• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Michael Allan in the 7th round.

Michael Allan

TE | (6'6", 255, 4.71) | WHITWORTH

Scouts Grade: 64

View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History

You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Is fast enough to work the seam and tracks the ball well. Shows adequate awareness and flashes the ability to locate soft spots against zone coverage. Played basketball, times jumps well and can catch the ball at the highest point. Uses frame to shield defenders from the ball, competitive and can make the tough catch in traffic. Focused, has strong hands and rarely drops balls that should catch. Can line up in the slot or out wide and is versatile. Runs hard, flashes the ability to pick up yards after contact and can be productive after the catch. Has adequate size and can comfortable add bulk to frame.

Weaknesses: Takes too long to reach top speed and is going to have a hard time getting behind the defense when gets slowed down at the line of scrimmage. Doesn't explode out of cuts and isn't a crisp short-to-intermediate route runner. Isn't going to make many defenders miss and isn't much of a homerun threat after the catch. Fails to deliver a violent initial punch and isn't going to knock many defenders back. Plays too high, lacks the lower body strength to drive defensive ends off the ball and should have some problems sustaining blocks. Played at a Division III school and there is some concern about ability to make the jump to the NFL.

Overall: Allen arrived at Whitworth as a wide receiver in 2002 and was redshirted. He then played in 25 contests in 2003, 2004, and 2005 amassing 65 receptions for 1,102 yards (17 average) and 20 touchdowns, earning first team All-NWC honors in 2004 and 2005. In 2006, he plays all 12 contests hauling in 53 passes for 1,100 yards (20.8 average) and nine touchdowns, garnering a first team Division III All-American accolade.

Allan lacks ideal explosiveness and is a marginal-at-best in line blocker but there's a lot to like about his blend of size, hands and top-end speed. He projects as a fourth or fifth round pick due to his developmental upside.

David Ball WOO!!

:sure:

I say burn the last 7 on Jeff Samardzija...

Someone will do it. I don't know if it will be us, but surely someone will.

Alright, nothing else is working...

I'm going with Manumana!

Lucy Draper: I'm an Armadillo just like the others.

Manumana: You're an Armadillo, but not like the others.

Lucy Draper: You're alright Manu.

Chuck Neiderman: That was a clean kick to the face mask.

Chuck Neiderman: Krimm breaks into the backfield. Fumble, FUMBALAYA, FUMBLERUSKI! Manumana falls on the football!

...from Necessary Roughness!

:lmao::lmao:

:cheers:

I'll take Mansfield Wrotto, OG, Ga. Tech

Cancel Wrotto, he was listed as still available, but I see Seattle took him in the 4th...

I want a TE and a LB here, and it'd be super if one of them can also long snap

Why? Just so we can waste 2 draft picks on guys who have no shot to make the team?

So are you saying that 7th round picks never make the team?

Players like TJ Whosyourmama?

Ok, cool, sorry I even offerred my opinion....and I thank you for clarifying this point.

I want a TE and a LB here, and it'd be super if one of them can also long snap

Why? Just so we can waste 2 draft picks on guys who have no shot to make the team?

So are you saying that 7th round picks never make the team?

Players like TJ Whosyourmama?

Ok, cool, sorry I even offerred my opinion....and I thank you for clarifying this point.

I never said that.

I want Dan Mozes from WVU

I'm cool w/ Mozes, would just like one of these last two picks to be an OL... Wouldnt mind any of these OT's either:

Dan Uperesa, Hawaii

Julius Wilson, UAB

Chase Johnson, Wyoming

I want McKnight! Probably won't happen with all the great depth we have at the WR position but it would be awesome. Wasn't he supposed to be a third or fourth round pick?