Position Battles in Georgetown

J24

Posistion battles  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What posistion battle are you looking foward to the most this training camp?

• 3rd safety Kilmer Vs White
    • Nickle Back Hall Vs rattlif
    • 3rd Wr Brazil vs Chatman vs Perry vs Holt

I voted for Hall/Ratliff precisely because it isn't going to be a battle. That alone tells you how much of a need pick it was. I not only think Hall will play early and often, but if he developes as quickly as Jonathan Joseph managed to do he could easily challenge Deltha for playing time by mid-season. Or even from day one.

I'm most curious to see how our LB position will pan out. We suddenly have a large glut of players to sort through.

Hartwell, Brooks, Johnson, Jeanty, Miller, followed by a few UDFAs highlighted by Everett. Anyone I'm leaving out?

Then, if you're optimistic, you can throw Odell into the mix.

I'm most curious to see how our LB position will pan out. We suddenly have a large glut of players to sort through.

Hartwell, Brooks, Johnson, Jeanty, Miller, followed by a few UDFAs highlighted by Everett. Anyone I'm leaving out?

Then, if you're optimistic, you can throw Odell into the mix.

Nicholson, Frazier, and Henderson.

I think all of these guys can contribute on special teams and could possiblely get some actually defensive snaps.

Nicholson was a good college lb who fell in the draft due to character concerns, when healthy he can play some ball. Going into his senior year he had a 2nd round grade before he got hurt and arrested, plus he's the son of a NFL player so it's in his genes.

Frazier was out of football for almost a year before we signed him, so it took him awhile to get back into football shape. Frazier is very athletic and he made a few plays for the steelers before he got into it with Cowher and was cut.

Henderson has value rushing the passer and a team can never have enough guys who can do that. The Wretched One will tell everything you need to know about Henderson, he was sack artist in college getting the same amount of sacks in the same conference as last year #1 overall pick Mario Williams. If he's able to improve his foot work and recognition he could have a career at LB, look at all those DE Marvin turned into lb's in Balt.

Where's Rowe vs. Palmer?!?! :lmao:

He's not a Buckeye,If he was it would be listed :o

Don't forget, Whitworth vs Stacy. That will be like two bull rams going at it. I'm not convinced Whitworth will win it either.

Almost like saying Keiwan has a chance of beating out hall.

I think the greatest battle will be Katie Blackburn with Hall's agent to get him signed and even into camp...

Hopfully after she nailed down JJoe before came she can pull it off again with Hall.

Only real position battle I'm concerned with is 3rd WR. Tab will get it but I would like to see Brazell give him a run for his money.

I think it will be a tie,Tab will be used because of his flexabilty where brazzell will get time because of his speed.

PS,Chatman will be 5th/6th WR at GB.

There will be huge fights across the board to MAKE this club in camp:

Safeties behind Williams and Jackson (could very well be that Jackson might find himself getting out-played)

Corner. Are you kidding me? A fight between Rat and Hall? No way. There will be a major fight between Hall and O'Neal! Deltha better get a fire lit, cause Hall is gonna take his position if he is not careful.

LB, what does the starting rotation look like and who gets the bulk of the playing time? Do we stay healthy? Do we get Thurman and/or Pollack back?

What does the rotation at DT and DE look like? Fanene is healthy now so he may push someone.

TEs... What can the 6'8'' Guenther do? He played with Carson at SC, so Carson should be comfortable with him.

WideOut... Does Brazell have the speed and did he do his studying during his time on the IR and off-season? What about McNeal? Did he learn and is he working his ass off? What about Tab? Can Chatman hold his own and keep the 3rd/4th slot? can he even keep the return job?

RB...How quickly does Chris Perry get healthy?

OL? How does the center position sort itself out? Guard? Are the Tackles healthy and ready to go? Will we have the same injury problems on the OL as we had last year? It won't be so pretty if we do.

That is my take.