ed hartwell

bengalsfan17

Here we go with the Odell thing again... Still don't have a wager offer about how much of an impact her will have this year. I'm saying NONE !!! I'll offer 10,000,000 BengalsZone Dollars he won't have a big impact this year. Will he play ?? I'm thinking yes and hope he does well, but to think he's going to take the starters spot by any means than injury is wishful thinking at best...

I love the Hartwell direction we seem to be traveling in !!!

WHODEY !!!

I'm saying your wrong, bet me whatever I have... I'll even give you 2:1 odds! Odell, Brooks, Hartwell could be one of the scariest LB'ing core in the NFL.

if odell keeps his nose clean and comes back he is hands down the best linebacker on this team, and players with o'dell's talents do not sit on the bench period. so unless some how the layoff has taking it's toll on o'dell or he is not in shape then maybe he won't play but if he has a good camp and is fit he will play and start. brooks is still a big ? too. brooks got benched in favor of caleb. then the coaches say o it's cause he don't help on special teams bullcrap. it's because he could not drop in to coverage. theer's hartwell a fine player once but he has been hurt for 2 years now how healthy is he? then there's genty he is not bad at all but i would like to see the pass rusher they were selling before he came here. johnson and miller are fillers capable of spot starts but nothing special no impact player between the 2 of them. then pollack we should just move on if he can come back all the better but we are at least a year from knowing anything on him. then there frazier and aj ,frazier s/t and can play some but that's it nothing special there. i was high on aj he was real good at Florida state then did not play at all really. so are l'bs are still a major question mark that does have some talent. but will they boom or bust? i am praying for a boom a big one!

brooks got benched in favor of caleb.

Brooks actually got injured, and Miller played so well as the MLB he kept the job. Also consider that Brooks wasn't actually calling the plays from the MLB position. Caleb Miller was calling the pays from the WSLB position, because Brooks was both a rookie, and was very late to learn the system as a supplementary pick.

Brooks isn't a question mark anymore. Everyone knows what he can do physically, and he's lost weight showing he's back in football shape. He's been learning the system all off-season, and I have more confidence in him than I do Odell. Thurman was out of position all the time, and taking a full year off of football didn't magically fix that problem.

Brooks is the better athlete, is more fresh in the system, and maybe most importantly, isn't in Marvin's doghouse. Odell hasn't even been reinstated yet, and is a single slip-up from another year vacation. I don't see him getting the coaching staff to trust him again for a long while.

Why is everything seemingly about Odell? (not talking about your post, derek, but the ones above that) He's not here, and he may never be here again. If he shows up, is reinstated, is in shape, etc. etc., perhaps then he will be worth talking about. Until then? Not so much.

I am all for Hartwell coming here, and hope it happens. I will feel much better about the LB corp with him on it, if that comes to pass.

Landon Johnson isn't Lawrence Taylor but he is a very good linebacker. I think he has finished top three in tackles all three years here. I would take him before Miller.

I think Landon would be great for a top 10 defense as a role player.

However for us he's just another spot that's holding us back. Yes he makes tackles but he's not making impact tackles and his coverage skills leave plenty to be desired.

Regardless, having Ahmad with a year under his belt and better understanding of the team and NFL environment in general will be a massive improvement.