Ndukwe makes the team

He's a cornerback though,this is how I see the roster coming down to be 5 CB's 5 S's

CB:Joseph,Hall,Oneal with Brooks,Ratliff,blue, etc fighting for last 2 spots,I'd say Ratliff and Brooks are the guys till brook's get's injured in preseason then blue will take his spot.

FS:Madieu,Kilmer

SS:Dexter,White with Ndukwe having the last spot

-Busing and Jones very will could be in Ndukwe's place but I like him.

I think Ratliff may be a lot closer to the bubble than anyone has said here. Last year there was talk about him stepping up but by the end of training camp you heard nothing about him.

We've signed another 1st round corner, who will undoubtably take the nickle job away just as JoJo did last year. We just signed a CB/ST and drafted 2 Safetys. His contract is up in a year, what upside does Kiewan Ratliff have?

I wonder if Ratliff was one of the ones Marvin meant when he mentioned complaining about his role on the team.

I've never hated Ratliff as much as the masses here. I actually kind of like him. I don't want to see him start under any circumstances... but he's a serviceable back-up.

As far as Ndukwe making the team... alright. Fine by me. Although I don't see him unseating Herena-Daze Jones. His ST impact is under-rated.

I've never hated Ratliff as much as the masses here. I actually kind of like him. I don't want to see him start under any circumstances... but he's a serviceable back-up.

As far as Ndukwe making the team... alright. Fine by me. Although I don't see him unseating Herena-Daze Jones. His ST impact is under-rated.

Agreed on both points.

I don't hate Ratliff. I'm just trying to read the tea leaves.

I think his situation is similar to Kelley Washington. He's Ok at his main job - but not starter quality. His special teams contribution is marginal - we'd rather have a better PR. So if we get into the last cuts and he's the fourth corner and the second PR, do we cut someone like Blue or Ndukwe who might be a great ST player or Ratliff?

I don't think Marvin underrates ST. Thats why 'marginal' players like KK or Kevin Walter were solidly on the roster year after year while higher rated players came and went.

If we have some injuries Kiewan may stick for another year. But I don't think the Bengals will try and retain him after his rookie contract is up. And given all the moves, he may not make it that long.

I think Ratliff may be a lot closer to the bubble than anyone has said here. Last year there was talk about him stepping up but by the end of training camp you heard nothing about him.

We've signed another 1st round corner, who will undoubtably take the nickle job away just as JoJo did last year. We just signed a CB/ST and drafted 2 Safetys. His contract is up in a year, what upside does Kiewan Ratliff have?

I wonder if Ratliff was one of the ones Marvin meant when he mentioned complaining about his role on the team.

I would say so, does anyone remember a couple weeks before the end of the season when Keiwan aka "Dancing with the Stars" Ratliff did an interview with I think was Chick Ludwig, not sure, about how he wanted more playing time and the like. A coach like Marvin can't be happy with a guy going to the press complaining about his role and not proving he should play by practicing and playing harder. I thought Keiwan was going to be a good pickup after his rookie year but he has degressed and some of the comments he's made lately makes me wonder if he really wants to be apart of the team.

Last pre-season he was too inconsistant, he would get a int and then get burnt for the touchdown. It doesn't seem like he responds well to coaching, meaning he goes on the field and plays off of instinct instead of trying to play fundamentally sound football like the coaches want him to do. I wouldn't be surprised if he got cut, I mean back to back 1st round picks at your position can't make you feel secure about your spot on the team.

Gap - thanx for the great link. I'm constantly amazed by well-written articles in quality newspapers - I have become too acustomed to the Zinzinnati Inquisitor !

Gap - thanx for the great link. I'm constantly amazed by well-written articles in quality newspapers - I have become too acustomed to the Zinzinnati Inquisitor !

I enjoyed reading that article, too. I read the Enquirer and Post almost everyday but Bill Koch and Lonnie Wheeler are the only writers I like.