Two wasted draft picks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first wasted draft pick I think everybody would agree with me on is taking Jeff Rowe in the 5th round, when you could have signed a rookie free agent that is just as good.

The thing that bugged me about the Rowe pick (aside from the fact that there were several far better-known QBs available at that spot, not that that means anything) is that we've had several young QBs (Bramlet, Meyer, the Craig Krenzel Experience) who seemed to have performed well enough prior to being cut in favor of the veteran guys who all of a sudden have fallen out of favor. I thought Bramlet was a decent backup -- and a 7th rounder. Is Jeff Rowe going to be better?

I agree here I thought Bramlet would have made a nice backup for many seasons. I dont think Meyer has been given a chance yet and now they have Rowe also.

To update you all on how several former young Bengal backup QBs are faring in Europe...

http://nfl.com/news/story/10181548

Hopefully Rowe never gets sent to Siberia, er, I mean Europe...

3. DELTHA IS FINE and can be a productive player for at least another 2, probably 3 seasons. Why does no one ever say a positive word about this guy now? IT'S ALL "what if...insert negative comment regarding Deltha." If Deltha had had a decent 2006 season, I GUARANTEE that NO ONE would have been yacking about the Bengals needing a CB this year. Guy had a "down" year and everyone thinks he'll now turn into Tory James, he won't. If I was Deltha I'd be pissed, the Bengals have given him the finger, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave it back.

???