was between Goldman and Ruby, but OJ has moved on because of the this agreement as he was going to sue the s**t out of Ruby and probably win.