who will be 1st round Busts?

I have several and you all will call me crazy...

1. Jamarcus Russell will be a bust. Everytime I see his I see Akili Smith All over again.

2. Calvin Johnson might be one. I remember Charles Rogers picked #2 in Detriot in 03 and everyone said he was the best WR prospect to ever come out...yeah

3. Joe THomas will be a bust. First he is going to Cleveland so he will be hurt for 80% of his career and looking at history of OT's drafted in top 5 over the last few years hasnt turned up well.

4. Craig Davis...dont see him working out in SD

5. Justin Harrell...im torn on him

1. Jamarcus Russell will be a bust. Everytime I see his I see Akili Smith All over again.

2. Calvin Johnson might be one. I remember Charles Rogers picked #2 in Detriot in 03 and everyone said he was the best WR prospect to ever come out...yeah

3. Joe THomas will be a bust. First he is going to Cleveland so he will be hurt for 80% of his career and looking at history of OT's drafted in top 5 over the last few years hasnt turned up well.

No way Calvin Johnson is going to be a bust. In fact, I'll bet Kitna has had an erection since the moment he realized he'll have the choice between throwing to Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson on every play.

I'm guessing your bit about Joe Thomas was a joke... although I do feel bad for Brady Quinn. Not because of Thomas... but because he'll most likely get his leg ripped off on a random play that Steinbach forgets to block. I can't say if both or either of Russel and Quinn will be busts... but more than 50% of 1st round QB's end up that way, so it's likely that one or both of them will be.

I still think Ted Ginn is going to be a bust, and that Anthony Gonzalez will be the better NFL WR (all the more certain now that he's got Peyton Manning throwing him the ball). Ginn is fantastically fun to watch as a return-man... but not a #1 WR by any stretch of the imaginiation.

I have my doubts about Gaines Adams. Maybe not a bust... but not worth a top 5 pick. I'm just basing this on gut feeling though. I've also never been a big fan of Michael Griffin. He won't be a bust... but he reminds me too much of Roy Williams. Top tier at stopping the run, but a liability in pass coverage. I personally don't find that combination worthy of a 1st round pick.

Other than that... I don't see much to complain about. Timmons, although slightly early, went to the right team. He'll be a very good pass-rushing LB to replace Porter in Pittsburgh. I'm glad they reached (if in fact they did), but I don't like the fact that they were able to replace Porter so well, so quickly.

1 Bust and 1 overdrafted OT in like past 10 years in Robert Gallery and Mike williams...OT has one of the highest success rates in the NFl...the only knock I'd have on Joe thomas is he has small arms for a guy his size.. but still over all decent legnth.

this draft will produce stars (russell, willis, c. johnson, meriweather, landry, lynch, meachem, peterson (health), and quinn)

but i think many first round picks will not return their value:

ginn, jr.

jamaal anderson

amobi okoye

carriker

aaron ross

craig davis (what were they thinking?)

is there a sleeper thread yet?

I think Joe Thomas will be a quality starter, but Brady won't live up to the hype.

I don't think Jarvis Moss has the work ethic to make it in the NFL. He'll have a good rookie season, take a step back during his sophmore season, and then never get any better.

Dewayne Bowe is a bust. He'll be a journeyman WR for about 8 seasons.

I think Greg Olsen will be a bust, too. I'm not sold on his hands and he officially became the worst blocking TE in the NFL the moment he was drafted.

I think Joe Thomas will be a quality starter, but Brady won't live up to the hype.

I don't think Jarvis Moss has the work ethic to make it in the NFL. He'll have a good rookie season, take a step back during his sophmore season, and then never get any better.

Dewayne Bowe is a bust. He'll be a journeyman WR for about 8 seasons.

I think Greg Olsen will be a bust, too. I'm not sold on his hands and he officially became the worst blocking TE in the NFL the moment he was drafted.

the boobs in your avatar :sure:

plus, i disagree with the olsen and bowe picks. bowe, meachem and c. johnson will be stud recievers in the league. and olsen, while he can't block (and neither can a lot of TE's in the nfl these days) he is a reciever in a tight end's body. mismatch all day.

Here is what is going to happen to Quinn and THomas...

Quinn will be at training camp(late after excessive holdout) throwing the ball and will tear his shoulder up big time sidelineing him for the year

Thomas will be fishing on his boat before training camp and will catch a big ass fish. As soon as he gets it in the boat he trips and falls and tears every ligament in his knee.

The two biggest busts...IMO

1. Jamarcus Russell I can definitely see now! Why would you draft JR then trade his No 1 receiver (Moss) away. JR has to be crying after he heard the news on Sunday.

2. Ted Ginn Jr I think will end up being a bust. He was known for his speed in college, and well...everyone is faster in the NFL. He will not be a first round receiver, cough...Peter Warrick...cough

Justin Harrell might have been a reach but who knows...

I think Calvin Johnson will be big for the Lions. I mean come on, fourth times a charm, right? :blink:

Best fit will have to be Anthony Gonzalez. I mean talk about stepping into your typical slot receiver role! He will end up putting up big numbers and remain a slot receiver here...

Calvin Johnson ans Tedd Guinn

Drafted WR in the first round not names Randy Moss, has turned out very poorly...ask the Lions...oh wait! :lol:

Joe Thomas is a stud and Quinn while he is over rated, will be a workhorse and produce quality numbers.

1 Bust and 1 overdrafted OT in like past 10 years in Robert Gallery and Mike williams...OT has one of the highest success rates in the NFl...the only knock I'd have on Joe thomas is he has small arms for a guy his size.. but still over all decent legnth.

then we can trade a mediocre running back for him and he can help us to the playoffs. :lmao: