4th Round: Marvin White

ArmyBengal

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks duffman, nice video wrap-up.

I am loving the 6'2" with room to add weight without losing speed part of his report. That's a big dude back at SS down the road. Very nice. I like that he is not at his ceiling yet too, room to improve, good things.

I wish he wasnt 24 years old. Two of our picks Iron, White are 24 years old. Little old to get started

The panty-bunching continues unabated. Unclench before the cotton tickles the back of your throat...

I wish he wasnt 24 years old. Two of our picks Iron, White are 24 years old. Little old to get started

The panty-bunching continues unabated. Unclench before the cotton tickles the back of your throat...

Yes sir you are quite the comic, how bout you shut your f**king mouth

Nice threat there junior, gonna call my momma a name next? Grow up.

This isn't baseball - average NFL career is what, 3.5-5 years tops?

As long as they can contribute their first two years, and be productive/hold a roster spot for 3-5 beyond that, can't ask for much more. Ecspecially for a smallish RB.

I will say that I am not real happy with the Irons pick at all. I sure hope they see something the rest of us don't.

I don't get the fuss....

We're Cincinnati baby. We're junior New Yorkers. We only know bitching... that's why some of us have serious issue with positive articles from Hobson. :lmao:

I didn't know Hobson wrote any other kind of article. :monopoly::sperm::seehearspeak:

From what I've read so far this seems like a solid pick. This is where we got Peko last year and that was a bit of a headscratcher at the time.

I guess I don't understand outrage at this point in the draft in any given year. I would hope the team would be targeting guys who have topside athleticism and nastiness who have not had a chance to fully develop same at this point in the proceedings. This guy fitst that mold. Tall, fast, hits hard. Not a ton of experience, and will need coaching to finish developing. Seems like EXACTLY the kind of upside guy you want to draft and hope you hit on at this point in the proceedings.

I don't get the fuss....

We're Cincinnati baby. We're junior New Yorkers. We only know bitching... that's why some of us have serious issue with positive articles from Hobson. :lmao:

I didn't know Hobson wrote any other kind of article. :monopoly::sperm::seehearspeak:

Hobson is the air beneath my troubled wings. When times are dark, I have Hobson to spin it so neatly that I feel so good about this team... even during the 2-14 season. :lol:

Watch personal insults or wimpy threats fellas. Roger Goodell has inspired me to take control of character issues here... :sure:

Idiot i am not saying I hate the pick, i thought he would of been there later. Great pick, wrong round. Read my comments

You simply don't know that, you just don't. You have no idea how other teams had him slotted. That kind of criticism never makes sense to me. It's like when the Bengals were railed for taking Levi when they did back in the day, because they allegedly could have traded back and still gotten him (espn killed them). And then it turned out that the Giants were going to take him.

You take guys when you have them graded. I trust the Bengals do that.

Marvin White is more a free safety but he delivers a strong safety wallop with impeccable timing on his hits as the video of what is known as The Great White Hit at the bottom of the thread below shows:

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=14621

If you watch all angles of the hit, it shows why Marv would like this guy a whole lot. He goes from backpedal to stop and read and in a couple steps is not only able to position himself for a hit on a 215 lb. WR but produce a split second reaction to step in and knock the slop out of the Robert Johnson without losing balance.

As for a tackler vs. the run, watching White tackle Garrett Wolf isolated in space at the second level was perfect form. He's got big-time quicks, excellent read coverage skills and can smack. He's somewhat slighter built than a stronger safety type like Kevin Payne but he can add some without losing his ability to react.

All of that was a big reason why he was the Bengalszone Mock Draft 4th round Bengals pick for awhile.

I'd say there was a good 40% chance he would be there next round.

He graded 4th/5th round by most people. The Carolina Panthers may have been ready to call his name the very next pick....

EDIT: Haha I was waiting for you schweinhart, I knew you liked him even more than I do.