Undrafted Free Agent Signings

Spor_tees

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind Everett coming in at all... If nothing else, he creates more competition at the position.

I don't remember what was the knock on him ??

WHODEY !!!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/everett_earl

Has good weight-room figures, but his frame appears too lean and his strength fails to translate to the field when working along the line (gets pushed and walled off due to a lack of bulk) … Gets by mostly on his athletic ability and quickness; he is slow to locate the ball in tight quarters and lacks a feel for zone coverage; he will bite on play-action and misdirection … Needs several reps to retain plays and might not be able to digest a complicated playbook … Gets covered up too much when trying to shoot the inside rush lanes and needs to be more active with his hands to keep the bigger blockers from getting under his jersey … Because of his size, some teams might consider him a middle-linebacker prospect, but he does a poor job of making reads and is not the type you want calling assignments (best when allowed to roam and play off the line) … Has good upper-body strength and can mirror the receiver, but needs to be more aggressive with his hands in attempts to press and reroute the opponent … More of a finesse type who prefers to run around and avoid blocks rather than blowing up into the opponent … Has the speed to make explosive breaks on the ball, but needs to play with better control; he often over-pursues the play … Looks lost tracking the ball in flight, making him a liability playing deep in the secondary … Has marginal hands, double-catching or letting the ball into his body … Despite his good leaping ability, he doesn't always time his leaps to get to the ball at its high point (12 pass deflections in 49 games).

But I don't know. This guy had him projected in the 3rd round:

http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=27&a=98

He's certainly worth a shot.

Did anyone take Brent Celek?

I just saw this over at the enquirer's site:

Celek, a second-team all-Big East selection who holds UC career records for receptions (91), touchdowns (14) and receiving yards (1,135) for a tight end, said he has drawn interest from the Bengals, Bears, Jaguars, Seahawks and Eagles.

Did anyone take Brent Celek?

I just saw this over at the enquirer's site:

Celek, a second-team all-Big East selection who holds UC career records for receptions (91), touchdowns (14) and receiving yards (1,135) for a tight end, said he has drawn interest from the Bengals, Bears, Jaguars, Seahawks and Eagles.

Yes... he was selected a few picks after the Bengals took a QB in round 5. I liked Celek a lot as a possible 6th rounder, but he was gone.

Earl Everett on his way to town, per Curnutte

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/

Curnutte calls him an inside linebacker... but I'm pretty sure he's a WSLB. That's why I had high hopes for him. Maybe not right away, but I could see him landing the starting WSLB job for the Bengals.

Clearly he's not as good as most of us thought he was, or else he'd have been drafted - so maybe I'm way off... but a guy can dream can't he?

The Bengals college free agent signings are surfacing in published reports around the country Monday and a collegiate source has confirmed that Georgetown College quarterback Jeff Smith has signed on for at least a training camp at home.

Pantagraph.com has reported that lllinois State linebacker Cameron Siskowic is in the fold, The Honolulu Advertiser is saying that Hawaii right tackle Dane Uperesa has signed, and The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Florida linebacker Earl Everett is headed to Cincinnati for this weekend’s rookie camp at Paul Brown Stadium.

Also, INS News is reporting that the Bengals have also signed BYU tight end Daniel Coats.

The club isn’t expected to release the complete list until Tuesday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------LB Everett and TE Coats are among the top undrafted FA's

The Bengals college free agent signings are surfacing in published reports around the country Monday and a collegiate source has confirmed that Georgetown College quarterback Jeff Smith has signed on for at least a training camp at home.

Pantagraph.com has reported that lllinois State linebacker Cameron Siskowic is in the fold, The Honolulu Advertiser is saying that Hawaii right tackle Dane Uperesa has signed, and The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Florida linebacker Earl Everett is headed to Cincinnati for this weekend’s rookie camp at Paul Brown Stadium.

Also, INS News is reporting that the Bengals have also signed BYU tight end Daniel Coats.

The club isn’t expected to release the complete list until Tuesday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------LB Everett and TE Coats are among the top undrafted FA's

Thats From Bengals.com --

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6024

I love the Everett pick up. Every year a couple players make an impact on an active roster, and I think Everett has the pass rushing and coverage skills to make the roster. He's PS material at the very least.

As for not picking Siler, Marvin said something in one of the press conference's about taking players that could still improve, that they believed hadn't reached their ceiling yet.

More names from Hobson...

On Monday night, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that Missouri defensive end Xzavie Jackson is headed to Cincinnati and The Sporting News reported the signing of two ACC players in North Carolina wide receiver Jesse Holley and Wake Forest defensive end Bryan Andrews.

Xzavie? :lol: Maybe they are just picking by weird name...

Not a bad prospect tho...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/nflco...e.php?pyid=8361

According to FoxSports ( FoxSports Best Available ) the top 250 players undrafted:

95 Daniel Bazuin DE 6-3 272 Central Michigan

120 Kenny Scott CB 6-01 179 Georgia Tech

125 Anthony Arline CB 6-2 194 Baylor

132 Earl Everett OLB 6-02 234 Florida

145 Darius Walker RB 5-10 212 Notre Dame

151 Nate Harris OLB 6-00 230 Louisville

159 Tim Duckworth OG 6-03 304 Auburn

161 Rory Johnson OLB 6-00 237 Mississippi

163 Joe Newton TE 6-06 257 Oregon State

169 Jared Zabransky QB 6-2 203 Boise State

170 Rhema McKnight WR 6-02 211 Notre Dame

173 Tala Esera OT 6-02 308 Hawaii